Allnighters

I've just been to the New Century Hall all niter at the Radcliffe civic. What a bunch of tossers! I went 30 minutes before they opened so that I could put some flyers out without any hassle. Everybody does it and nobody usually is bothered. I went in and was stopped by a guy who was supposedly 'running it'. I asked whether he minded me putting some flyers out and he asked me why I wasn't paying to get in. I told him I couldn't as I was looking after my grandaughter ( I wasn't really....I just couldn't fucking stand 11 hours of disco,getting ripped off for 'over priced' drinks and having to pay a tenner+ for the privelige)

Anyhow, cos I wasn't a paying punter he went off a bit and told me I couldn't put my flyers out on the tables inside the dancehall and to put them on a table in the foyer. What a prick........I told him to shove it up his arse and walked out! Am I cutting off my nose to spite my face or was he being a stubborn, pompous (it's my do, I can do what I want) arsehole?....DISCUSS!

Social source share

• Replies 111
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've just been to the New Century Hall all niter at the Radcliffe civic. What a bunch of tossers! I went 30 minutes before they opened so that I could put some flyers out without any hassle. Everybody does it and nobody usually is bothered. I went in and was stopped by a guy who was supposedly 'running it'. I asked whether he minded me putting some flyers out and he asked me why I wasn't paying to get in. I told him I couldn't as I was looking after my grandaughter ( I wasn't really....I just couldn't fucking stand 11 hours of disco,getting ripped off for 'over priced' drinks and having to pay a tenner+ for the privelige)

Anyhow, cos I wasn't a paying punter he went off a bit and told me I couldn't put my flyers out on the tables inside the dancehall and to put them on a table in the foyer. What a prick........I told him to shove it up his arse and walked out! Am I cutting off my nose to spite my face or was he being a stubborn, pompous (it's my do, I can do what I want) arsehole?....DISCUSS!

Iam totally with the promoter on this one,why should you just walk in?

Anyway you cant stand nighter music,and getting ripped off.

Kevinnocent.gif

Social source share

If you're not going to support an event why should you expect to put your flyers out there?

I'm another prck that would have told you to fcuk off.

IMO the chance to put them on the flyer table was a generous concession and you should have taken it.

You remind me of two guys I saw doing flyers outside the 100 Club last year - no intention of going in and being part of it, just opportunists

that soon went away when they realised they were being ignored.

Social source share

PML; got to be the funniest post on here for ages...!!

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

If he had not wanted to go the venue not cause he had hated it something then i wouldn't mind say if he had some flyers out on table.

i am with most or all here, hate a venue so why go and ask to put flyers out. don't make sense but i would have said i am sorry you can't if you don't like my venue if you know. not to be totally rude

Social source share

Guest chrislokeh

Just come back from the Radcliffe disco great night,with great sounds,Couldn,t wish to meet a nicer bloke than Chris.Id have binned the flyers as well

Social source share

Is this for real? :lol:

You need to give your head a shake mate.

In fact the more I think about it, this has to be a wind up?

Edit: Have just read his other four posts. He certainly has got a problem :lol:

Can anyone tell me where his night is please... so I can avoid it like the plague!

Edited by jumpinjoan
Social source share

Is this for real? :lol:

You need to give your head a shake mate.

In fact the more I think about it, this has to be a wind up?

Can anyone tell me where his night is please... so I can avoid it like the plague!

heywood Civic Motown and Club Soul Night, it's in his profile, Tom his name.

Why should any promoter support another promoters night when that promoter won't support in this case the Radcliffe allnighter? I wouldn't have let him put the flyers on the table (where everyone else puts them btw). Brave man to call Chris, Andy & Kev a bunch of t*ssers.

Social source share

I've just read them too Joan, certainly got a problem with clubs in his particular area. He hasn't made on positive post on this site, simply slagged off all the clubs in North Manchester/Bury/Bolton area and promoters, Dj's and even doormen. Bloody hell I bet his granddaughter looks forward to him looking after her :lol:

Social source share

heywood Civic Motown and Club Soul Night, it's in his profile, Tom his name.

Why should any promoter support another promoters night when that promoter won't support in this case the Radcliffe allnighter? I wouldn't have let him put the flyers on the table (where everyone else puts them btw). Brave man to call Chris, Andy & Kev a bunch of t*ssers.

Thanks Chalky.

Is that the soul night that is held at Heywood Civic? :lol:

Please tell me there is more than one soul night held there :lol:

Social source share

Thanks Chalky.

Is that the soul night that is held at Heywood Civic? :lol:

Please tell me there is more than one soul night held there :D

Not sure but there could be another one obviously run by a t*sser though if his previous comments show any consistency :lol:

Social source share

Not sure but there could be another one obviously run by a t*sser though :lol:

2 seperate nights, though 'Tom' used to run the 'Northern' night, (spending more time trying to close Prestwich than watching his own work) now he runs a Motown night at the same venue,

Social source share

2 seperate nights, though 'Tom' used to run the 'Northern' night, (spending more time trying to close Prestwich than watching his own work) now he runs a Motown night at the same venue,

Anyone going down to the next one to hand flyers out? :lol:

Inside the venue and free of charge of course.

Social source share

Thanks Chalky.

Is that the soul night that is held at Heywood Civic? :ohmy:

Please tell me there is more than one soul night held there :laugh:

:hatsoff2:

MURN,IN ALL OR SHUD I SAY WOOOO,,BITCHY,,,ANYWAY...IM EEES FKIN GRAN DAUGHTER..AN EE IZ A NOBB,,BRAVE MAN CALLIN CHRIS ETC NERMZ...WHY..:hatsoff2:

Social source share

thought there might be, what's his problem with other promoters, does he want all the North Manchester, Bury, Bolton area to himself?

Social source share

I think he was gracious to let you put them out at all. I'd have just told you to fuck off.

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif MY M8 AZ JUST CUM TOO ME OUSE WIV SUM FLYERS:QUOTE;MOTOWNTOMMY..WHO???

WE ALL AMMERED..WOT SHALL WE DOO WIV UM..mmm.AH AH...JUST MED THE BIGGEST SPLIFF.

40 SKIN IN YA LIFE YA EVA SIN.WOOOSHA..FK ME BOB WUD BE PROUD...LOST ARF D CEILIN..

PROPPA..ZIPA DEE DOO DAH......NOW MOTOWNTIMMY "FROM US TO U".....KUCF FOF????? BURT WOT DAT MEEN,MAAN...WOOOO.....FLOATIN DUDE...WOT MY NERM..HA..Xno.gifno.gif WOT IT SAY ON THE INSIDE OV ME JUMPER..SUE.????laugh.gif NOW WILL YA LET ME DJ ..

Social source share

Anyone going down to the next one to hand flyers out? :D

Be great if a load of you up there with different flyers could turn up at the next one, obviously before it starts, so you don't have to hear the crap music and no one gets in your way.

Be fun to see his reaction at you wanting to flyer at his expense and without being gracious enuf to pay the door tax...:lol:

Did anyone get the date...:lol:

Social source share

Guest southpaw

This as to be a joke

Edited by southpaw
Social source share

Guest espo

Anyone going down to the next one to hand flyers out? laugh.gif

I was thinking of going Joan

But ive decided to stay at home and eat both of my feet---better night eh

Social source share

TELL YOU WHAT ,YOU WANNA THINK YOURSELF LUCKY ME AND NICK GOT LOST AND WERE LATE...THEM FLYERS WOULD'VE ENDED UP , UP YOUR BOTT AND SET ON FIRE....ALSO MAY ALL YOUR SOUL NIGHTS SMELL OF FART SPRAY AND STINK BOMBS....

REGARDS CHALKY..

Social source share

TELL YOU WHAT ,YOU WANNA THINK YOURSELF LUCKY ME AND NICK GOT LOST AND WERE LATE...THEM FLYERS WOULD'VE ENDED UP , UP YOUR BOTT AND SET ON FIRE....ALSO MAY ALL YOUR SOUL NIGHTS SMELL OF FART SPRAY AND STINK BOMBS....

REGARDS CHALKY..

laugh.gif

Social source share

Guest abdntony

stop being a prick in your life and get a grip, if you did that in scotland just wondering what would have happened to you in that half hour

Social source share

REGARDS CHALKY..

:hatsoff2::lol::yes::lol:

Best answer to post on here for ages

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Guest proudlove

Thanks Chalky.

Is that the soul night that is held at Heywood Civic? :ohmy:

Please tell me there is more than one soul night held there :laugh:

The proper soul night at Heywood is run by Tony Poff (Tonyp on here)...................his guests next time are the Willinghams and Ricky warburton.............

Social source share

Guest proudlove

The proper soul night at Heywood is run by Tony Poff (Tonyp on here)...................his guests next time are the Willinghams and Ricky warburton.............

We went to Radcliffe last night and had a blast...................old mates,good music in three rooms,cheap bar prices,even got a refund on the way out because we left before 3 because of family stuff today.

Spoke to Chris for the first time last night......a really nice bloke.............and I don't think Mr Flyer man would have got very far arguing with Jimmy on the door................

Steve

Social source share

Actually Steve, Steve Andrew runs it . I just open me gob a lotyes.gif

However for the record

MOTWATTOMMY HAS NO CONNECTION TO HEYWOOD CIVIC SOUL WHATSOEVER!!!!!

ATB

Tony

Social source share

Guest proudlove

However for the record

ATB

Tony

Apologies to Steve Andrews..........he runs it Tony's a gobshite.........(have I got it right now?)

Social source share

However for the record

ATB

Tony

which night does he run Tony, I don't want to stink bomb and contaminate with fart spray the wrong promotion :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Guest wigan bob

you should thank your lucky stars your nose is still intact you gob sh.te

Social source share

REGARDS CHALKY..

:yes::lol: PMSL

Personally I thought Chris was more than fair letting you put flyers at the door and for the record I've never had anyone turn up at our do and ask to put flyers out before the start and then bugger off home coz they don't like the do :hatsoff2:.

Sharon

Social source share

Oh whata happy farting family we are!!!! Interesting that you want to flyer an event which you dispise. It could have been a little arkward if some of those ''disco pricks'' or ''RnB nobs'' turned up at your club with the odd request of none motown related soul tunes. Oh now I get it, the main room punters may have been more of you target audience....Hm.....would they expect you to play original vinyl....what a crazy complicated world this is sometimes...... Anyway, I guess if you could have been bothered to show those ''tossers'' some respect in the first place before you even entered the venue, things could have been a little different. Promoting and organising an event is hard work, lots of hassle, a finiancial risk and requires passion for the music but nevertheless it's also very rewarding if people go home with a smile. You can't just expect to walk in for free, flyer the event and then bugger off! If, for the right reasons you may not be able to pay once or twice it's probably not a big deal to ask nicely if it's possible to put some flyers out but for me and I guess for a few others it is about supporting something we love. Soul Music and Soul Nights/Allnighters!!!!! But at the same time respect people to say no or where they usually like other promoters to put their flyers but most importantly support and enjoy Soul Music!!!!!!

Edited by viphitman
Social source share

:yes::lol: PMSL

Personally I thought Chris was more than fair letting you put flyers at the door and for the record I've never had anyone turn up at our do and ask to put flyers out before the start and then bugger off home coz they don't like the do :hatsoff2:.

Sharon

Sharon

I'd pay to see that..........him come to USOS tell you it's a crap but can he put some flyers out...........come to think of it I'd pay double:lol::yes:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

:lol::lol: PMSL

Personally I thought Chris was more than fair letting you put flyers at the door and for the record I've never had anyone turn up at our do and ask to put flyers out before the start and then bugger off home coz they don't like the do :unsure:.

Sharon

I have :lol:

Mark

Social source share