Which Is The Best Northern Soul Magazine?

Hi folks and folkesses.

I am looking at advertising my events in a national magazine.

I would like your opinion on which would be the best to go for?

keeping in mind circulation, popularity and advertising costs.

I know a few years ago it was an easy choice between 'Blues and Soul' and 'Black Echoes'

but both of these have disappeared.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thank you

Steve XX

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dark Horse

CURRENTLY FOR ME THERE ARE TWO, BOTH EXCELLENT IN THERE OWN RIGHT,SOUL UP NORTH & SOUL RENNAISANCE.BOTH PACKED FULL OF INFORMATION.thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Thanks you but just followed that link and registered, added my event and it's not showing on the calender? Strange, also when you press the 'contact' radio button, nothing happens so can't get in touch. Looks like the only way is to get a physical mag and see if there are any contact details in there.

Thanks for that and for you help anyway

Steve

Social source share

Guest Dark Horse

dark Horse, Do you have any contact info for the 'SOUL RENNAISANCE' mag please? I have already got an ad in Soul up North' BTW.

Thanks matey.

Steve

YES I HAVE STEVE THE GUY WHO RUNS IT IS MARTYN BRADLEY FROM CANNOCK,STAFFORD OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD AM SURE HE IS ON HERE AS SOUL RENAISSANCE SO YOU COULD PM HIM FOR DETAILS.thumbsup.gif IF NOT HAVE THE ADDRESS AT HOME HIGHLY RECOMMENDED MAG.
Social source share

YES I HAVE STEVE THE GUY WHO RUNS IT IS MARTYN BRADLEY FROM CANNOCK,STAFFORD OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD AM SURE HE IS ON HERE AS SOUL RENAISSANCE SO YOU COULD PM HIM FOR DETAILS.thumbsup.gif IF NOT HAVE THE ADDRESS AT HOME HIGHLY RECOMMENDED MAG.

Thank you very much for that I will see if I can find him on here. Also can you let me know what area/s of the UK the mag gets out to, is it concentrated on one area?

Thanks for your help again

Steve

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

I tend to avoid glossy soul rags. I would say 'Soul Up North's' cut 'n' paste job is one of the best I have come across; it's informative , wide ranging and certainly a labour of love.

Edited by Richard Bergman
Social source share

Martyns computer is in strike in the moment...so maybe it`s better to contact him via Sharon (munchkinette in Soul Source).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert