Singers With A "lisp"

Mach

might sound a bit quirky this, but does anybody think that a song sang with a " lisp" detracts from the final product, there are quite a few around and the one that springs to mind immediatley is joanne touchstone,s, "walk softly" ...

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

might sound a bit quirky this, but does anybody think that a song sang with a " lisp" detracts from the final product, there are quite a few around and the one that springs to mind immediatley is joanne touchstone,s, "walk softly" ...

Always struggled a bit with Garland Green's diction, enunciation or pronunciation - call it what you will - but it does detract from what are otherwise wonderful records/songs, sorry.

Always loved the between song chatter on the SAR boxset with Sam Cooke admonishing the Womack Brothers - 'Since you are singing words lets sings them as precisely as possible' and of course he was the master.

Social source share

Guest Adam G

Otis Smith by a country mile I cant listen to the Albert LP track one life as his lisping totally ruins it for me.

Social source share

Otis Smith by a country mile I cant listen to the Albert LP track one life as his lisping totally ruins it for me.

Chuck Berry .

Malc

Social source share

Brilliant Double Thider:hatsoff2:

Tony

Actually, an old record dealer friend of mine had some records for me a few years ago when I went to see him. He threw me a copy of a Freddie Davies single on UK Major Minor called "I Want Me Seed". He was disappointed, as he bought it thinking (by the title) that it was a reggae single!

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Actually, an old record dealer friend of mine had some records for me a few years ago when I went to see him. He threw me a copy of a Freddie Davies single on UK Major Minor called "I Want Me Seed". He was disappointed, as he bought it thinking (by the title) that it was a reggae single!

just dug this out from the loft ......

Freddy Davies " Santa Face Is Bringing Me A Budgie " / " Give Us A Kiss For Christmas " ( UK HMV Pop 1571 , 9.12.1966 )

Malc

post-5097-1276879498089_thumb.jpg

post-5097-1276879498089_thumb.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Think shes got a throat infection to, by the sound of her voice:ohmy:

Think jimmy Fraser got one, if my memory serves me well

Social source share

Ive actually got it on a thwee twack major minor 45.It's got a bit of fweekbeet guitar in it.

Social source share

Not so much a lisp ive always thought likely a gap between his front teeth,BEWARE BEWARE on MIDAS when the break comes in the middle listen good you may just here it(might try slowing the record down to make it more easy to pick out)

Social source share

Z.Z. Hill had a lisp which could be detected both when he sang and when he spoke.

I thought it had a nice sound.

I see these things as interesting characteristics, not afflications.

Social source share