Sweet Deep & Group Ballad Cd Swap

• Replies 185
  • Views 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Blimey guys, I'm still hacking getting it down from about 4 CD's, let alone going through the burning and sending process. Think I'll do the easy part today and buy the stamps. Look forward to receiving them.

don't stress yourself out John just send us all 4 CDs :boxing:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Hi all, just to let you know that all CDs have been mailed today (Mon).

If in the unlikely event you don't receive yours for whatever reason, let me know.

Best,

Dave :rolleyes:

Social source share

All copied now, will start sending them out tomorrow, got Mike's, some great stuff on there, the incredible Roy Lee Johnson (1st track) setting the standard, will catch up with you Lofty at Just Soul.

Kev

Thanks Kev - looking forward to seeing you at Just Soul (and getting your CD of course!!)

Social source share

Got Mike's CD over the weekend, You've set a top standard Mike :thumbsup:

On first play, John Thomas, Lovelites (like anything involving Patti Hamilton!) Norma Jenkins, Skullsnaps, and Lew Kirton (only one I knew!) stood out. But the one that got to me the most is that "I Miss My Baby" track! anymore info on this one Mike?

and cheers mate for starting the ball rolling:thumbsup:

got mine posted today, hope everybody get's em ok!

was gonna give Sean's and Jocko's to 'em when I meet them at EMS but thort I'd best post 'em.... being forgetful and all that!

steve

Edited by Soul-Integrity
Social source share

Cheers Steve,i will suss it out soon.

The Track from Mikes cd you like is by U.S. "I miss my baby" from memory its Funckadelic under a different guise.

i have it somewhere.

ATB Chris.

It's not funkadelic (although I think the members were absorbed into funkadelic afterwards). There is some information in the liners of the recent ace-kent release of their whole unreleased LP.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

It's not funkadelic (although I think the members were absorbed into funkadelic afterwards). There is some information in the liners of the recent ace-kent release of their whole unreleased LP.

funkadelic.jpg

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Thanx for the info on "I Miss My Baby" track lads...so it's a kinda "Parliafunkadelicment thang"

(acording to the label Dave! ):lol:

steve

Soon to be played out in the Parliafunkadelicment room.

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Got Mike's CD over the weekend, You've set a top standard Mike :hatsoff2:

On first play, John Thomas, Lovelites (like anything involving Patti Hamilton!) Norma Jenkins, Skullsnaps, and Lew Kirton (only one I knew!) stood out. But the one that got to me the most is that "I Miss My Baby" track! anymore info on this one Mike?

and cheers mate for starting the ball rolling:thumbsup:

got mine posted today, hope everybody get's em ok!

was gonna give Sean's and Jocko's to 'em when I meet them at EMS but thort I'd best post 'em.... being forgetful and all that!

steve

U.S. stands for 'United Soul' it was a young line up consisting of Garry Shider-lead vocals; rhythm guitar, Cordell Mosson-bass vocals; background vocals ,Harvey McGhee-Drums, Peggie Turner, Larry Mosson, Ben Edwards-lead vocals - Shider and Mosson later joining the other nut jobs in Parliament/Funkadelic:)

Check out wikipedia => https://en.wikipedia....with_Funkadelic

If you can't get the 45 its on those Soulful Thangs compilations

Mike

Social source share

U.S. stands for 'United Soul' it was a young line up consisting of Garry Shider-lead vocals; rhythm guitar, Cordell Mosson-bass vocals; background vocals ,Harvey McGhee-Drums, Peggie Turner, Larry Mosson, Ben Edwards-lead vocals - Shider and Mosson later joining the other nut jobs in Parliament/Funkadelic:)

Mike

Thanx Mike, appreciated mate, am on a "ratch" :hatsoff2:

steve

Social source share

Mike

Thanks for clearing this up. Better to buy the ace kent cd than the soulful thangs bootleg, plus you get more "us" music. Also, the track did come out on the best of funkadelic lp with the goat's head on it.

Social source share

Thanks for clearing this up. Better to buy the ace kent cd than the soulful thangs bootleg, plus you get more "us" music. Also, the track did come out on the best of funkadelic lp with the goat's head on it.

Bob, is the 45 hard to turn up?, also is the flip in the same vein?

appreciate ya info, as always mate

steve

Social source share

Bob, is the 45 hard to turn up?, also is the flip in the same vein?

appreciate ya info, as always mate

steve

I have a double to sell or trade if you want it. I actually paid $150 for my copy but that was too much I think. I can dig out my double if you want, I wouldn't want that much, I would have to find it.

Social source share

Busy with work - but recieved Mikes / Dave Turners / Alans and Steves thru this morning. I'm all picked and ready to burn over the next couple of nights and mailed out end of this week. Haven't even had a chance to listen to any yet but all look blinding! Thanks to everyone so far!

Social source share

Got Dave's, Steve's and Kitch today - lot's and lot's of stuff I don't know - looking forward to playing them. It's also great when you get one two that are personal favourites - like Cissy and Linda on Steves :o) you know you are doing something right!

Looks like a good swap this one :lol:

Mike

Social source share

F**k me, I finished choosing tracks last night, another twofer, one last century, one this century (probably stretching the definition of deep on that one but know enough on the list like a bit of modern modern so thought would try some modern deep) thinking I am going to be one of the first this time for a change and from what it looks like everyone has almost done their's, love a duck, dont you lot have a life! :lol::thumbup:

Its building up to be a special one I think from you lot, competition is stiff, rather thans my normal spending weeks deciding listing went straight for stuff I have been listening to recently and loving, so hopefully it works,.

I was going to bring them down to EMS do/Just Soul since majority seem to be on either of these gigs but realised that will give you lots of tight Scotchman opportunities so will try and post before end of week.

Social source share

All recorded but for some reason wont burn on to cd,bear with me.

Does anyone know what error4280 means??

Chris.

Yes I had that a couple of times too..The last of mine in the post today. (apart from yours Cliff as I will present you with yours before the curry house on Sat).

My record players seems a liitle over sensative and picks up every crackle, but the crackle always adds something I think.

Hope you all enjoy.:lol:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Yes I had that a couple of times too..The last of mine in the post today. (apart from yours Cliff as I will present you with yours before the curry house on Sat).

My record players seems a liitle over sensative and picks up every crackle, but the crackle always adds something I think.

Hope you all enjoy.:lol:

Pleased to hear that as there's plenty of crackles, pops & farts on some of the tracks I've done.

Now received Mike's, Steve's and Alan's. Thanks guys, cracking stuff. Keeping this up I think we're all going to have a good mix of older and more modern deep. I'm mainly into the older so its refreshing to hear a more modern slant.

So many new (to me) tracks to absorb. Often find that a couple of tracks will really "hit me" straight away and then next week, or after, another track I've probably listened to half-a-dozen times will "bring up the hairs".

Best place for me is being alone in the car without chattering wife, phone ringing or barking dog. Now gotta work out a 3hr round trip or I'll probably just sit in the car on the drive for 3 hours :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Hope you all enjoy.thumbsup.gif

I assume you are using Windows Media Player, it used to do that all the time to me, ruining lots of CD's. switched to I-Tunes with Mr Challoners help and its been perfect ever since,

Social source share

Guest Darks

Done, just need to burn them, but as I am of a nervous disposition I won't be opening anyone else s until I get them sent out, fear of duplication and all that.

Some sweet, plenty of deep, a big beat ballad and one that now sounds too happy for my liking.

Should be out by the weekend.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Hi All, all recorded, burnt, packaged and ready for the eddie tomorrow so you should have them on Friday / Saturday. Except Sam of course, Hi Sam!, as she'll have to wait a while longer. I think Alan is making up Speck&The G.H. Outlaw Gang and the Twenty Dollar Friendship! They sound like a C/U titles dreamt up by Cliff and Val after too many sherbets. Apologies to Eddie if there are too many repeats, Cheers, Ady

Social source share

Received CD's today from Kitch, Dave Turner (Arkwright) and Steve Edgar.

Phew!

I am truely in exulted company looking at the listings.

Will give them all a blast on a six hour trip on Friday along with the one from Mike Lofthouse for which I've managed only to play a few tracks so far.

Mine are now ready to burn and with a bit of luck will be ready to send out at the weekend or early next week - family, football and work commitments keep getting in the way!

Social source share

Hi All, all recorded, burnt, packaged and ready for the eddie tomorrow so you should have them on Friday / Saturday. Except Sam of course, Hi Sam!, as she'll have to wait a while longer. I think Alan is making up Speck&The G.H. Outlaw Gang and the Twenty Dollar Friendship! They sound like a C/U titles dreamt up by Cliff and Val after too many sherbets. Apologies to Eddie if there are too many repeats, Cheers, Ady

twenty dollar friendship is from detroit, speck and the outlaw gang is from louisana

Social source share

Just spent a very pleasant couple of hours flicking through the cd's from Steve, Kitch and Dave T.......WOW!

What a tremendous selection of tunes, too many to list.

this swap is going to be EPIC!!!!!!

Humbled to be a part of it.

gary

Social source share

Hi Ady,

Unfortunately my imagination is'nt that good and it would take an awful lot of sherbert to dream those names up!

Hope you all enjoy.

Social source share

sneaked on a couple of mid to uptempo tracks in my selection.

only managed to work through Mikes so far as it arrived first great selection. Plenty of tracks I didn't previously know.

somewhere in the middle was a cracking female track with piano backing. Lightened the mood well after a heavy blues / guitar influenced portion.

Social source share

Guest BIG H

Thats me just about there discs burned, track listings printed will get posted by end of the week thumbsup.gif

Haven't even open the 4 ive got so far, too scared incase theres any of my tracks on them and my OCD will kick in and i'll have to start again laugh.gif

As Gary has said i'm humbled to be a part of this too

Harry

Social source share

Thats me just about there discs burned, track listings printed will get posted by end of the week thumbsup.gif

Haven't even open the 4 ive got so far, too scared incase theres any of my tracks on them and my OCD will kick in and i'll have to start again laugh.gif

As Gary has said i'm humbled to be a part of this too

Harry

No need to feel humbled here Harry mate, all these guys are regular posters and are hungry for the tracks that are going to blow them away, no politics, no bullshit, its just gotta be soulful, thats the only thing thats compulsory, I have received 6, and this is no throw away statement, most of the stuff is so good, It,ll bring you to tears. Great credit to you Rich, a brilliant idea, I love all things soulful, but this is the real deal.

Kev

Social source share

No need to feel humbled here Harry mate, all these guys are regular posters and are hungry for the tracks that are going to blow them away, no politics, no bullshit, its just gotta be soulful, thats the only thing thats compulsory, I have received 6, and this is no throw away statement, most of the stuff is so good, It,ll bring you to tears. Great credit to you Rich, a brilliant idea, I love all things soulful, but this is the real deal.

Kev

Got your's and John Lloyd - both look very nice indeed - amazingly you both included the same Epsilons track !! great stuff! Mike

Social source share

Right. All tracks recorded - few last minute panics, shall I shan't I include this one??? Will be burned over the weekend and out Monday/Tuesday.

Have to say there's been a fantastic selection from everyone. Wants list has just grown stupdily. The sheer wealth of tracks out there is just outstanding. I'm pretty bowled over by the quality. Massive thumbs up to everyone!

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Have'nt had chance to listen to any yet as my car only has an ipod connector so will try and get them uploaded at the weekend, but the one's so far look very good so look forward to listening between appointments.

Jeez, only 4 months since I've had a car with a CD player.

I've got hundreds of C90 cassettes :lol:

Social source share

Have'nt had chance to listen to any yet as my car only has an ipod connector so will try and get them uploaded at the weekend, but the one's so far look very good so look forward to listening between appointments.

that chain of fools is less crackly than the copy you will be getting back on my CD so you won't need to upload my copy.

so far thats the only track i've received on a CD that was already included on mine.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert