Soul On Audiophile

Mods- not sure if in correct place , please feel free to move if not

Ok, first question, just been browsing ebay and came across a guy selling "audiophile recordings", so what is an audiophile recording, presume its some sort of format, all of his listings were LP's, and secondly does anybody have any soul 45's in this format and what is the quality like...thanks in advance...phil

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

audiophile lps are usually great sound quality. pressed on heavy 180/200gm vinyl and mastered from the original tapes. mobile fidelity released loads of great jazz and blues. muddy waters folk singer springs to mind. there are a few 12" singles but i've never seen a 7" audiophile single. some of the LPs do play at 45rpm though.

i've loads of jazz LPs and they do sound great.

Social source share

audiophile lps are usually great sound quality. pressed on heavy 180/200gm vinyl and mastered from the original tapes. mobile fidelity released loads of great jazz and blues. muddy waters folk singer springs to mind. there are a few 12" singles but i've never seen a 7" audiophile single. some of the LPs do play at 45rpm though.

i've loads of jazz LPs and they do sound great.

"some of the LPs do play at 45rpm though"

yeah i noticed that on his listings, he also had some aretha franklin unreleased LP's on Quadraphonic sounds, is this a completley different format altogether...phil

Social source share

"some of the LPs do play at 45rpm though"

yeah i noticed that on his listings, he also had some aretha franklin unreleased LP's on Quadraphonic sounds, is this a completley different format altogether...phil

Quadrophonic was an early effort at surround sound and required a special cartridge and pre amp and amp and four speakers.

Audiophile recording can refer to half speed mastering or direct to disk recording but to note any difference you need a fairly expensive sound system.

Social source share

I thought audiophiles were old men who rang up kids and talked dirty :(

An audiophile, from Latin audio "I hear" and Greek philos "loving," is a hobbyist who seeks high-quality audio reproduction via the use of non-mass-produced high-end audio electronics.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert