Tribe On Abc

Back in the distant past, I read a review about a tune by the group Tribe on ABC

The track in question is called "Real and really for real" on the LP "Eat tribe"

I made a note of this at the time but can't now remember where I read it or who reviewed it.

Does anyone know anything about this track?

Cheersthumbsup.gif

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest son of stan

Their well known number is one called, "Koke". Crazy record. Fantastic. Big record on the early 70s pre-disco scene in New York. Dee Irwin was involved. I didn't know they'd ever done anything else but will keep an eye out for this LP now. Thanks.

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

I've just done a quick search and found that track is actually on an album called "Tribal Bumpin" from 1975

https://vancouver.virginradio.ca/music/artists/216246/the-tribe

Track List:

1. The Good Guys from the Bad
  2. Love Is a Mystery
  3. Tribal Bumpin'
  4. Montezuma's Revenge
  5. Who Am I
  6. Hung up, Strung Out, Nose Wide Open
  7. Solid
  8. We've Got Work to Do
  9. Real and Really for Real
  10. Ebony Lady
  11. Give Me One More Day
There does appear to be an LP called "Eat tribe" but I haven't found a track list for it yet - maybe it's on both albums?

Anyway, I still would like to know if anyone actually knows of this track?

Social source share

Interesting band. I've still got the 2 UK Probe releases "Koke" and "Tribe" but I can't find the track in question. More info here:-

https://www.discogs.com/artist/Tribe

Ian D biggrin.gif

Glad you mentioned the track "Tribe" Ian, I knew I had something by this group but couldnt for the life of me recall what it was. I've got it on US can't remember label but sure it's yellow & think it may be just 3 letters rather than an actual word ?

Davehatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Thanks for that Mikethumbsup.gif

I have a couple of 45s by them since sometime between the late 70's to mid 80's.

But this one I only heard recently - even though I'd made a note of it some years back.

Anyway, I wouldn't say it's the best thing I'd ever heard or anything, but it's not bad either.

But the other reason for asking was that I 'found' this the other week:

post-5094-12769859081447_thumb.jpg

Note the slight mis-spelling in the title - I don't have a clue as to what country it's from, it's just as the scan, black & white, no colour in the logo as it would be if it were a UK release, for example.

Anyone ever seen this style label beore to give me an idea where it's from, South Africa maybe?

It doesn't appear to be on any US or UK 45 as far as I can tell either...

Social source share

I have a couple of 45s by them since sometime between the late 70's to mid 80's.

But this one I only heard recently - even though I'd made a note of it some years back.

Anyway, I wouldn't say it's the best thing I'd ever heard or anything, but it's not bad either.

Note the slight mis-spelling in the title - I don't have a clue as to what country it's from, it's just as the scan, black & white, no colour in the logo as it would be if it were a UK release, for example.

Anyone ever seen this style label beore to give me an idea where it's from, South Africa maybe?

Mmm. I wonder if the E. Foster on the songwriting credit is Eddie Foster?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Mmm. I wonder if the E. Foster on the songwriting credit is Eddie Foster?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Err, not unless he changed his name - See post #7...

Earl J. Foster Jr. (Keyboards & Vocals),

:hatsoff2:

I must admit, when I spotted it on the label credits, I did wonder about it myself... for a minute or two!

Social source share

Troop/John:

John thanks for the nod on this one, I dont come on here very often, yes it was me that reviewed it, some considerable time ago now, it was a tune I carted around the country and played many times, it always got a very good response,I cant remember which magazine it was either, could be anyone that was around 10/15 yrs ago.

Not much help I know.

cheers

Gouch

Social source share

Possibly Greek as their Koke 45 was issued in Greece

Cheers

Pat

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert