Dave West

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Definately came out on a 7" on Calibre label , ive had a 7" and a 12", both very hard to find , good luck in your search

Just to confirm

Yes it definately came out on a 7"on Calibre label , i have a picture sleeve copy but would not part with it

got a 12" for sale £10 but trust me this is inferior to the 7" and has disco type breaks in it

keep looking for the 7" and best of luck, this is a better version than the Dells dare i say it and that takes some beating .

Martyn

Social source share

Just to confirm

Yes it definately came out on a 7"on Calibre label , i have a picture sleeve copy but would not part with it

got a 12" for sale £10 but trust me this is inferior to the 7" and has disco type breaks in it

keep looking for the 7" and best of luck, this is a better version than the Dells dare i say it and that takes some beating .

Martyn

The 7" must be totally different from the 12" because that's crap.

Social source share

The 7" must be totally different from the 12" because that's crap.

Yes it is listen to Dave's you tube posting , the 7" is the one to have , iv'e played this out a few times and am always asked about it , unknown to many and rarely seen for sale so price is a difficult one .

would certainly go big if a big name dj were to play it.

Martyn

Social source share

i had the the 7 pc & the 12.

i still have the pc for the 7,but no record? & think i sold the 12 on here last year.

i bought them both from pete widdison @ morecambe scooter rally 1986,thinking it was the dells.

after a 8 hour drive home on the scooter to aberdeen,i was well pissd it was the wrong version when put on the deck.

i know better now,lol.

Social source share

Laura Lee was the original recording.

I have a 12" for sure (played it at Clifton Hall, as did Pat Brady) but pretty sure I don't have a 7" g.gif

The Four Tops I have on a 7" with pic cover, bought as a new release.

Both are inferior to the Dells (IMO).

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Nice one Sean

As i said dare i say its the best version and to me its the Levi Subbs vocals that does it for me but just goes to show what a quality record

this really is

Dells Four Tops mmmmmm how do you chose quality either direction

Martyn

Social source share

Laura Lee was the original recording.

I have a 12" for sure (played it at Clifton Hall, as did Pat Brady) but pretty sure I don't have a 7" g.gif

The Four Tops I have on a 7" with pic cover, bought as a new release.

Both are inferior to the Dells (IMO).

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Nice one Sean

As i said dare i say its the best version and to me its the Levi Subbs vocals that does it for me but just goes to show what a quality record

this really is

Dells Four Tops mmmmmm how do you chose quality either direction

Martyn

I bought the 7" on a stall back in the early 80s and found this promo sheet inside. Wasn't there a story that Calibre did not have permission from Don Davis to release the songs as he had not finished with his production of them so they withdrew it? This may account for so few issues being available. Also I have the Laura Lee 12" which I have found to be the same as the 7". I did have a UK 12" of the Dells as well as the 7" - yes, I like the tune!

post-430-12752122870989_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Source Advert