Marv Jonhson / Come On And Stop

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi,

anyone know about this record, is it a re-issue of some sort or an original i've not heard about,

joe.

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...RI#ht_500wt_932

ive a genuine original and, if im correct, this is not the american format of the label...this is usually associated with british releases...it may be foriegn but more likely a boot....pete smith etc., will confirm

Social source share

Going by the rest of the stuff for sale - Bootleg.

H

thanks for replies,

my thinking also but you never know,

as far as i know he only had one issue on uk united / artists ( you got what it takes ) in 1969,

most of his 45s were on the london lable.

joe.

Social source share

it's a boot, original as far as I'm aware just plain white with bars across, none of the other stuff/circles above the bars. Different flip as well, "Not Available".

correct chalks,

my copy is opposite monotone ( black with 2 white vertical bars)

you got what it takes came out on london american in 59

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

"Unbreakable Love" is actually the flip of Marv's wonderful 1964 single "The Man Who Don't Believe In Love" on U A 691. This is what's pictured on the scan, if you check the catalogue number on the 'west' side of the label.

I've never seen a demo of that, so I suppose the scan could be legit, although UA had stopped using this label design by 1963. But I also think that TMWDBIL was bootlegged for the Island Soul scene - there are certainly 1990s Jamaican pressings of it, on an orange UA label - so the pictured 45 could be another boot for that scene.

Social source share

"Unbreakable Love" is actually the flip of Marv's wonderful 1964 single "The Man Who Don't Believe In Love" on U A 691. This is what's pictured on the scan, if you check the catalogue number on the 'west' side of the label.

I've never seen a demo of that, so I suppose the scan could be legit, although UA had stopped using this label design by 1963. But I also think that TMWDBIL was bootlegged for the Island Soul scene - there are certainly 1990s Jamaican pressings of it, on an orange UA label - so the pictured 45 could be another boot for that scene.

I do have a spare of Unbreakable love / The Man who don't belive in love org if anyone is after one Please pm , great 2 sides .

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert