Records Considered "played Out" (I.e. Too Often)

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Three to start:

Jackie Wilson - Because of You

Ace Spectrum - Don't Send Nobody Else

Pat & The Blenders - Just Because

Wade In The Water - Ramsey Lewis

Younghearts - A Little Togetherness

The tempos - Countdown Here I Come

Malc Burton

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

I'm sorry, I don't get it.

Just thought it was a more positive thread than looking for the worst of records. Wasting my time again I suppose.

JUST TAKE A DIFFERENT ANGLE ON IT PAUL....

HOW ABOUT

'RECORDS THAT SHOULDN'T BE PLAYED OUT', I'LL START YOU OFF

KETTY LESTER - SOMETHINGS ARE BETTER LEFT UNPLAYED rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

JUST TAKE A DIFFERENT ANGLE ON IT PAUL....

HOW ABOUT

'RECORDS THAT SHOULDN'T BE PLAYED OUT', I'LL START YOU OFF

KETTY LESTER - SOMETHINGS ARE BETTER LEFT UNPLAYED :rolleyes:

I'll see your Ketty Lester, and raise you this little suite of missing subtitles

BEN E KING - DON'T PLAY THAT SONG (BY FRANK WILSON)

BETTY HARRIS - I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT (AGAIN IN THIS LIFETIME)

THE SOUL SISTERS - I CAN'T STAND IT (FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME)

MAXINE BROWN - OH NO, NOT (AGAIN) MY BABY

BILLY BUTLER - GOTTA GET AWAY (FROM THIS RECORD)

R DEAN TAYLOR - LET'S GO SOMEWHERE (ELSE)

EDDIE HOLLAND - LEAVIN' HERE (LIKE USAIN BOLT)

LOU JOHNSON - THANK YOU ANYWAY, MR. DJ....

Social source share

I'm sorry, I don't get it.

Just thought it was a more positive thread than looking for the worst of records. Wasting my time again I suppose.

Perhaps you should have put a time stamp on it

last 6mths or last 12mths for instance, even some of the latest discoveries get up your nose if you hear them too often.

Social source share

Guest veep1296

Three to start:

Ace Spectrum - Don't Send Nobody Else (Never tire of it ..one of THE best ever records from the 70s in my humble opinion.)

Pat & The Blenders - Just Because (Never tire of this ...just that little bit different..)

David

Social source share

What Kind Of Lady-Dee Dee Sharp when they should be playing The Producers

It Really Hurts Me Girl-Carstairs when they should be playing the instrumental

Im Comin Home in The Mornin-Lou Pride when they should be playing the Southwind Symphony

The Snake-Al Wilson when they should be playing Kevin King Lear or even better Harvey Fuqua

Ace Spectrum-Dont Send Nobody (when they should be playing Holdin On)

Edited by wiggyflat
Social source share

The idea was to list records that are considered played out that are actually really, really good. Not to list records that you're sick of hearing.

Why am i bothering to explain FFS :lol:

Two more;

Ruby Andrews - Just Loving You - Beautiful tune!

Bottom & Company - Gonna Find a True Love - great tune but reached a stupid price for some reason, a 25 quidder all day long.

Social source share

Perhaps you should have put a time stamp on it

last 6mths or last 12mths for instance, even some of the latest discoveries get up your nose if you hear them too often.

Attention span is the issue you're raising here.

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Moses Smith - The Girl Accross the Street. - i wouldn't ever get tired of it.

Jimmy Ruffin - He Who Picks a Roses another song i think is really good yet played out a lot

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

The idea was to list records that are considered played out that are actually really, really good. Not to list records that you're sick of hearing.

Why am i bothering to explain FFS laugh.gif

Two more;

Bottom & Company - Gonna Find a True Love - great tune but reached a stupid price for some reason, a 25 quidder all day long.

I've never seen Bottom & co on a list, or in a box, for £25.00 in the near 20 years that people have been playing it out as a 'modern' record. And I've seen a lot of boxes and lists during those years.

But you're right, it's a great tune. And I honestly don't think it's 'overplayed' it the way that some of the selections in this thread are.

We should definitely add Corey Blake to the list IMO...yes.gif

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

They're all good aren't they, otherwise they would never have been popular and hammered relentlessly in the first place. I even include stuff like Wade In The Water and Beggin' in that category even though I'm sick of hearing them.

Edited by daved
Social source share

Why am i bothering to explain FFS laugh.gif

Two more;

i think it depends where you go surely? i have heard the Mello Souls more than those listed here (no not tired of it).

and some people want to hear the same stuff - i was in a 'rare' room at a niter recently went downstairs to the 'big' room where 'Jeanette' was just finishing and loads of people clapped - it that sort of encouragment that needs stamping out!!

I agree on Ruby Andrews - a great soul record that for me i NEVER EVER want to hear again; the NS scene has 'killed' it.

Edited by Dave Abbott
Social source share

i think it depends where you go surely? i have heard the Mello Souls more than those listed here (no not tired of it).

and some people want to hear the same stuff - i was in a 'rare' room at a niter recently went downstairs to the 'big' room where 'Jeanette' was just finishing and loads of people clapped - it that sort of encouragment that needs stamping out!!

I agree on Ruby Andrews - a great soul record that for me i NEVER EVER want to hear again; the NS scene has 'killed' it.

Have to agree on Ruby Andrews great record, just don't want to hear it for a long time, same can be said about "Run For Cover" how can you not like a Dells Track, but it's time RFC was put away for a fair few years.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert