Mrs Soul?

Guest vic-shot

Guest vic-shot

Does anyone know what the record is that Mick Smiths plays down the 100 club.It must be called Mrs Soul and it's a femal version of Bud Harpers Mr Soul,it's more uptempo and a real dancer.

I asked Mick and he told who it was but I forgot.All I remember is that it's on Airtown or Airtime and he said it should be about £50.00.

Any info or if anyones got one for sale please let me known.

Thanks Vic. :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest vic-shot

Cheers Pete,How much does the one on 45 go for and is it hard to get hold of?

You haven't got a sound file either have you?

Thanks again Vic. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Cheers Pete,How much does the one on 45 go for and is it hard to get hold of?

You haven't got a sound file either have you?

Thanks again Vic. :thumbsup:

link

I don't know the price of the 45, sorry Vic, actually I think it's called Soul & Ska and not vice-versa as I said; as a reggae collector, I wouldn't pay more than £30 for that album but I've known it go for over £75 for the Mrs Soul track.

I've got the single on tape somewhere, if anyone else can mp3 it great, if not I'll try and find it

Social source share

Guest vic-shot

Sounded pretty good to me when I've heard it down the 100 club,but I could been caught up in the moment.

That's why I want to hear a sound file.But your right Chalky 5/6 copies and only £200 doesn't exactly say indemand does it? :thumbsup:

Social source share

45 is ludicrously rare. Maybe 5/6 known copies, but not that great a record in my opinion. Price is probably around £200 mark if you can find one.

link

Not that rare IMO, had one off Ady Pountain for a fiver years ago, just a case of demand outstripping available quantity. :thumbsup:

Social source share

45 is ludicrously rare. Maybe 5/6 known copies, but not that great a record in my opinion. Price is probably around £200 mark if you can find one.

link

Thats a ridiculous statement, how can you possibly know that, I've seen a dozen at least and it's like the Glen Miller record or the Philip James, soul collectors might not have them but ska and reggae collectors do - and also know the price. £30 absolute maximum.

Social source share

Dream on Pete, £30 is stupid. Fair enough I was wrong on quantity, but that's only what I was told. And I never said in demand as I though it was majorly known. I know of a copy changing hands for £500 up here, but that was a case of "I want it now". My good mate Geordie payed somewhere in the region of £200, and the copy on ebay last year made just over £250, so I think £200 is a benchmark if not an undervaluation.

If you can get me 2 at £30 I'll snatch your hand off as I know of at least 2 folks who would pay 200+ for copies.

Social source share

Dream on Pete, £30 is stupid. Fair enough I was wrong on quantity, but that's only what I was told. And I never said in demand as I though it was majorly known. I know of a copy changing hands for £500 up here, but that was a case of "I want it now". My good mate Geordie payed somewhere in the region of £200, and the copy on ebay last year made just over £250, so I think £200 is a benchmark if not an undervaluation.

If you can get me 2 at £30 I'll snatch your hand off as I know of at least 2 folks who would pay 200+ for copies.

link

And I'm telling you that a reggae ska collector OF WHICH I AM ONE with 1000+ items would not pay more than £30 for that record. If you lot want to pay idiotic prices, fine by me. The other single on Airborne is far rarer than that, popcorn record, forgot what it's called.

Social source share

This is not a rare record and Pete is right, I have Ska collector friends who have this in their collection and I got mine for less than £30 a few years back, That said, I'm not surprised it's going for stupid money, seems to be the norm these days. Cest la vie, I have it so I'm not bothered - this time :-)

Edited by TheBigO
Social source share

And I'm telling you that a reggae ska collector OF WHICH I AM ONE with 1000+ items would not pay more than £30 for that record.  If you lot want to pay idiotic prices, fine by me.  The other single on Airborne is far rarer than that, popcorn record, forgot what it's called.

link

Right, gotcha :thumbsup: I myself would not pay much for it as I don't like it. Don't get me wrong I'd have a boxful at £30 or less each, because if Mick's playing it now price is likely to go up more still, and i don't think they would be too hard to sell on.

Social source share

Right, gotcha :thumbsup: I myself would not pay much for it as I don't like it. Don't get me wrong I'd have a boxful at £30 or less each, because if Mick's playing it now price is likely to go up more still, and i don't think they would be too hard to sell on.

link

I don't know why Mick is playing it because he knows it's not the right version, but thats reminded me that it's him who's got the other Airborne 45, I nearly got it off him for a fiver once as it was a totally unknown but very strange Jamaican soul track but he held on to it. The I remember someone from Belgium offering to pay £60 for it so I asked him if he'd still got it and he had. I think I'll ring him and see if he can remember what it was.

Social source share

I just did a Google search on Joyce Bond and got this:

Mistress Joyce Bond

Mature, Experienced, Sensuous, Dominant Goddess Seeks Slaves.

I love to administer erotic disciplinary training to naughty men. Some of my favorite role-playing scenarios are: the punishing aunt, the disciplining schoolteacher, the seductively examining nurse.

etc

By the way, I'd have thought a much better bet was her version of Jackie Edwards' Tell Me What It's All About on Island

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

I don't know why Mick is playing it because he knows it's not the right version, but thats reminded me that it's him who's got the other Airborne 45, I nearly got it off him for a fiver once as it was a totally unknown but very strange Jamaican soul track but he held on to it.  The I remember someone from Belgium offering to pay £60 for it so I asked him if he'd still got it and he had.  I think I'll ring him and see if he can remember what it was.

link

would it be johnny mc bee- nothin but love-airbourne

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Absolutely spot-on Miss P - nice one - what do you think of it???

link

absolutely love it to bits.....just cant get one :angry:

Social source share

Guest vic-shot

I just did a Google search on Joyce Bond and got this:

Mistress Joyce Bond

Mature, Experienced, Sensuous, Dominant Goddess Seeks Slaves.

I love to administer erotic disciplinary training to naughty men. Some of my favorite role-playing scenarios are: the punishing aunt, the disciplining schoolteacher, the seductively examining nurse.

etc

I think I'll have a go at this Joyce Bond instead.I can get her to pretend I've been a bad boy spending to much on records. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

And I'm telling you that a reggae ska collector OF WHICH I AM ONE with 1000+ items would not pay more than £30 for that record.  If you lot want to pay idiotic prices, fine by me.  The other single on Airborne is far rarer than that, popcorn record, forgot what it's called.

link

pete....do you know how much Mamie Perry - Lament -Pioneer international is going for??????

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

pete....do you know how much Mamie Perry - Lament -Pioneer international is going for??????

link

Mamie perry what a haunting track love those violins

Quite a rare popcorn tune

Michael Scarpone had one a few years back for 250 quid

Alan H

Social source share

Guest NASHEE

Mamie perry what a haunting track love those violins

Quite a rare popcorn tune

Michael Scarpone had one a few years back for 250 quid

Alan H

link

Thanks Alan....I'll have to get a little more in the piggy bank before I go hunting then swoon.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

link

Brick Lane Market...20p...fair price i thought

Social source share

• 5 months later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert