Guest miff

• Replies 23
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Last one I sold for £25 last year so £30 seems about right . Has gone for £40 in mint condition.

:) HI ALL:- £25 - £30 FOR A WHITE DEMO, YES PLEASE! THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD SELLOR AND INDEMAND RECORD FOR BOTH SIDES FOR MANY YEARS, ISSUE £40+ AND THE DEMO NOT SURE ABOUT??

:thumbsup: DAVE KIL

Social source share

:lol: HI ALL:- £25 - £30 FOR A WHITE DEMO, YES PLEASE! THIS HAS ALWAYS BEEN A GOOD SELLOR AND INDEMAND RECORD FOR BOTH SIDES FOR MANY YEARS, ISSUE £40+ AND THE DEMO NOT SURE ABOUT??

:D DAVE KIL

Its not a white demo its blue just like the issue but marked up as a demo and its vinyl

Social source share

Its not a white demo its blue just like the issue but marked up as a demo and its vinyl

:lol: "EXACTLY" I HAD NEVER SEEN ONE! ON A WHITE LABEL, SO I WOULD SAY PRICE WISE THEY ARE THE SAME! ABOUT £40 AS THE FLIP IS A GOOD RECORD TO DJ WITH?:D DAVE

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

:lol: "EXACTLY" I HAD NEVER SEEN ONE! ON A WHITE LABEL, SO I WOULD SAY PRICE WISE THEY ARE THE SAME! ABOUT £40 AS THE FLIP IS A GOOD RECORD TO DJ WITH?:huh: DAVE

I've got a White Demo that I've scanned but can't get the damn thing to upload - keep getting the message 'Upload Skipped (Error IO).

Anyone help?

Brian :D

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

:lol: "EXACTLY" I HAD NEVER SEEN ONE! ON A WHITE LABEL, SO I WOULD SAY PRICE WISE THEY ARE THE SAME! ABOUT £40 AS THE FLIP IS A GOOD RECORD TO DJ WITH?:D DAVE

Err - mine is white and have seen quite a few of these.

Big label = variations on promos, label/print layout, vinyl/styrene etc :huh:

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-024142600 1279143776_thumb.jp

post-12286-024142600 1279143776_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Big label = variations on promos, label/print layout, vinyl/styrene etc :lol:

Cheers

Richard

That's what I've been trying to do - how did you do it. Have always managed to upload attachments in thepast.

Social source share

That's what I've been trying to do - how did you do it. Have always managed to upload attachments in thepast.

Hi Brian - just did the normal - clicked on the 'click to upload files' button - selcted the file and then pressed the 'Add Reply' or 'Post' button - all was fine.

Could it be your file size or file format?

Maybe post a query in 'members feedback' and Mike or one of the other mods can then advise.

Good luck!

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

Hi Brian - just did the normal - clicked on the 'click to upload files' button - selcted the file and then pressed the 'Add Reply' or 'Post' button - all was fine.

Could it be your file size or file format?

Maybe post a query in 'members feedback' and Mike or one of the other mods can then advise.

Good luck!

Cheers

Richard

Thanks for reply Richard. Did exactly as you did. Even tried saving the file in various formats (.bmp; .jpeg; and .tif) and attempting to upload each, to no avail. Must say that both scanner and computer were seconds away from getting their first flying lesson . :D

I don't upload frequently so will probably wait until the next time and see whether it was just a temporary blip with the system. If I get further probs then will have to seek help from Mike/Mods.

Thanks again.

Brian :lol:

Edited by Brian Ellis
Social source share

Big label = variations on promos, label/print layout, vinyl/styrene etc :yes:

Cheers

Richard

:wub: OOOOOOPPPS! HOWEVER THATS A LATER PRESS... NO YOU ARE RIGHT HOWEVER ISSUES LOOK BETTER!:huh: DAVE KILpost-13241-082833100 1279149340_thumb.jp

Social source share

Why is the white one a demo ? its just white dont say its a demo.

I'm guessing it says promo on the other side, which is the real a-side of this record. I have never seen a white press of a volt record that wasn't a promo (or maybe I just assumed as you are pointing out, that it is a promo?). If it doesn't say it anywhere it is an interesting record.

Social source share

I'm guessing it says promo on the other side, which is the real a-side of this record. I have never seen a white press of a volt record that wasn't a promo (or maybe I just assumed as you are pointing out, that it is a promo?). If it doesn't say it anywhere it is an interesting record.

Yeh Boba great tune,sure i have white ones that dont say promo on but without searchin' through all me records i'm not sure.

Social source share

Yeh Boba great tune,sure i have white ones that dont say promo on but without searchin' through all me records i'm not sure.

thanks for the info. I probably incorrectly assumed that all volt white labels were promos. Strange for any label to do, though, esp volt.

Social source share

thanks for the info. I probably incorrectly assumed that all volt white labels were promos. Strange for any label to do, though, esp volt.

I think there was a topic about Volt demo's a while back Boba,anyone ? sure it made the point promo's came in both colours and same with issues or at least some of the white ones dont have promo printed on em,anyone direct me to the thread i'm bored.

Social source share

Guest Brian Ellis

I think there was a topic about Volt demo's a while back Boba,anyone ? sure it made the point promo's came in both colours and same with issues or at least some of the white ones dont have promo printed on em,anyone direct me to the thread i'm bored.

On my white 'Demo???' the 'Got to get rid of you' side has 'Plug Side' on the label - so made the assumption it was a demo? Does the blue label version have this written on it too?

Brian :huh:

Social source share

On my white 'Demo???' the 'Got to get rid of you' side has 'Plug Side' on the label - so made the assumption it was a demo? Does the blue label version have this written on it too?

Brian :huh:

Yes

Edited by miff
Social source share

When I get home I will post up the other side.

Records that say PLUG SIDE on are promos - whether they say promotional, demonstration, DJ copy etc or not. After all, who else 'Plugs' a record but a DJ?

A great example of this is Ronnie Taylor on Revilot - the issue is plain as normal, the promo says PLUG SIDE on one side but nothing else.

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Records that say PLUG SIDE on are promos - whether they say promotional, demonstration, DJ copy etc or not. After all, who else 'Plugs' a record but a DJ?

A great example of this is Ronnie Taylor on Revilot - the issue is plain as normal, the promo says PLUG SIDE on one side but nothing else.

Cheers

Richard

Yes if they say plug side they're promo's,but some of the white one's dont have plug or promo,might be the old atlantic ones only you'll have find the thread.

Social source share

Cheers

Richard

Here is the other side of mine with PLUG SIDE on it :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

post-12286-018868300 1279234022_thumb.jp

post-12286-018868300 1279234022_thumb.jp

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!