"shades Of Soul"

Guest son of stan

Guest son of stan

Hi,

(Prompted by the other thread on magazines)... Probably my favourite publication of all time, of any kind was Derek Pearson's peerless, "Shades of Soul". A real labour of love, put together with such warmth, intelligence, humour and in the spirit of sharing knowledge.

Thing is, it used to come out at such irregular intervals. I finally lost track of it with Issue 29 (October 2000) so I assume that it is long defunct? Was that the last one?

It was so exciting in those pre-internet days, looking forward to the next one to arrive, unexpectedly... ("if a big red tick appears in this box your subs have run out please renew them")

Does anyone want to share any thoughts / reflections / memories?

(sorry for typos in title-can't work out how to edit them..)

smile.gif

Edited by son of stan
Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi,

(Prompted by the other thread on magazines)... Probably my favourite publication of all time, of any kind was Derek Pearson's peerless, "Shades of Soul". A real labour of love, put together with such warmth, intelligence, humour and in the spirit of sharing knowledge.

Thing is, it used to come out at such irregular intervals. I finally lost track of it with Issue 29 (October 2000) so I assume that it is long defunct? Was that the last one?

It was so exciting in those pre-internet days, looking forward to the next one to arrive, unexpectedly... ("if a big red tick appears in this box your subs have run out please renew them")

smile.gif

I think Derek did at least one issue since I lived in my current apartment, and I moved here in 2004.

Social source share

Indeed..

Was aasking Derek last week about the next issue :thumbup: ..

Come on DP.... We all loved Shades of Soul..... A lot :hatsoff2:

As said above... Before the internet this kind of mag was just heaven and the wait for a next issue was like waiting for Santa as a child...

Not sure where my copies are, maybe lost in moving or something, any back copies for sale out there ???

Social source share

Guest Perception

Hi,

:smile:

I bought it from the first issue, after Derek told me he was putting it out. Snapped up every issue after that. Great read that i looked forward to every few months!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert