Stevie Wonder At Glastenbury

nrc

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Watched quite a bit of his set, thought he was great!

Didn't notice any problems with the sound, but the telly in the bedroom doesn't have quite the same gusto as that of the one in the drawing room! :thumbsup:

yes but you are down SAAAAAAAAARTH with bigger and better quality everything...

plus it could have been to cooooooooing of my pigeons and the Ferret down my pants that took away the sound quality...

Its grim oooooooop North... :rolleyes:

Maybe i can catch some of the set on youtube or other outlets???? will it be on BBC i player

Social source share

yes but you are down SAAAAAAAAARTH with bigger and better quality everything...

plus it could have been to cooooooooing of my pigeons and the Ferret down my pants that took away the sound quality...

Its grim oooooooop North... ph34r.gif

Maybe i can catch some of the set on youtube or other outlets???? will it be on BBC i player

You not got high def pigeons up norf yet? :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2010/artists/steviewonder/ :thumbsup:

Social source share

Loved the Fingertips bit (how did he do that?) hated most of the rest of it, all that chatting and banter, just get on with it. Stevie Wonder brings back bad memories of Davina being in labour and me and her being stuck in that hospital room with just a radio, there was a live Stevie Wonder concert on radio 2 and it was so boring that the baby decided not to come out for another 7 hours.

p.s. cue sarcastic post from Little Stevie with some deragotary comment about me just because I didn't enjoy it

Social source share

Loved the Fingertips bit (how did he do that?) hated most of the rest of it, all that chatting and banter, just get on with it. Stevie Wonder brings back bad memories of Davina being in labour and me and her being stuck in that hospital room with just a radio, there was a live Stevie Wonder concert on radio 2 and it was so boring that the baby decided not to come out for another 7 hours.

p.s. cue sarcastic post from Little Stevie with some deragotary comment about me just because I didn't enjoy it

:rolleyes: Stuck in a room with a woman in labour....for seven hours!!!

I wouldn't have enjoyed it either.

Social source share

:rolleyes: Stuck in a room with a woman in labour....for seven hours!!!

I wouldn't have enjoyed it either.

I know, it was murder. Except we went in on the friday night at 11.30 and the baby didn't arrive until 4 on the SUNDAY morning, so that was 28 hours cooped up in that room!

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i enjoyed it and he did Uptight, fingertips and at least 2 or 3 other 70's gems.

didn't notice anything with the sound either

Social source share

I really enjoyed it too! Forgot how many tunes of his I love. Wish I had been there but it didn't stop me having a jig in the front room whilst I watched it on TV!

Social source share

Yes, he was great. He always is. A true legend and hero in my book.

A pity Bobby Womack's brief performance with Gorrilaz was such an anti-climax.

Well, given the ambitious nature of what they were doing and the fact that the so many different people were involved, I thought that getting two appearances from Bobby was ok. The second song (Cloud of Unknowing?) had my hair standing up.

Social source share

I only caught one song. It was a slow number and very brief. I'll have to locate the other song.

It was nearer to the end Dave. Certainly after the Lou Reed bit as I'd just spent a few moments explaining to a gentleman holding a flare who Lou was.

Not sure how it cam across on telly but from where we were Bobby's voice sounded sort of weary in a magnificent way. :D

Social source share

Was at Glastenbury last weekend - bit of a promise to the daughter. Couldn't get near the Pyramid Stage for Stevie Wonder but what we did hear we thought was great. In general i was surprised how much i found that i enjoyed. Let the mrs and daughter do the Scissor Sisters, etc while i had a wander round.

George Clinton was on the West Holts stage, as was Toots and the Maytals (Best act of the weekend for me):rolleyes: . Candi Staton was also performing. Also caught The Beat who were great but not too keen on Jerry Damars Spactial AKA Orchestra, missed Neville Staples though. Also enjoyed Ray Davies on Sunday.

Social source share

Guest posstot

I haven't yet sen the glasto performance....However, i bought tickets for the M.E.N gig on the following tuesday night, as a birthday pressie for our lass...I would go as far as saying that the night we witnessed was an historic event. The whole place was bouncing....and as for when he did uptight...and fingertips(after drinking from the magic goblette) personally, for me that was just out of this world. I'm not a modern soul fan at all, but Stevie just blew my soks off!!! If he's ever in town again, go see the show....he was A mazing!!

Mike

Social source share

Guest miss nancy

Watched quite a bit of his set, thought he was great!

Didn't notice any problems with the sound, but the telly in the bedroom doesn't have quite the same gusto as that of the one in the drawing room! :thumbsup:

ooh how posh, is your drawing room in the west wing :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert