Allnighters

which night does he run Tony, I don't want to stink bomb and contaminate with fart spray the wrong promotion :ph34r:

He runs the "MOTOWN" night, which is usually the second or third Saturday of the month.

Please DO NOT confuse this with the soul night which is the FIRST FRIDAY every month.

Regards

Tony

Social source share

• Replies 111
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've just been to the New Century Hall all niter at the Radcliffe civic. What a bunch of tossers! I went 30 minutes before they opened so that I could put some flyers out without any hassle. Everybody does it and nobody usually is bothered. I went in and was stopped by a guy who was supposedly 'running it'. I asked whether he minded me putting some flyers out and he asked me why I wasn't paying to get in. I told him I couldn't as I was looking after my grandaughter ( I wasn't really....I just couldn't fucking stand 11 hours of disco,getting ripped off for 'over priced' drinks and having to pay a tenner+ for the privelige)

Anyhow, cos I wasn't a paying punter he went off a bit and told me I couldn't put my flyers out on the tables inside the dancehall and to put them on a table in the foyer. What a prick........I told him to shove it up his arse and walked out! Am I cutting off my nose to spite my face or was he being a stubborn, pompous (it's my do, I can do what I want) arsehole?....DISCUSS!

DISCO !!!! HANG ON A MINUTE MICK H WASN'T EVEN ON..... ANYWAY WE'LL B CALLING IN AT YOUR NEXT DATE TO "DISCUSS" HOW I'LL BE CUTTING YOUR NOSE OFF....

Social source share

Guest Marcelle

I've just been to the New Century Hall all niter at the Radcliffe civic. What a bunch of tossers! I went 30 minutes before they opened so that I could put some flyers out without any hassle. Everybody does it and nobody usually is bothered. I went in and was stopped by a guy who was supposedly 'running it'. I asked whether he minded me putting some flyers out and he asked me why I wasn't paying to get in. I told him I couldn't as I was looking after my grandaughter ( I wasn't really....I just couldn't fucking stand 11 hours of disco,getting ripped off for 'over priced' drinks and having to pay a tenner+ for the privelige)

Anyhow, cos I wasn't a paying punter he went off a bit and told me I couldn't put my flyers out on the tables inside the dancehall and to put them on a table in the foyer. What a prick........I told him to shove it up his arse and walked out! Am I cutting off my nose to spite my face or was he being a stubborn, pompous (it's my do, I can do what I want) arsehole?....DISCUSS!

We are so pleased that you have decided to post up as now we know who the rude disrespectful man was lastnight.

I was brought up & do believe that not only do manners cost nothing they will take you along way in life its such an old but very true saying "manners maketh the person" something that maybe you were not taught or believe.

FACT

You came into the venue you didnt bother to ask who was running it, or even bother to introduce yourself to Chris or I or in fact anyone else that was present in the Foyer at that time.

FACT

The venue staff, Chris and I are within our rights at stopping anyone from entering a venue that we have hired before or during opening times.

FACT

You are correct that you came pre it opening and I am sure you are well aware as a Promoter that actually "pre-opening up" is a very busy time for the Promoters & Venue Staff this is the time that is used to prepare the venue to ensure that everything is in place to ensure we open on time.

FACT

So though you say you came at this time to cause "us" no hassle is actually incorrect, if you had come into the venue when we were not in the middle of setting up and when we had opened then that would have caused us "no hassle"

FACT

You "with no name" asked Chris if you could put some flyers out

FACT

Chris said "yes are you not coming tonight" a simple but direct question

FACT

You responded "no I have a child tonight" you then walked towards the main hall and told Chris you would go and put them on the tables in the main hall, Chris said we have a table over there where we put flyers on (he pointed over to the relavant table in the foyer near the main entrance)

FACT

You responded "shove then up your arse" and walked out mumbling under your breath.

FACT

Chris Waterman, (who was present) Kev Murphy & Andy Dyson (who were on their way) are the Promoters there is no "suppose" about that. Oh and Marcelle Waterman (ME organises the Promoters LOL) was stood to your right & just behind Chris.

INCORRECT

Chris did not ask you why you were not paying to come into the venue,

Why would he ask you that when you had just told him you were not coming as you had "a child at home" ?

You choose to come to Radcliffe a Venue that you dislike due to the price of drinks, the addmission price of £10 where you would be entertained for 11hrs, in 3 different rooms each with its own style of music being played in.

Wow what more do you want for £10 ?

Oh yes you wanted us to HELP to promote your night by letting you put your flyers out ....

You entered our Venue not only lacking in the very basic manners of "Introducing" yourself you then when onto LIE to us & then followed this through by being rude and disrespectful because Chris asked you to put the flyers on the "Flyer Table"

Question

Have you been to Radcliffe since NCS & Partners have been promoting it ?

If you have attended and you did not like any of the music in those 3 rooms then as with all other punters who are usually very "vocal" when they dont like something, if not verbally to the Promoters then certaintly on here and other Forums as feedback is not only welcomed but we encourage it, as this is the best way for Promoters to "develope" their Nighter

(I dont recall you ever making any comment on Radcliffe prior to today but maybe I am wrong on that ?)

If you have not attended then you are in NO position to comment on what is played, due to the simple but very obvious FACT that you DO NOT KNOW what is being played in the 3 rooms over 11hrs and the comments you have made just make you look rather silly dont they ?

If you have not been then I suggest you come one night and experience some wonderful music being played over 11hrs in 3 rooms.

Summery

You have no manners, you show nothing but disrespect to a someone who was willing to assist you in promoting your venue, you inform us that you tell lies, you make belittling comments about what the DJs play though you have not had PRIVELEDGED of listenig too, and if that wasnt enough you choose to do it on a public forum and finally it really is very imature to call someone you DONT KNOW a TOSSER ....

The only advice I can give you is

1. Learn some manners

2. Learn how to show respect

3. Stop telling lies

4, Before making comment about anything do the research on it first (it does help you in not sounding so foolish)

5, Before going on to a public forum, ensure you can support everything you say.

6. Develop some maturity before you get much older.

Oh please feel free to discuss all of the above I for one so enjoy a good healthy discussion with mature, well informed & interesting people especialy when they show respect and manners to a fellow human being.

Apologies to all others for being a little "long winded" but I did want to ensure that I had covered everything in the simplest form.

Social source share

We are so pleased that you have decided to post up as now we know who the rude disrespectful man was lastnight.

I was brought up & do believe that not only do manners cost nothing they will take you along way in life its such an old but very true saying "manners maketh the person" something that maybe you were not taught or believe.

FACT

You came into the venue you didnt bother to ask who was running it, or even bother to introduce yourself to Chris or I or in fact anyone else that was present in the Foyer at that time.

FACT

The venue staff, Chris and I are within our rights at stopping anyone from entering a venue that we have hired before or during opening times.

FACT

You are correct that you came pre it opening and I am sure you are well aware as a Promoter that actually "pre-opening up" is a very busy time for the Promoters & Venue Staff this is the time that is used to prepare the venue to ensure that everything is in place to ensure we open on time.

FACT

So though you say you came at this time to cause "us" no hassle is actually incorrect, if you had come into the venue when we were not in the middle of setting up and when we had opened then that would have caused us "no hassle"

FACT

You "with no name" asked Chris if you could put some flyers out

FACT

Chris said "yes are you not coming tonight" a simple but direct question

FACT

You responded "no I have a child tonight" you then walked towards the main hall and told Chris you would go and put them on the tables in the main hall, Chris said we have a table over there where we put flyers on (he pointed over to the relavant table in the foyer near the main entrance)

FACT

You responded "shove then up your arse" and walked out mumbling under your breath.

FACT

Chris Waterman, (who was present) Kev Murphy & Andy Dyson (who were on their way) are the Promoters there is no "suppose" about that. Oh and Marcelle Waterman (ME organises the Promoters LOL) was stood to your right & just behind Chris.

INCORRECT

Chris did not ask you why you were not paying to come into the venue,

Why would he ask you that when you had just told him you were not coming as you had "a child at home" ?

You choose to come to Radcliffe a Venue that you dislike due to the price of drinks, the addmission price of £10 where you would be entertained for 11hrs, in 3 different rooms each with its own style of music being played in.

Wow what more do you want for £10 ?

Oh yes you wanted us to HELP to promote your night by letting you put your flyers out ....

You entered our Venue not only lacking in the very basic manners of "Introducing" yourself you then when onto LIE to us & then followed this through by being rude and disrespectful because Chris asked you to put the flyers on the "Flyer Table"

Question

Have you been to Radcliffe since NCS & Partners have been promoting it ?

If you have attended and you did not like any of the music in those 3 rooms then as with all other punters who are usually very "vocal" when they dont like something, if not verbally to the Promoters then certaintly on here and other Forums as feedback is not only welcomed but we encourage it, as this is the best way for Promoters to "develope" their Nighter

(I dont recall you ever making any comment on Radcliffe prior to today but maybe I am wrong on that ?)

If you have not attended then you are in NO position to comment on what is played, due to the simple but very obvious FACT that you DO NOT KNOW what is being played in the 3 rooms over 11hrs and the comments you have made just make you look rather silly dont they ?

If you have not been then I suggest you come one night and experience some wonderful music being played over 11hrs in 3 rooms.

Summery

You have no manners, you show nothing but disrespect to a someone who was willing to assist you in promoting your venue, you inform us that you tell lies, you make belittling comments about what the DJs play though you have not had PRIVELEDGED of listenig too, and if that wasnt enough you choose to do it on a public forum and finally it really is very imature to call someone you DONT KNOW a TOSSER ....

The only advice I can give you is

1. Learn some manners

2. Learn how to show respect

3. Stop telling lies

4, Before making comment about anything do the research on it first (it does help you in not sounding so foolish)

5, Before going on to a public forum, ensure you can support everything you say.

6. Develop some maturity before you get much older.

Oh please feel free to discuss all of the above I for one so enjoy a good healthy discussion with mature, well informed & interesting people especialy when they show respect and manners to a fellow human being.

Apologies to all others for being a little "long winded" but I did want to ensure that I had covered everything in the simplest form.

Well said :yes:

Social source share

Guest proudlove

Marcelle....................he is wrong,you are right.................end of.

A well organized,well attended,superb value nighter v a motown night...........................hmm,no contest methinks.

Steve.

Actually there is one thing.

I got pissed wet through walking from the car to the front door............................can we be met at the car by someone with a brolly?.............................no?.........................I thought not.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Chris should have told him to f**k off....end of. Does however raise a wider issue....time and time again (mainly from local soul nite wannabes) that these folk don,t want to attend nighters,they never attend any events on the wider soul scene (unless djing ect)...in short they are only interested in their own NIGHT. So if thats the case why oh why!!....do they put their flyers up and out at events they have no intention of EVER going to and BOOK djs who DO get out and about on the wider scene both as djs and soul fans. These folk can,t have it both ways....It,s time the wider scene promoters stopped people who never attend their venues putting up or flyering their gigs and it,s also time bigger named djs said NO to promoters who everyone knows will not and don,t want to attend someone elses venue....JUST AS A SOUL MUSIC FAN...ATB tezza

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

to be honest i think you are a liberty taking tosspot and should perhaps take a good look at yourself. you want to promote your night to someone elses paying customers then at least have the common decency to pay your way

Social source share

Guest aintgotit

FOOL. NO OTHER WORD FOR YOU!

Social source share

DISCO !!!! HANG ON A MINUTE MICK H WASN'T EVEN ON..... ANYWAY WE'LL B CALLING IN AT YOUR NEXT DATE TO "DISCUSS" HOW I'LL BE CUTTING YOUR NOSE OFF....

:thumbsup: Man after my own heart! :ohmy:

Marcelle....stop picking on him, he's no match for you! You'll get a name as a bully! :thumbsup:

See you both soon,

Dave and Bev

Social source share

Is this for real? :thumbsup:

You need to give your head a shake mate.

In fact the more I think about it, this has to be a wind up?

Edit: Have just read his other four posts. He certainly has got a problem :thumbsup:

Can anyone tell me where his night is please... so I can avoid it like the plague!

Thinking on the same lines there joan, imo flyers r a waste of time n money they just get scattered around the table to soak up the drink n half the time taken off the dancefloor mind u they do come in handy if u run out of loo paper for them golden spots i think they should ban flyers, if u do the rounds, always words say.

Billyhatsoff2.gif

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

I see this is your 4th post.Are you just using this forum to have a go?

Social source share

Guest nhsoulie

whys this nob handing out flyers for a in his own words handbaggers night at an allnighter anyway hes an arrogant twat who thinks his nights something it not allnighters are the backbone of this scene and radcliffes the best in my eyes ive no dought this mans gonna get a smack very soon spouting his arrogant little mouth

Social source share

I see this is your 4th post.Are you just using this forum to have a go?

Just had a look at the previous posts. They seem to go down the same line,, bringing up other venues in his local area.............this guy has obviously got a very big chip on his shoulder!! :thumbsup:

Social source share

ohmy.gif Only just read this thread & was in 2 minds whether to post as it's giving morontommy the publicity he so badly desires but what the hell.

This man grated me when he first attacked the lovely Jayne Malone previously, totally un-called for, un-necessary, cowardly & way off mark angry.gif

His further attack on the decent hard working promoters at Radcliffe is completely out of order, strikes of jealousy & his whole attitude to the scene stinks.

Fortunately these sort of moron's are far & few between & thankfully I don't think I'll see him at venue I frequent.

Social source share

ohmy.gif Only just read this thread & was in 2 minds whether to post as it's giving morontommy the publicity he so badly desires but what the hell.

This man grated me when he first attacked the lovely Jayne Malone previously, totally un-called for, un-necessary, cowardly & way off mark angry.gif

His further attack on the decent hard working promoters at Radcliffe is completely out of order, strikes of jealousy & his whole attitude to the scene stinks.

Fortunately these sort of moron's are far & few between & thankfully I don't think I'll see him at venue I frequent.

I agree Alison. I've only been to Radcliffe the once so far, but I had a brilliant night and the music was fantastic. thumbup.gif

Suz

x

Social source share

Guest Byrney

What is this buffoonery?

I beg you sir, stop talking like a blundering dundercock.

I'm embarrassed for you yes.gif

Social source share

I can't get my head round this, assuming it's not some sort of spoof! (It's Not April 1st is it) Mr Tommy wants to come in and flyer his event at an event he has no intention of coming into, which he's more or less been able to do via a "flyer table", and now has some sort of problem with the promotion!! I think you're all being a little unfair to somebody with a few "difficulties" to say the least - best comedy post of the Year!!!!!! DISCUSS - There is no discussion, you're daft Tom.

Des Parker

Social source share

Too much time taken up already with this clown... Don't rise to a first class fool....

I am sure Motown Tommy will get the chance to carry on this topic face to face with the promoters at some point...

This is a main page on a worldwide forum, keep that in mind when making posts and comments....

Social source share

Thinking on the same lines there joan, imo flyers r a waste of time n money they just get scattered around the table to soak up the drink n half the time taken off the dancefloor mind u they do come in handy if u run out of loo paper for them golden spots i think they should ban flyers, if u do the rounds, always words say.

Billyhatsoff2.gif

I agree waste of time putting flyers on tables, the best place is a table as you come in , you can look and take the flyers for venues that take your fancy. The promoters can also take back what flyers are left over for another time.

Stevie, the guy is getting what he deserves and rightly so. I'm sure he will get more than he bargained for one of these days when he meets up with some of these promoters he has attacked and venues he's tried to close. It's hard enough promoting as it is, with the hassle etc that goes with it you don't need tw*ts like this making life harder. He's made 4 or 5 posts on here, everyone is attacking someone or somewhere, you reap what you sow.

Social source share

Surely someone out there can fight his corner he's got/had three friends,he obviously cant do it himself.....bit one sided this laugh.gif

Social source share

What is this buffoonery?

I beg you sir, stop talking like a blundering dundercock.

I'm embarrassed for you yes.gif

Thank you, Brian Blessed! Gadzooks!

If 'motowntommy' (and that's one dundercock of a name) is old enough to be a grandparent, he ought to be old enough to have learnt some common sense in his time. At least, enough common sense to know that waltzing in early doors to niter you don't like or support, without so much as a 'by-your-leave' to the fellas running the do, dishing out flyers for some wanky oldies night then giving out vulgarities when approached is not likely to earn you a hearty handshake and a bottle of light ale for your troubles. The man's a fud.

Social source share

MOTOWN TOMMY,I really think that you are such a low life that you posted this up so you could have gr8 big laugh at every decent person on here 'avin a go at you f*ckin' chav,the very fact that Chris offered to put your worthless sh*t flyers in the foyer and not asked you to bend over!! shows you what a real gent he is,we can verify this as we all know him,I think you owe him and Marcelle and Kev and Andy a public apology right now,sort it! aggressive.gif

Social source share

And some on here think that my views on our scene are a little over the top........... kin' ell' this guy has to take away the first prize in the cat. of "looking like, sounding like, and being a complete and UTTER **NT!!

Funny as fook though that he thinks he is justified in trying to make a point!!

Social source share

Guest soulmanvirgin

2 seperate nights, though 'Tom' used to run the 'Northern' night, (spending more time trying to close Prestwich than watching his own work) now he runs a Motown night at the same venue,

What sort of Motown, Is it a Bbay Love night and white stiletto,s and handbags.

Social source share

Guest soulmanvirgin

Would just like to add, what a general all round guy Chris, Andy and the rest of the Radcliffe promoters are.

Allways get a text and email with dates and directions.

Where the xxxx is Heywood. a lasting impression i,m sure.

We try to support there events as much as possible. The music covered at there events is a mix of good oldies not the tack you hear at Stoke.

The cost of a tenner is nothing if you want to put out flyer

Good solid RnB, and nice mix of Modern. Not many promoters put 3 rooms on and try and give you the punter an open option to attend each room.

All are welcome.

Keep up the good work GUYs and Marcelle.

Bev and Shane

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

it could be worse, they could make him go in the R&B room and sit him with you Webby laugh.gif Torture doesn't come into it :thumbsup:laugh.gif

OMG so funny that would make a great picture to post in the gallery.

PMSL.

Stu.

Social source share

Friends, Soulies and Countrymen.

Lend me your ears..

I come to Bury Motowntommy, not to praise him.

First of all may I refer to my earlier post.

MOTOWNTOMMY HAS NO CONNECTION TO HEYWOOD CIVIC SOUL WHATSOEVER.

Now a few of you have raised a few questions that I very much doubt he'l respond to, so I will.

Is it a Baby Love and White Stilletto Night???- Very Much So

Has he not got any mates to defend him- Highly Unlikely as he has a wonderful knack of alienating anybody, and recently sacked one of his DJ's for having the audacity to work for Steve.

Does he support any other venues-Can't think of any of me head.

If any one would like to discuss this further.

My name is TONY POFF. I will be at Heywood Civic on Friday from 7.45 til 1.30

and finally

MOTOWNTOMMY HAS NO CONNECTION TO HEYWOOD CIVIC SOUL WHATSOEVER!!!!

Social source share

I was just thinking its quite a 4th post actually.Big impact.Nobbish,but big impact.

Marcelle,couldn't you have babysat for Grandaddy and let him stay?:laugh: .God,some promoters - self self self:laugh:

If one good thing comes out of this then it's been worthwhile ......how about Creche's at allnighters :D

makes sense to me:yes:

p.s where's that emoticon with the light bulb above his head:smile:

Social source share

If one good thing comes out of this then it's been worthwhile ......how about Creche's at allnighters :D

makes sense to me:yes:

p.s where's that emoticon with the light bulb above his head:smile:

yes and you could have some lovely soul ballad lullabies playing to the bairns :D

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Now thats a whole new thread ....songs to put the kids to sleep :D

Nev don't give Webby any more ideas for god sake lol.

Stu.

Social source share

You really can't be serious about this Tommy !! Bit like trying to take your own food into a restaurant and offering it to the paying customers.

Err, don't think so mate. Had the same thing happen here, won't mention any names, suffice to say he got the arse when i refused to let someone else put his flyers out at MY GIG and not even bother to turn up himself.. tosser. Went down like a lead balloon with him. There is a certain etiquette here, if your not already aware of it just ASK. Support to be supported. Tony T Bone, Flybynight Club, Fremantle, Western Australia.

Social source share

Guest sandi

It's not every day we get a treat like this drop into our laps, and to think he was brave enough to come all guns blazing on his tod, aahh "BLESS" innocent.gif.

SUGGESTION OF PLAN OF ACTION FOR DEALING WITH HIS TYPE:

1. Are you sure he said grandaughter ! and did'nt mishear him actually saying GRANMOTHER !!! or even say he just wanted to GRAB A GRANNY !!!

2. As regards the flyer ...did he look like anything resembling a CLOWN!!!

cus he might of wandered in from Billy Smarts Cirus wanting to place flyers for that. :excl::yes:.

3. Chris you should of let him in free of charge, and when it came to him leaving the venue, took him to one side and told him that you are only Sadistic sandi's representative and she has no problem with him leaving early, but if he'd bothered to read up on the venue terms he would have known that it was gonna cost him £50 to get out :wicked: that would made the fooka :thumbup::sweatingbullets::hatsoff2::sweatingbullets::ohmy::sweatingbullets::(:sweatingbullets::yes::sweatingbullets::lol::sweatingbullets:, alternatively you could of said however on this sorry and embarrassing occassion he could pay in 50lbs of his sweat instead......:wicked::wicked::wicked::wicked::wicked: and placed him under house arrest until he'd delivered the goods, jimmy bough and Roger Banks being the jailers aggressive.gif:boxing: , l reckon Roger would of jumped at the chance...can you imagine his mental state at the end of it.....frusty2.gif.

4. As for the flyers l'd of made a crown out of them in readiness for his offical fook off crowning cerimony, every new king need a titfa....Hail King Knobhead Wears It Well, the New King off Knobshiteshire..king.gif, then given him the right royal kick up the kack hole sending him flying through the door, Shouting after him "how about that for a fookin flyer eh?....Your Royal anus"!

5. remaining flyers just put into the cubicles in the gents lavvies and encourage the guys to wipe their arses with them, asking them to dispose of them into a special sanitation bag (provided)

6. go back to enjoying the rest of the night.

7. When venue is over collect special bag from gents, store in a safe place preferably in a outside shed eg, then on the night of the intended venue, turn up, refuse to pay and deposit contents of the bag in the middle of the dance floor, or if King Knobit is present over his head........

JOB DONE EASY.:thumbup:

Sandi, working on behalf of the Keep our venue free from shite vedors plc.

:shades: xx

Social source share

Motowntommy (aka various new names eg sandi's post) after being brave enough to come on here calling some good people pricks, tossers etc aren't you going to reply to the storm you've caused?

You must have been back on to see what the response was?

ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Social source share

Motowntommy (aka various new names eg sandi's post) after being brave enough to come on here calling some good people pricks, tossers etc aren't you going to reply to the storm you've caused?

You must have been back on to see what the response was?

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

He hasn't Steve.

I bet Saturday was the first time Monotommy had been on since the last time he made an idiot of himself.

Social source share