Patti Austin

• Replies 13
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

post-11139-056893500 1277647267_thumb.jp

This was initially released in 1981 on Patti Austin's album Every Home Should Have One. In the spring of 1982, it peaked at #73 on the US charts. Months later, the song found new life when it was used in the ABC soap opera General Hospital for romantic scenes involving Luke Spencer (played by Anthony Geary) after his wife Laura temporarily left the show. ABC got lots of calls and letters about the song, and Warner Brothers Records decided to re-release this as a single due to popular demand. It hit #1 in the US in the early part of 1983.

www.songfacts.com

the only other one i have is the boot of 'Take Away The Pain Stain' ph34r.gif

Social source share

Guest ganesh

does anybody play "He's good enough for me"?

I played it a couple of times in the 80's - nice slow to medium girlie sound.

Social source share

PERSONAL FAVE OF MINE IS HE'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.....BUT ALSO LOVE, I'VE GIVEN ALL MY LOVE, LEAVE A LITTLE LOVE, YOU DIDN'T SAY A WORD,

THINK SHE'S A BIT OF A JAZZ SINGER IN THE BILLIE HOLLIDAY MOULD NOW, LISTEN TO HER IN CONCERT ON RADIO 2 FROM HULL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.

BRI PINCH

Social source share

PERSONAL FAVE OF MINE IS HE'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.....BUT ALSO LOVE, I'VE GIVEN ALL MY LOVE, LEAVE A LITTLE LOVE, YOU DIDN'T SAY A WORD,

THINK SHE'S A BIT OF A JAZZ SINGER IN THE BILLIE HOLLIDAY MOULD NOW, LISTEN TO HER IN CONCERT ON RADIO 2 FROM HULL A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO.

BRI PINCH

I saw her at North Sea Jazz festival about 6 years ago singing Ella Fitzgerald stuff with BBC orchestra, not my sort of stuff to be honest but thought it was worth the 15 and it certainly was, the BBC guys could obviously play but she was just amazing, a world class artist at top of her game, absolute professional and just all performed at top of the game, not much outright soul in it, although there were a few moments, but stunning from start to finish, and a very attractive, if older obviously, lady as well.

Social source share

did she make a bad record.?

Steve

Well I've never got on with "A Ticket A Tasket" :ohmy:

The ' Havana Candy' album track 'We're in Love' was always a personal favourite .

Nick https://www.youtube.c...h?v=vhgAvhFTs-Y.

Love her version of "More Today Than Yesterday" from her "End Of The Rainbow" (CTI) LP

Her complete Coral recordings were captured on a great CD by Gilles Petard in 1999 including 2 unreleased tracks.

To think she was only in her mid teens when she recorded them

Has any one mentioned "Magical Boy" (UA) yet ?

And can I get away with her Masters At Work collaboration "Butterfly" ? :thumbsup:

A wonderfully talented versatile performer

Cheers Paul

Social source share

The unabridged version of an all time classic, great stuff.....

patti austin - take away the pain stain -

Patti Austin one of my fave female singers. She had a fantastic voice when you consider how young she was when she recorded her Coral outings.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert