Anyone Played This Out? Tamiko Jones 1-2-3

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Found this while browsing some Jazz albums the other day. Anyone ever played it out? I really like it, nice mid-tempo mover and think it would go down well!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest BIG H

Found this while browsing some Jazz albums the other day. Anyone ever played it out? I really like it, nice mid-tempo mover and think it would go down well!

thumbsup.gif yeah i played this out a few times back in the 80's, always spun it back to back with Nancy Wilson version of Call Me

Harry

Edited by BIG H
Social source share

Guest Trevski

Played what out? Why not add the track your talking about to either the topic title or post? Can't see anything on iPhone or play it.

Title is in the topic title Chalky. It plays ok here, thru refosoul.

Herbie Mann Tamiko Jones 1-2-3

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

thumbsup.gif yeah i played this out a few times back in the 80's, always spun it back to back with Nancy Wilson version of Call Me

Harry

Yes, good call! I have Nancy too. They would go well together!

Social source share

Title is in the topic title Chalky. It plays ok here, t

you can't see the topic description on the iPhone Trev. All I can see is anyone played this out. The topic descripition doesn't show. I did put this in a topic about when asking for value.

Refosoul/flash doesn't work on the iPhone either.

Social source share

Trev

Had a listen this afternoon when you posted it & I'm afraid it's not for me............may go down well just not in the Bird household :thumbsup::P

Having listened to it a couple more times I think it would be an OK inst. it's her vocals I don't like????

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Guest Trevski

you can't see the topic description on the iPhone Trev. All I can see is anyone played this out. The topic descripition doesn't show. I did put this in a topic about when asking for value.

Refosoul/flash doesn't work on the iPhone either.

ah ha! I see. Will put it in the title, not description! Tried doing a youtube but atlantic/warners is really hot, don't know how they do it, but it was instantly banned for copyright!

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Trev

Had a listen this afternoon when you posted it & I'm afraid it's not for me............may go down well just not in the Bird household :thumbsup::ohmy:

Having listened to it a couple more times I think it would be an OK inst. it's her vocals I don't like????

Cheers

Martyn

'Tis a soup§on of Cool Jazz more than you dig, baby, but It's my bag these days! :thumbsup: (Translation I like it, even if you don't! :P)

See you soon!

Social source share

'Tis a soup§on of Cool Jazz more than you dig, baby, but It's my bag these days! :lol: (Translation I like it, even if you don't! :lol:)

See you soon!

[/quote]

Trev

That's Kool Daddy O................silly old buggers we should know better :lol: :lol::lol: :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Guest Trevski

That's Kool Daddy O................silly old buggers we should know better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

The day I know better is the day I pop my clogs! :lol:

Social source share

Is their version of "the Sidewinder" on that LP Trevski ?

I had it on a 45 about 25 years ago - I remember it being a Fab version.

Got played on the Mod / Jazz scene at the time.

What is the rest of the LP like?

Social source share

Guest son of stan

Is it off the LP, "A Mann and A Woman"? Got that somewhere, must try and dig it out.

Speaking of jazzers doing versions of, "1-2-3" , I've always really liked Sarah Vaughan's fantastic version on Mercury 7". There's some other marvellous stuff on the LP it's taken from, too.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert