Ebony Alleyne

Just thumbed through my old Cd box and came across a home made copy of the album that I got before its release , don't think was ever released ?

Ok it is a more contempory sound rather than the norm we are used to , but you have to say its a great selection of easy listerners.

I am puzzled...What was the story behind this album ?

Anyone know more on the subject ?

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just thumbed through my old Cd box and came across a home made copy of the album that I got before its release , don't think was ever released ?

Ok it is a more contempory sound rather than the norm we are used to , but you have to say its a great selection of easy listerners.

I am puzzled...What was the story behind this album ?

Anyone know more on the subject ?

If you are talking about " Never Look Back " , read on ......

In 2003 , just as the album was ready to go into press, the chairman of Sony had a serious fall -out with EA's manager and she was dumped , which meant that eightenn months work was wasted . One track " All the Love in the World " was included on Ian Levine's " Northern Soul 2004 " CD .

In 2007 , Expansion Records bought the rights to the album , and Levine took Alleyne back into the studio to record one new track " You Caught Me Off Guard " and added it to the track listing , and the album was finally released in June 2007 .

The album is creditable , and well worth a listen : example below in the youTube clip .

Malc

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

If you are talking about " Never Look Back " , read on ......

In 2003 , just as the album was ready to go into press, the chairman of Sony had a serious fall -out with EA's manager and she was dumped , which meant that eightenn months work was wasted . One track " All the Love in the World " was included on Ian Levine's " Northern Soul 2004 " CD .

In 2007 , Expansion Records bought the rights to the album , and Levine took Alleyne back into the studio to record one new track " You Caught Me Off Guard " and added it to the track listing , and the album was finally released in June 2007 .

The album is creditable , and well worth a listen : example below in the youTube clip .

Malc

Thanks Malc I am glad to see she got some recognition for the work she put in.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert