Harvey Fuqua R.i.p

Guest mrs norman maine

Guest mrs norman maine

Just heard that Mr. Fuqua has been admitted to hospital in Detroit and is on life support .

Edited by mrs norman maine
Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest mrs norman maine

Oh dear that is bad news, lets hope he pulls through.

Unfortunately not, Ian.

R.I.P. Mr. Fuqua and thankyou for your huge contribution to the music that we love. I for one can't imagine my life without it.

Condolences to family and friends.

Wendy

Social source share

Unfortunately not, Ian.

R.I.P. Mr. Fuqua and thankyou for your huge contribution to the music that we love. I for one can't imagine my life without it.

Condolences to family and friends.

Wendy

:sad: Ah man... R.I.P Harvey.

Social source share

Our thoughts & prayers are with Harveys Family & Close Friends at this sad time a TRUE LEGEND in every sense

Gone but Never Forgotten..... Thanks for the Memories Harvey !!!

Love, Peace & Happiness Always....

Ian Cunliffe & Jane Hamilton

We have so much to thank HF for his contribution to this music of ours .

I loved " Sincerely " from the first time I heard it , and still do .

RIP

Malc

Social source share

Sad?

No No No. That's not the way I say goodbye to these legends:

Mr Fuqua left a legacy that many of us would give our right arm for. The epitome of cool! Sharp suits, processed hair do, neat shirt and tie. His music involvement spans the whole spectrum of the second half of the 20th Century! He was partner to Alan Freed for a while and his list of collaboration reads like a Black Music Who's Who. His involvement in the early Motown set us is well documented and his continued contribution to Gordy's empire has always been acknowledged. He rescued Marvin Gaye from the depths of drug induced despair and created a Grammy winning album with him. He was inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame before he passed and I've no doubt he had a wry smile as he he accepted that honour.

Mr Fuqua...step forward and take a well deserved bow and accept these congratulations on a job extremely well done Sir!

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Sad?

Mr Fuqua left a legacy that many of us would give our right arm for. The epitome of cool! Sharp suits, processed hair do, neat shirt and tie. His music involvement spans the whole spectrum of the second half of the 20th Century! He was partner to Alan Freed for a while and his list of collaboration reads like a Black Music Who's Who. His involvement in the early Motown set us is well documented and his continued contribution to Gordy's empire has always been acknowledged. He rescued Marvin Gaye from the depths of drug induced despair and created a Grammy winning album with him. He was inducted into the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame before he passed and I've no doubt he had a wry smile as he he accepted that honour.

Mr Fuqua...step forward and take a well deserved bow and accept these congratulations on a job extremely well done Sir!

Regards,

Dave

Well said Dave :lol:

Julie xx

Social source share

oh blimey ! :thumbsup:

Marvins "Midnight Love" album sums up this gentleman for me personally...... but how can i miss out the 'Harvey' label years, the collaboration with Johnny Bristol on those classic (and classy) Motown tracks, plus those pioneering years in 50's

Rest in peace a true legend, very sad news

IAN

Social source share

Sad?

Regards,

Dave

Well said Dave ...Spot on ! , another great lost to our Beloved Music scene RIP Harvey your music and legacy wil live on and out live all of us .

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

Do it Any Way you Wanna------god bless Harvey ,and as Mr.Moore said --"Thanks for the Memories"

R.I.P

T.C.

Social source share

Guest posstot

A man of eighty years, Who helped give the gift of music to the world. who obviously had a good sense of humor, you'd have to, to come up with any way you wanna......a favourite of mine. As is the follow on to that record; Come on and answer me. Not forgetting his chess release ooh ouch stop.....where he gives an insight into his school days....leaving tacks on the teachers chair...hitting johnny with a whip stick ball......sounds like he was trouble and fun. also most importantly, a genius.

Friends and family will surely miss him, yet we will always have his music. I'm sure he will have had contemptment within his heart when he passed. let's not be sad lets applaud the man.

Harvey.

thankyou.

Social source share

Guest little glyn

A man of eighty years, Who helped give the gift of music to the world. who obviously had a good sense of humor, you'd have to, to come up with any way you wanna......a favourite of mine. As is the follow on to that record; Come on and answer me. Not forgetting his chess release ooh ouch stop.....where he gives an insight into his school days....leaving tacks on the teachers chair...hitting johnny with a whip stick ball......sounds like he was trouble and fun. also most importantly, a genius.

Friends and family will surely miss him, yet we will always have his music. I'm sure he will have had contemptment within his heart when he passed. let's not be sad lets applaud the man.

Harvey.

thankyou.

salford city radio 94.4 currently playing a tribute to mr fuqua

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert