Fraser Dunn's Soulful Allsorts - Saturday 2 - 4 Pm

Guest Zane10

Guest Zane10

Ably assisted by his regular 'co-pilot' Felonious Munk, Fraser Dunn hosts his wonderful Soulful Allsorts show on Saturday afternoons between 2pm and 4pm.

The show has an across the board soul music policy - modern soul, a bit of classic northern, a regular nod to Motown, ballads and mid-tempo and even the occasional bits of jazz and doo-wop. The show is also peppered with new releases.

From feedback, it seems that most people come across Fraser's show as a result of looking for a record and it featuring in his playlist - that's how I came across it anyway. I thought why not go straight to the source?

Soulful Allsorts has its own website https://www.subcity.o...soulfulallsorts which features the playlists and the Listen Again feature to allow you to listen to over 30 of the past shows. In addition, I normally post a download link, which I'll update on here weekly.

The show also features regular guest DJs - in the past these have featured the likes of Keith Money, Dave Box, Kenny Burrell, John McDonald, Paul Thrower and some bloke called Zane Hunter.

This week (without an ounce of nepotism as she is my wife), there was a wonderful guest in the form of the lovely Fiona Aikman, who (in my opinion) played a blinder!

The link for this week's show is https://www.subcity.o...lallsorts/a7347

Fiona's playlist (interspersed by a few from Fraser) was:

Soulful Allsorts 12June 2010

Bobby Wilson - Here Is Where The Love Is (Chain)

Gladys Knight And The Pips - It Takes A Whole Load Of Man (Motown)

Leon Ware - Girl Girl Girl (Paramount)

Minnie Riperton - Baby, This Love I Have (Epic)

The Temprees - Your Love Is All I Need (We Produce)

Lonnie Hewitt - Is It Me (Wee)

William Bell - Tribute To A King (Atlantic)

ZZ Hill - Choking Kind (Manchild)

Johnnie Taylor - What About My Love (Beverly Glenn)

Charles Drain - Is This Really Love (RCA)

Denise Kelly & Fame - I'd Like To Get Into You (20th Century)

Shirley Brown - Passion (Stax)

Aretha Franklin - Sparkle (Atlantic)

O.C. Smith - I Just Couldn't Help Myself (Caribou)

5 Wagers - Come And Ask Me (Tiara)

Kent Drake - A Lonesome Love Song (SMI)

Al Wilson - Be Concerned (Playboy)

OV Wright - That's The Way I Feel About Ya (Hi)

Lenny Williams - Ooh Child (MCA)

Charles Brinkley - I'll Be What You Want Me To Be (Music Machine)

Doug Gibbs - I'll Always Have You There (Oak)

Major Harris - Love Won't Let Me Wait (Atlantic)

Walter Jackson - Gotta Find Me An Angel (Chi-Sound)

The link to download this week's show is:

https://SoulfulAllsor...n10.notlong.com

============================================================================================

Hopefully, this show will receive the support it rightly deserves. Anybody that knows Fraser will know that he's a proper old-fashioned soul man!

Please post feedback for Fraser and his guests on here or by e-mailing the studio direct when they're on (mailto: studio@subcity.org).

As it happens, next week's show will be the last before their summer recess, returning in August/September so you'll have plenty of time to catch up on the past shows.

In the meantime, if anybody wants download links for previous shows, please ask.

All the best,

Zane

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Zane10

Nice one Zane!thumbsup.gif

I've just (finally) gotten around to listening you and Fraser on Soul People, so this will make a welcome 'second installment'.yes.gif

Cheers John - nice words, hope you enjoyed the show.

Sadly, the station started it's summer break early so Fraser and Frank didn't get to present another show yesterday.

They will however be back in September......

You can still check their site with all the listen again facilities and playlists at https://www.subcity.o...soulfulallsorts

All the best,

Zane

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert