Allnighters

• Replies 111
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've just been to the New Century Hall all niter at the Radcliffe civic. What a bunch of tossers! I went 30 minutes before they opened so that I could put some flyers out without any hassle. Everybody does it and nobody usually is bothered. I went in and was stopped by a guy who was supposedly 'running it'. I asked whether he minded me putting some flyers out and he asked me why I wasn't paying to get in. I told him I couldn't as I was looking after my grandaughter ( I wasn't really....I just couldn't fucking stand 11 hours of disco,getting ripped off for 'over priced' drinks and having to pay a tenner+ for the privelige)

Anyhow, cos I wasn't a paying punter he went off a bit and told me I couldn't put my flyers out on the tables inside the dancehall and to put them on a table in the foyer. What a prick........I told him to shove it up his arse and walked out! Am I cutting off my nose to spite my face or was he being a stubborn, pompous (it's my do, I can do what I want) arsehole?....DISCUSS!

Whilst it is standard practise to let other promoters flyer each do they attend, the guy who challenged you had every right if you were just using his venue to advertise your event, there is a cost involved in promoting these events you know. You admit yourself that you lied to him about looking after your grandaughter and that you didn't want to suffer the all niighter, so what makes you think that the other people attending this venue would not feel the same about yours. Flyering other events on the scene is very important but I find your freeloading attitude quite offensive. If you do not intend to stay and pay at a gig, may I suggest that you have a word with the promoters and give them free passes to your event so that they have a chance to promote their night when they visit your venue. :rolleyes: Edited by K.I.D.
Social source share

Can't believe such a ridiculous post has generated so many replies.

The guy is obviously a WIND UP - his comments about not wanting to spend 11 hours listening to disco say it all. What were his flyers for ffs - a heavy metal night, window cleaning services?

ANd he can't even be bothered to reply. Time waster. Recommend ignore.

Social source share

I was refused entry into the RnB room and when I asked why, I was told that I wasn't wearing a cardigan!

Yes you want the RnB boys to bite :lol:

Lets hope they don't...

I think this topic is pretty well done.... Good opener from Tommy... And a few replies with not many taking his side.... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Apologies for not replying sooner chaps.....I just wondered how long it would take before you all started arguing and mis-directing abuse between yourselves. Didn't take long did it?

Anyhow let's clear a few things up. I run the 'handbag' night at Heywood Civic and NOT the Northern nite....so don't aim your abuse at Ste Andrew cos it's nothing to do with Ste and my apologies go to him if it's caused any hassle. Alas , that's the only apology, and if any of you 'balloons' were expecting one , you will be sadly mistaken.

Firstly, for those macho tosspots who've threatened violence in thier replies, the old saying ''the pen is mightier than the sword'' might suffice (would anyone with more than half a brain explain what that means to them please).

Secondly, in answer to some of your queries about 'why I wanted to flyer Radcliffe Civic if I wasn't paying to get in'. If any of you lot have ever promoted an event (which I doubt) maybe you would have considered that it was not the only venue I was going to put flyers out at that night? Why would I pay £10 to spend 2 minutes inside (silly aren't you?). Why did i flyer Radcliffe Civic? Well, it's within a 10 mile radius of my venue and there maybe some locals that want to listen to some 'popular' music for a change eh? Lots of venues I have flyered let you in before it opens....Neil Jones, Bury Town Hall, Terry Davies, Longfield Suite, yes and Kev Murphy, Lowton. So unless times have changed ...you're all getting a bit paranoid!

Statistically, there have been 4087 viewings of my post, with 111 replies...that equates to about 2.72%. Out of the 111 replies, there are about 25 people taking part and bantering (belly aching) with each other. This means that there is about 0.61% of the standard amount of 'Soul' people on this site discussing my post...........So why the fuck am I wasting my time trying to explain myself to you bunch of anorak 'stamp collectors' is beyond me. Goodbye and good riddance!

Social source share

Apologies for not replying sooner chaps.....I just wondered how long it would take before you all started arguing and mis-directing abuse between yourselves. Didn't take long did it?

Anyhow let's clear a few things up. I run the 'handbag' night at Heywood Civic and NOT the Northern nite....so don't aim your abuse at Ste Andrew cos it's nothing to do with Ste and my apologies go to him if it's caused any hassle. Alas , that's the only apology, and if any of you 'balloons' were expecting one , you will be sadly mistaken.

Firstly, for those macho tosspots who've threatened violence in thier replies, the old saying ''the pen is mightier than the sword'' might suffice (would anyone with more than half a brain explain what that means to them please).

Secondly, in answer to some of your queries about 'why I wanted to flyer Radcliffe Civic if I wasn't paying to get in'. If any of you lot have ever promoted an event (which I doubt) maybe you would have considered that it was not the only venue I was going to put flyers out at that night? Why would I pay £10 to spend 2 minutes inside (silly aren't you?). Why did i flyer Radcliffe Civic? Well, it's within a 10 mile radius of my venue and there maybe some locals that want to listen to some 'popular' music for a change eh? Lots of venues I have flyered let you in before it opens....Neil Jones, Bury Town Hall, Terry Davies, Longfield Suite, yes and Kev Murphy, Lowton. So unless times have changed ...you're all getting a bit paranoid!

Statistically, there have been 4087 viewings of my post, with 111 replies...that equates to about 2.72%. Out of the 111 replies, there are about 25 people taking part and bantering (belly aching) with each other. This means that there is about 0.61% of the standard amount of 'Soul' people on this site discussing my post...........So why the fuck am I wasting my time trying to explain myself to you bunch of anorak 'stamp collectors' is beyond me. Goodbye and good riddance!

Again its up to the promoters and they did offer to put them on a table with other flyers you have no right to get a strop on at them it is up to them end of,same as its up to the other promoters to do what they want if you dont like it its tough,get over it.............my mate collects stamps his he a record collector ?

Social source share