Bobby Bowens & Shades Of Magic - Gonna Love Somebody

Just reading Sam's column in this month's Manifesto and he reviews Bobby Bowens & Shades Of Magic ft Ron Engram "Gonna Love Somebody" on Galactic Star and it rang a bell so I checked the shelves and I have a UK pressed single-sided white label pressing of this. There's no info on the label or the deadwax.

Does anyone know the story on this. Was is slated for UK release and then never issued?

Ian D :D

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just reading Sam's column in this month's Manifesto and he reviews Bobby Bowens & Shades Of Magic ft Ron Engram "Gonna Love Somebody" on Galactic Star and it rang a bell so I checked the shelves and I have a UK pressed single-sided white label pressing of this. There's no info on the label or the deadwax.

Does anyone know the story on this. Was is slated for UK release and then never issued?

Came out on a Move compilation, their was an album by him which also came out on Move.

Chris.

Social source share

Came out on a Move compilation, their was an album by him which also came out on Move.

Chris.

Yep, I figured it could be Move but there's zero info on the record and I can't find it in any listings so it looks like a one-sided test-pressing which never made it any further.......

Social source share

Yep, I figured it could be Move but there's zero info on the record and I can't find it in any listings so it looks like a one-sided test-pressing which never made it any further.......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Hi Ian, i was on Moves mailing list too and also have a white 7" test press, pretty sure it was from them. Rick

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

I have the LP on Galactic Star (bronx, NY) from 1984 'Gotta Keep Reachin' For The Top' - Bobby Bowens & Shades Of Magic featuring: Ron Engram & Angel Briscoe.

1) Let's Stop The Clock

2) Under Cover Lover

3) Gotta Keep Reachin' For The Top

4) Let's Stop The Clock inst

5) You Gotta Keep Reachin' inst

6) Your Love Is A Tower Of Power

7) Gonna Love Somebody

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!