Harvey Averne Dozen I Never Learned To Dance

murano

Hello.

I heared HARVEY AVERNE DOZEN I NEVER LEARNED TO DANCE last weekend and it is a great song..

Strange that i never heared of this before. i search the internet and it is a 500 record.

I can't pay that much. My question is, have he done a lp with this track on it?

I'm shure anybody know..

Thanks

Maik

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hello.

I heared HARVEY AVERNE DOZEN I NEVER LEARNED TO DANCE last weekend and it is a great song..

Strange that i never heared of this before. i search the internet and it is a 500 record.

I'm shure anybody know..

Thanks

Maik

Its on the self titled Fania LP from the early 70's and I've seen that LP go from as little as £30 to £150

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

There is a cheaper re- issue 45 on JAZZMAN ...usually a tenner

I heard the reissue played out a while back and it sounded different than the original 45, is it taken off the LP?

Social source share

The Fania LP also has the excellent "Central Park" on it, which imo is as good if not better then "Learned To Dance"

Cheers

Martyn

I agree that Central Park ids good, very good in fact; but not better than 'Never Learned' IMO - it reminds me of 'Ordinary Joe' which aint no bad thing :thumbsup:

Social source share

I agree that Central Park ids good, very good in fact; but not better than 'Never Learned' IMO - it reminds me of 'Ordinary Joe' which aint no bad thing :thumbsup:

Dave

Yep very similar backing to "Ordinary Joe"...........We're discussing the fineline between two top class tracks all that goes to show is how good the LP is & well worth picking up.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Hello.

I'm shure anybody know..

Thanks

Maik

Hi Mak,

Harvey Averne on JAZZMAN... :thumbsup:

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...ME:B:SS:GB:1123

Social source share

I agree Dave but there are 2 versions of this single 3 if you included the LP stereo version, a harder gritty more Greater Experience style and the flowing LP version.

harvey averne - central park -

harvey averne - central park -

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert