Freddie Scott - I'll Be Gone

I thought twice about posting this in case it gets the wrong interpretation..

But I thought no, this is a genuine enquiry so I'll ask anyway...

The question is; has something occured to drive up the Price of Freddie Scott - I'll Be Gone on Shout.

The latest ebay sale achieved £140..

The reluctance to ask is because it was a sale by a good fellow member who sold it, who has an outstanding record in getting top dollar for a tune (I would even recommend him for an Entreprenuer of The Year award ;-)

So is it another winner for the seller or does my spare copy have a cat in the proverbials chance of reaching anywhere near that amount?

Over to you for your opinion..

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What a brilliant record this is, brill up-tempo dancer that always gets people up dancing :lol:.

But £140 is simply laughable, no disrespect to Seb as he's a good honest seller hatsoff2.gif but people willing to pay that price need a serious dose of reality :lol:. I mean it doesn't take much effort to find out Moerer has 57 mint copies in stock for $35 each. If you're dumb enough to bid that high without doing even a basic bit of research then IMO you deserve everything you get.

Social source share

I thought twice about posting this in case it gets the wrong interpretation..

But I thought no, this is a genuine enquiry so I'll ask anyway...

The question is; has something occured to drive up the Price of Freddie Scott - I'll Be Gone on Shout.

The latest ebay sale achieved £140..

The reluctance to ask is because it was a sale by a good fellow member who sold it, who has an outstanding record in getting top dollar for a tune (I would even recommend him for an Entreprenuer of The Year award ;-)

So is it another winner for the seller or does my spare copy have a cat in the proverbials chance of reaching anywhere near that amount?

Over to you for your opinion..

Glad you mentioned this!

I was also watching this item. Fancied buying it if it was dirt cheap. Thought it was crazy when bids went to $32 when AT THE SAME TIME you could Buy-it-now for $30 from CM. No criticism of the seller from me either. $200 plus :ohmy: . People are free to spend their money how they like I suppose.

Kev Bod.

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

It's a tune, always seem to miss out on it. anyone got one for a fair price, the moneys waiting..........

Social source share

It's a tune, always seem to miss out on it. anyone got one for a fair price, the moneys waiting..........

You're right there gentlemen, absolute stormer of a tune and a current favourite of mine at least..

Relentless dancer with a storming vocal that deserves attention. But it should be yours Ollie for £25 - £30 if you stick up a want..

Freddie Scott has done some great stuff that can still be had, usually, for a good price - ''Am I Groovin' You'' is another to check out.

So some demand is more than reasonable for a tune like this but the price achieved in this case is down to one thing - Seb has done it again and hats off to him :rolleyes:

ATB

Greg.

Social source share

That 45 sure achieved an unexpectedly high price.

The second-highest bid was $201.77.

The third highest bid was $31.99.

If the top bidder hadn't come in with a gigantic bid it would've sold for $32.50.

So it hasn't gone up in price, I was just lucky this time (and the payment has been recieved).

The two highest bidders are both regular customers of mine who usually don't mind paying over-the-top to get the records they want.

Social source share

Guest Heartnsoul

You're right there gentlemen, absolute stormer of a tune and a current favourite of mine at least..

Relentless dancer with a storming vocal that deserves attention. But it should be yours Ollie for £25 - £30 if you stick up a want..

Freddie Scott has done some great stuff that can still be had, usually, for a good price - ''Am I Groovin' You'' is another to check out.

So some demand is more than reasonable for a tune like this but the price achieved in this case is down to one thing - Seb has done it again and hats off to him hatsoff2.gif

ATB

Greg.

Top tune! Bought a near mint copy off ebay less than 3 weeks ago for $18.50. Desoite the number of copies knocking around, it's one to get now, as we all know from past experience that supplies of apparently common records eventually dry up and consequently the price goes up
Social source share

That 45 sure achieved an unexpectedly high price.

The second-highest bid was $201.77.

The third highest bid was $31.99.

If the top bidder hadn't come in with a gigantic bid it would've sold for $32.50.

So it hasn't gone up in price, I was just lucky this time (and the payment has been recieved).

The two highest bidders are both regular customers of mine who usually don't mind paying over-the-top to get the records they want.

Seb

That's what I mean when I say I take my hat off to you!

You must be doing something right to get that kind of customer..

I absolutely love the tune so will be very happy to see it getting some deserved attention..

ATB

Greg. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

Freddie has made some superb records, my favorite being " You got what I need" on shout. sampled to death, but still amazing.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert