Joey Delorenzo - Wake Up

• Replies 95
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes it has been done, easy to tell the labels are reversed, I got confused with this last year I had a original come in and I was sure it was a boot but it turned out to be a original.

Boot value £25

Original £1000

I know copies have gone for £2k before but I cant see it happening again, I was so unsure what price to put on it last time I sent my copy to JM Got about £980 for it.

Cheers Darren

Edited by BROWNIE
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

who would want to boot one of the biggest piles of crap ever played....let alone own a real one...........value? 1p and you'd want some change as well :laugh: ....peggy babcock

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

good intro!

The great intro is the problem.

The amount of times i ran to the Dome dancefloor thinking it was something else, only for the vocal to kick in and to realise it was my most hated record of all time (alongside Joe Jama that is).

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

Like Pete said only 5 copies known.............these were originally from Pete Lowrie via Mike Valvano...........I did have one that went to Gary Spencer and this copy is/was with Pete.

I understand the deal to re-issue was done with Mike Valvano prior to his death and it was put on hold...........im lead to believe that his son resurrected the deal but a cock up was made with the pressings.The labels are reversed and are smaller.

If this is a pile of sh@@ someone will fill the details in.

Smudge

Edited by smudgesmith
Social source share

Like Pete said only 5 copies known.............these were originally from Pete Lowrie via Mike Valvano...........I did have one that went to Gary Spencer and this copy is/was with Pete.

Correct

Kenny burrell had one

Tim Brown sold one to Sean Chapman

and have been told Dr Bob had one (not confirmed)

There may only be 4 copies as i know Sean sold his and dont know the history of copies sold recently

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

If there was ever an example of a bad record then this is it, so typical of a hyped crap record, play then enough and people think it's good, clangy shite.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Too right Mark...........load of tosh F@@k all to do with soul.........pure pop crap:thumbsup:

Social source share

its a great northern soul record - GET OVER IT!!!! kenny burrell made it a monster ...not for the soul purists but who cares,,,a FLOORFILLER in its day........the dome etc......gr8 tune,,,,imo of course!

god bless northern soul then, eh mark :lol:

BRI PINCH

Social source share

I seem to remember a connection with a cereal advert? Wasn't it made for a US advert?

Don't mind it myself.....one of those novelty records...good intro!

Rumour has it!! It was knocked up for the big K cornflakes Ad in the U.S. most people seem to hate it!! I can live with it but wouldn't want to pay big bucks for it!!

Social source share

Rumour has it!! It was knocked up for the big K cornflakes Ad in the U.S. most people seem to hate it!! I can live with it but wouldn't want to pay big bucks for it!!

Is that rumour or just speculation?

Has anyone connected with either the record or the maker of breakfast cereals designed to stop teenage boys masturbating (allegedly!)

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

wake up to the sunshine girl - ztbc -

Arrrgghhh my ears!! :thumbsup:

First 14 seconds are brilliant. I was trying to remember why i don't like it, it's Joey's vocal and the backing squeeky noise that sounds like my kids on a trampoline.

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

I seem to remember a connection with a cereal advert? Wasn't it made for a US advert?

Don't mind it myself.....one of those novelty records...good intro!

Sure it was more like ....someone said it reminded them of a corn flake advert :thumbsup:

Can just see Ross Kemp now...

Social source share

Arrrgghhh my ears!! laugh.gif

First 14 seconds are brilliant. I was trying to remember why i don't like it, it's Joey's vocal and the backing squeeky noise that sounds like my kids on a trampoline.

Now I think about it the intro sounds very much like "Little Queenie - Bill Blacks Combo" :thumbsup:

Social source share

The opening guitar riff sounds a bit like "I'm gone" - Eddie Parker,apart from the guy didn't give a f*ck this time.

I'm guessing his girl had actually left him,and the rent man was actually at the door just moments before he went to record that piss poor riff.:thumbsup:

Vocally its got to be on a level with Dean Barlow.

Social source share

Is that rumour or just speculation?

Has anyone connected with either the record or the maker of breakfast cereals designed to stop teenage boys masturbating (allegedly!)

Info came from a mate of mine that bought a copy off pete lowrie a good few years ago!! No reason do disbelieve!! I don't think it would make me want to rush to the shops and buy a packet!!

Social source share

Info came from a mate of mine that bought a copy off pete lowrie a good few years ago!! No reason do disbelieve!! I don't think it would make me want to rush to the shops and buy a packet!!

Don't think you can buy over the counter what this makes me rush out to the shops for:lol:

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

C.mon ,the guy was only asking for a valuation ,and if it had been booted---having established that --it is one of the biggest load of shite ever played on the soul scene---just my opinion of course!!!

T.C.

Social source share

C.mon ,the guy was only asking for a valuation ,and if it had been booted---having established that --it is one of the biggest load of shite ever played on the soul scene---just my opinion of course!!!

T.C.

Must admit Tony ..im usually the 1st person to make that statement ,but i've had to make an exception today

However i'm not going to give in and play the soundclip like others.....it's been a long time since i've heard it and it's gonna stay that way:yes:

Social source share

Too right Mark...........load of tosh F@@k all to do with soul.........pure pop crap:thumbsup:

As far as pop blue eyed soul goes it hits the mark, and that mark is dance floor reaction!! it fills it everytime........nuff said on whether its good or not.

And since when does a "northern soul" record have to have any soul in it whatsoever, AT LEAST 50% of our scene is non soul its northern soul!!........ It's a beat behind the music, nothing more, nothing less and Joey D. has that beat.:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

if it came from pete lowrie then it must be kosher...................not

Social source share

Is this you?

https://www.righttrac...co.uk/Abtus.htm

Yep thats the very same Andy "Mudge" Smith :yes: , he of 2 minds & 2 bellys :lol:

so i take it folk aren't too keen on it then :thumbsup: , i really like it and just wondered what it sells for in todays rates, never realised it got booted tho but there again i don't follow the latest booleg scene :yes::lol:

so do we know who's copy is on PB auction ???

Ian.

Social source share

Kenny burrell had one

Tim Brown sold one to Sean Chapman

and have been told Dr Bob had one (not confirmed)

There may only be 4 copies as i know Sean sold his and dont know the history of copies sold recently

Flynny had one too didn't he. There was certainly 5 or maybe even 6 known about when it was getting plenty of turntable action.

Social source share

Yep thats the very same Andy "Mudge" Smith :yes: , he of 2 minds & 2 bellys :D

so i take it folk aren't too keen on it then :thumbsup: , i really like it and just wondered what it sells for in todays rates, never realised it got booted tho but there again i don't follow the latest booleg scene :yes::lol:

so do we know who's copy is on PB auction ???

Ian.

I wasn't being funny just thought it odd he would call the record "a load of tosh F@@k all to do with soul.........pure pop crap" when it says he was the first person to play it :lol:

Anyway, who cares what anyone else thinks of it?

If I like a record I couldn't give two hoots what other people think.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Flynny had one too didn't he. There was certainly 5 or maybe even 6 known about when it was getting plenty of turntable action.

It was played a lot at the Dome, so i'm assuming it was either Kenny or Dave Flynn playing it regularly there.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert