Guest gordon russell

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

but some promoters seem hell bent on ruining the nighter scene with no thought put into dates they choose!

........And unfortunately until there is some sensible thinking applied, by the thoughtless promoter......the "scene" and its followers will be the eventual losers!

Social source share

The same question posed so many times....

Some all niter promoters will take little or no notice of any established soul events and club some club promoters taking little or notice of clashes with established niters...

And some niter promotions clashing with each other as rival promotions with their own agenda...

Many things to sort out and think about but if promoters wish to put on events thats clash then who is be the judge of that???? what can be done????

People power rules... Its up to punters to decide as to what event they attend and what venues/ promoters they wish to avoid for any reasons....

There is fear/ ego/ greed/ selfishness/ hate/ spite/ Laziness and much more from some that promote, the problem with clashing will never be sorted if promoters don't sort things out among themself... Not easy at all..

Many moons ago you had far less djs/ promoters and many thousand of punters... Now its hundreds of djs with an ever diminishing pot of punters...

Less crowd, more events, somethings got to give, not enough punters to go round... Some will continue and others will go under, just what life is like... Thats not gonna change but in the meantime i would like to see people having respect for others... A nice thought but seen as a weakness by some rival promoters :ohmy:

Much more to come on this little chesnut :yes:

Peace and love, its Monday after a very very long weekend.... :D

Social source share

Many moons ago you had far less djs/ promoters and many thousand of punters... Now its hundreds of djs with an ever diminishing pot of punters...

Less crowd, more events, somethings got to give, not enough punters to go round... Some will continue and others will go under, just what life is like... Thats not gonna change but in the meantime i would like to see people having respect for others... A nice thought but seen as a weakness by some rival promoters :ohmy:

it will be the scene that eventually gives. If people keep going out to half full venues then they will eventually find something else to do. Take 50 or 60 from a major all-nighter and it shows, add those missing to those stood outside then the place can look empty. With a hardcore of around 300 all-nighter goers what is the point in splitting the crowd?

As you say some promoters show no respect whatsoever!! They care little for anything other than what they do.

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

it will be the scene that eventually gives. If people keep going out to half full venues then they will eventually find something else to do. Take 50 or 60 from a major all-nighter and it shows, add those missing to those stood outside then the place can look empty. With a hardcore of around 300 all-nighter goers what is the point in splitting the crowd?

As you say some promoters show no respect whatsoever!! They care little for anything other than what they do.

Way too pessimistic!!

If I had a shilling for everytime I went to a half-empty club, including heydays, I'd have enough for a Saga holiday by now.

Stevie has it right. It will find a level.

The only thing that will bring a halt is time. I don't go anymore, not cos it's rubbish with low attendance or poor playlists. Those are just illusory based on prejudices and preconceptions. Just feel too old now and there are no doubt others in the same boat.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

Good points Chalky... Never an easy answer and i have worked in promotions for most of my adult life, a lot it outside the rare soul scene but same things apply...

You have rival promtions that come along and take you on, should we just say that the established promoters is in the right an the upstart should have some respect.. What if the upstart is offering a better product to the majority ???? do you stick with the established event through moral issues or just go to the event that you think you will like the most, with little thought to who was there first...

I have had rival promotions come and go over all these years, if you and the rivals can have pow wow and try and get on, avoid clashing and hope that both events can be a winner, its a good for all.... Whe you have rivals that are selfish/ greedy/ full of ego bullshit etc etc etc, then there is gonna be a problem.. a big problem.....

Let bullshit be gone?? nice thought but never an option for some folk who are out to make their own promotion be winner at all cost sometimes..

Social source share

You have rival promtions that come along and take you on, should we just say that the established promoters is in the right an the upstart should have some respect.. What if the upstart is offering a better product to the majority ???? do you stick with the established event through moral issues or just go to the event that you think you will like the most, with little thought to who was there first...

people will make a choice, they will go where there mates go, go to the one more local maybe, but its not always the scene that wins at the end of the day.

Social source share

Not being an all nighter person myself in this present day, it is difficult to comment on this one. The initial question was " why are we awash with all nighters". I think the reply should be "do we really need them"!. I have read many posts and lookbacks on soulsource regarding all nighter events and it seems the balance of the number of established nighter events available,combined with the quality of the dj,s and music, is just about right for those all nighter regulars. Even taking into account regional considerations there seems to be a good spread across the country with many people not having too far to travel.

As chalky points out more events coming on line without due thought to what is already in place will only dilute what is already a somewhat diminishing audience.

The soul nite offering is already suffering as a result of too many events on same nights as established events and quite often within 10 miles of each other!. Much of this i feel is down to "record/viynl enthusiasts" who feel they can offer something better and so become promoters and dj,s quite often to the detriment of all concerned. This scenario becomes even more apparent as many of the established soul nites become more compalcent and staid in there offering forcing punters and wannabe dj,s to pastures new.

Soulsource has one of the more comprehensive events calendars available for established and wannabe promoters to check if events clash but as Chalky points out some(not all) have little respect for whats already on the calender and in truth could not care less!!!!

ROY

Social source share

people will make a choice, they will go where there mates go, go to the one more local maybe, but its not always the scene that wins at the end of the day.

True Chalky

There is plenty milage in this scene yet, i hope good sense and a bit of respect will help the niter scene and the whole scene too..

Get it while you can.... Long time gone.... :ohmy:

Social source share

You know you are lucky to have this problem, spare a thought for places like oz where there isn't a choice and we all try to get our slice of soul played under the one banner.

Surely people will go the where they are going to hear the type of soul they like, or the dj's they like.

Promoters will always have an agenda be it wanting the style of soul they like played or just simply wanting to run the show or worse still... just make some cash. At the end of the day it's the punters who decide where they want to be.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert