• Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ste Brazil

It takes a brave man to admit this, a very brave man. :yes:

Ste.:hatsoff2:

...ok while we are at it, i once asked for 'Skiing in the snow' at one of the Bradford allnighters as i actually loved the song (yeah i know...)and the DJ just looked at me in disbelief , laughed and turned his back on me...i walked away totally embarrased! :thumbsup:

Ste.

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

...ok while we are at it, i once asked for 'Skiing in the snow' at one of the Bradford allnighters as i actually loved the song (yeah i know...)and the DJ just looked at me in disbelief , laughed and turned his back on me...i walked away totally embarrased! :hatsoff2:

Ste.

P.S. I still like the intro until the vocal kicks in:blush: ...

Ste.

Social source share

...ok while we are at it, i once asked for 'Skiing in the snow' at one of the Bradford allnighters as i actually loved the song (yeah i know...)and the DJ just looked at me in disbelief , laughed and turned his back on me...i walked away totally embarrased! :thumbsup:

Ste.

F**k all wrong with S.I.T.S.. it's on a very nice label as well (Dynovoice)

It's just been played to death over the years, same with "Out On The Floor", "Tainted Love" and many others, massive floorfillers in their day.

All now called divi northern records, I don't really want to hear them when I'm out, but I still like them. :hatsoff2:

Dave.

Social source share

My dirty little secret

Confessions of a Divvy

My secret Northernsoul likes are:

Ron Grainer A touch of Velvet the Sting of brass

Ron Grainer Joe 90

Derek & Ray - Interplay

I have danced in platforms and worn "Roller trousers"

There ya go, stone me!

Simon,

You are a dirty little secret :hatsoff2:

Social source share

My dirty little secret

Confessions of a Divvy

My secret Northernsoul likes are:

Ron Grainer A touch of Velvet the Sting of brass

Ron Grainer Joe 90

Derek & Ray - Interplay

There ya go, stone me!

what was wrong with the refosoul version

derek and ray - interplay -

:hatsoff2:

kev

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

My three favorites are:

A touch of Velvet and a tickle with a feather.

Foreplay

Joan and 69inety

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I'm on record already on here as a lover of Barnaby Bye - Can't Live This Way :thumbsup:

... i'd also like to confess to liking Muriel Day - Nine Times Out of Ten, God forgive me, it's a nostalgia thing. :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

One good thing about YouTube, you can listen to this without anyone reading what you last listened too... :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest Mark Holmes

I will admit to

Peggy March - If You Loved Me

Paul Anka - When We Get There

Karen Young - Too Much of a Good Thing

Social source share

Hey now, we've all loved them all at one time or another & I'm 100% sure we've all danced to every single "Divvy" tune at one time or another & I'll guarntee that even if Marc Copage,Keith, Gary Lewis etc came on today we'd do a manly moan & then tap our feet & sing along with the words,not out loud mind,cos thats Div, or am I the only secret shite lover? I've got cd's full of it in the car & I don't care who knows (Don't tell me Mam tho) & whats all this it was a song of it's time??? My arse it was our youth:thumbsup: .

Take care,be safe & remember," Oh, listen to me honey,like summer & sunshine,flowers & rain,we go together & that's how we'll stay",

Spot. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

It'd be quite something to hear all these in one place sometime. They aren't the bog standard run of the mill oldies. It'd make a change from boots of Frank Wilson.

Youthclub classics night anyone? :thumbsup:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

You forgot to say, you also go out in a skirt...:thumbsup:

Hey now, we've all loved them all at one time or another & I'm 100% sure we've all danced to every single "Divvy" tune at one time or another & I'll guarntee that even if Marc Copage,Keith, Gary Lewis etc came on today we'd do a manly moan & then tap our feet & sing along with the words,not out loud mind,cos thats Div, or am I the only secret shite lover? I've got cd's full of it in the car & I don't care who knows (Don't tell me Mam tho) & whats all this it was a song of it's time??? My arse it was our youth:thumbsup: .

Take care,be safe & remember," Oh, listen to me honey,like summer & sunshine,flowers & rain,we go together & that's how we'll stay",

Spot. :thumbsup:

I'll be popping up to York on Saturday and I've promised to do a CD of sing-a-long stuff after coming home from Madchester last week and desperately wanting to sing at the top of my voice (Dean always tells me to shhh when he's in the car)...:thumbsup: (poor Phil)...

I had someone request the snake for me at a soul nite thinking I'd be embarassed...:yes:...Up I got and danced my little socks off and forgot just what a danceable tune it was...only at Nuneaton tho...:thumbsup:...the last one I found myself dancing to Hey little way out girl...just like going back to my teens...:yes:

Never be ashamed to have fun, we're a long time dead...wink.gif

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

...the last one I found myself dancing to Hey little way out girl...just like going back to my teens...:thumbsup:

Construction (Del Capris) sounded fantastic at Nuneaton, Pete French played it. :thumbsup:

Social source share

i love a touch of velvet, and i think 7 days to long is a brill tune, i think the snake is actually very good,cracking arrangement,brill horns, and quirky lyrics,superb tune esp with headphones on, in fact i think these are all great songs and theres many more that i cant remember at the moment,these are the tunes that alerted my ears to soul music many years ago and i think of them with fondness

jason

Social source share

Danced many a time to Mood Mosaic's Touch of Velvet and don't regret it for one minute - lots of memories of Ms with that.

Another I'd hold my hand up to is that " Round and round in circles" thing can't remember the title that RW played in the main room at WC - now that one I do regret and it was only once - honest.

I agree about the nostalgia thing and the old tunes - I hated Bobby Paris I walked away when it was big around 77/78 ( I think) - but I heard it on a CD about 10 years ago and it really took me back to those days and I didn't feel like cracking up :thumbsup: Can't listen to Eddie Regan though without a cold sweat on the forehead and a rush for the nearest exit

Cheers

Manus

Social source share

My dirty little secret

I have danced in platforms and worn “Roller trousers

There ya go, stone me!

I can hear you now ........

" B -A - Y , B - A - Y ,

B - A - Y , C -I - T - Y ,

With an R - O - doublle - L , E - R - S ,

Bay City Rollers are the best ! "

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

black power -DOES IT FOR ME EVERYTIME AS DOES SOCK IT TO EM JB - THE FLIP OF BLACK POWER HAD A FEW SPINS BACK IN THE EARLY EIGHTIES ITS DEFFO A DECENT RECORD IMO!!

BAZ A

I'm with you on this one Baz, i loved this track (Black Power) years ago, first heard it at our old youth club in the early 80's, always have a soft spot for it - in fact i'm gonna dig it out later and give it a play! thumbsup.gif

Ste.

Social source share

You forgot to say, you also go out in a skirt...:thumbsup:

I'll be popping up to York on Saturday and I've promised to do a CD of sing-a-long stuff after coming home from Madchester last week and desperately wanting to sing at the top of my voice (Dean always tells me to shhh when he's in the car)...:lol: (poor Phil)...

I had someone request the snake for me at a soul nite thinking I'd be embarassed...:thumbsup:...Up I got and danced my little socks off and forgot just what a danceable tune it was...only at Nuneaton tho...:thumbsup:...the last one I found myself dancing to Hey little way out girl...just like going back to my teens...:thumbsup:

Never be ashamed to have fun, we're a long time dead...wink.gif

Hi

No need to stop singing in the car when you get to York as I've put Mel & Tim-Backfield In Motion in my playbox to play, one of the best club records ever..........still love it, still dance to it if I ever hear it out :lol::wub: :wub:

See you Saturday.

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

I thought they were peat bogs at the bottom of your garden?

Trust you are well Phil?

Enough of the pleasantries- fook off. :hatsoff2:

Yes,mate,l also have a soft-spot for you.... at the bottom of my garden.........it's called a swamp!! yes.giflaugh.gif

Brandy & Lemonade? You're one Cheeky Bast**d! :thumbup::thumbsup::hypo:

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

l loved Footsee..........l still love. Footsee...........and l will love Footse til the day l die!! :thumbsup::hatsoff2:yes.gifyes.gif:thumbup::hypo: and beyond!!

And Muriel Day.............. Now theres a tuneph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

Irish singers are the epitome of Northern Soul.......everyone knows that,mate!! :thumbsup::hatsoff2:

My Sentiments exactlylaugh.gif

Social source share

Hi

No need to stop singing in the car when you get to York as I've put Mel & Tim-Backfield In Motion in my playbox to play, one of the best club records ever..........still love it, still dance to it if I ever hear it out biggrin.gif:thumbup::hypo:

See you Saturday.

Cheers

Martyn

I'm dancing at the thought, looking forward to hearing you play...:thumbsup:

And Muriel Day.............. Now theres a tuneph34r.gif

no.gif...a step to far me finx...:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

I'm dancing at the thought, looking forward to hearing you play...:thumbsup:

no.gif...a step to far me finx...:hatsoff2:

You secretly love it i've seen you're copybiggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

Would that be "Noine toimes outer ten" That you be on aboirt,

Been practising my oirish

Grant thats worse than Muriel's accentlaugh.gif

Social source share

Guest marge

What - Judy Street - infact have only eva heard this once played out in years, so what counts as over played?

Got played at Blackpool - what a perfect floor to have it played over, it is an amazing record, so uplifting - some things just come together:smile:

Seven days - heard it at the Wheel 2 years ago, after my youf club days, sounded so perfect in that environment

Sam Williams at the 100 club, love slipped ...

there are places and sounds that join us together. Sometimes it's divvy, sometimes it's what drew us all in, in the first place

I still love Paul Anka...:huh:

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

Oil keiop on keoping on then Kev me oiled mucker :lol:

Graoint

PM Your number and I'll ring you cos those "O''s" your doing are cracking me up laugh.gif

You really must hear how the "Queens" English is spoken with a proper IRISH accentbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest kevnewry

:thumbsup::yes:

you never ring me you tight bastard....

l've had a quite word with him about our (SORRY THE ) o's and i's.......it's a disgrace! :lol::yes:

You're on a Mexican network that costs £300 a minutelaugh.gif I'll ring you from next week on when I've got my "free state" friendly phoneyes.gifbiggrin.gif......................... Muriel says Hi and hows the kids and are you eating enoughlaugh.gifthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

O.k. its time to own up.

3 of my favorites are.

Sue Lynne - Don't Pity Me

Helen Shapiro - Stop And You'll Become Aware

Chapter 5 - You Can't Mean It (Webby will never speak to me again)

Stu.

Social source share

Guest TallSarah

this has made me smile

last time I played out I played tainted love and out on the floor - it made house and techno heads dance tho.......

my dirty secret is bon jovi (seen them 13 times) and lots lots more in my box of shame

if anyone finds my credibilty out the way out, please post to ts, chorley, lancs, ta x

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert