Tyrone Barkley Man Of Value

Guest soulcamper

Guest soulcamper

When looking at copies of Man of Value in boxes & also on scans on the net; I have noticed there are 2 label configurations.

One has the Horn credits at the Top of the label by the artist name, and the other one has the horn credits under the Song Title at the Bottom of the label in the middle of production credits etc.

Are they all originals or are some a later second but still an original release?

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Soul C :hatsoff2::hatsoff2::hatsoff2:

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest eaststand

When looking at copies of Man of Value in boxes & also on scans on the net; I have noticed there are 2 label configurations.

One has the Horn credits at the Top of the label by the artist name, and the other one has the horn credits under the Song Title at the Bottom of the label in the middle of production credits etc.

Are they all originals or are some a later second but still an original release?

Any Ideas?

Thanks, Soul C :hatsoff2::hatsoff2::hatsoff2:

Social source share

I've seen three or four different label variations, all are originals as far as I know and were pressed at different pressing plants. It must've been a very good seller upon release. Exists on both styrene and vinyl.

Social source share

I've seen three or four different label variations, all are originals as far as I know and were pressed at different pressing plants. It must've been a very good seller upon release. Exists on both styrene and vinyl.

Yep, I guess it was pressed in quantity. I found a 100 count box of 'em in the UK in the late 70's and Midland International were used to pressing in large quantities due to the successes they had with John Travolta, Carol Douglas and several tracks they licensed in from around the world so they probably pressed at least a couple of thousand minimum.......

Ian D :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest soulcamper

Yep, I guess it was pressed in quantity. I found a 100 count box of 'em in the UK in the late 70's and Midland International were used to pressing in large quantities due to the successes they had with John Travolta, Carol Douglas and several tracks they licensed in from around the world so they probably pressed at least a couple of thousand minimum.......

Ian D :lol:

Ian and Sebastien - thanks for your help - Soul C :lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert