Dj's Fees ?

At our event, we tend to have a one size fits all policy regarding money for DJ's.

We get in touch with the DJ, letting them know what the club is all about, the reason's as to why we want them on (NOT to be confused with telling them what we want to play btw).

It's at that point we'll advsie them on money. Usually a fixed fee, and the offering of their drinks for the night and that we will put them up if required. Chances are, if the event does really well there'd be some bonus cash on top of what was agreed.

Either way, the DJ knows full well what to expect as far as service from us as promoters, they know their minimum earnings before agreeing and they also know they have the liberty to play what they want on the night, hence why we booked them and that's all we expect in return (it was afterall our decision as a promoter to book and give free license).

In summary, be up front. Sort it out before hand so you both know where you stand. It's then up to the DJ to say whether they agree or not, and also on the night whether they choose to accept the money you put in their hand on the night.

Nothing but positive feedback from punters and DJ's with this approach in my experience.

Azza

Social source share

• Replies 101
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I find it mildly amusing that I can earn more money DJing in a small bar in Manc for a couple of hours than the top DJs on this scene get for a nighter

If it's money your after it's definitely the wrong place to be spinning records

Daft really considering the ridiculous prices we all pay for them laugh.gif

Just to be comparable I was good friends with the house DJ Sachas sister in the late 80s early 90s and he was on £1000 an hour even back then!

Mmmm.Let me know where these bars are Beeks.£150/200 an hour.Small bars.All ex Happy Mondays/Stone roses Crowd?.How do they make a profit?ph34r.gif .

House dj was on £1000 an hour in manc.In ibiza must have been on 5000 an hour,bitd.Must give Jules a ring and let him know.He's been shafted.

btw young man,what you playing in these bars.biggrin.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert