Realistic Value For This Please

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Quality disc...I will be interested to read of current valuations too!

I think the first time I became aware of it was when Pete French used to play it at the Wheelwrights club back in the early 8Ts...may have been his ender? At that point it was listed/rated as a £6 disc, but awkward to get...the price did not reflect its rarity! I recall seeing it rise during that decade...£15...£30...and £75 by the mid 9Ts, and still not too easy to get.

I was lucky enough to find a small clutch of unplayed copies around 2001 and sold them easily and quickly (at three figures a piece) mostly to friends.

I have since seen it listed and seemingly sell at £300+, though to be honest I have not heard it played out since those Wheelwrights nights...does it get major nighter spins?

Are there any label variations/demos...I've only ever seen stock copies. Kinda reminds me of Johnny Rogers 'Make a change' in places!

:D

Social source share

Quality disc...I will be interested to read of current valuations too!

I think the first time I became aware of it was when Pete French used to play it at the Wheelwrights club back in the early 8Ts...may have been his ender? At that point it was listed/rated as a £6 disc, but awkward to get...the price did not reflect its rarity! I recall seeing it rise during that decade...£15...£30...and £75 by the mid 9Ts, and still not too easy to get.

I was lucky enough to find a small clutch of unplayed copies around 2001 and sold them easily and quickly (at three figures a piece) mostly to friends.

I have since seen it listed and seemingly sell at £300+, though to be honest I have not heard it played out since those Wheelwrights nights...does it get major nighter spins?

Are there any label variations/demos...I've only ever seen stock copies. Kinda reminds me of Johnny Rogers 'Make a change' in places!

hatsoff2.gif

hi flynny . yes i agree its a very nice tunei think. i havent heard or seen any others when ive been out n about at all . only ever seen issue . it was played in europ and down south i think?. my copy came from a guy called irish greg he played it out on a reguler basis down at the dome down south . or at least thats what ive been told . i know a few well known names have all played it out at one time .this copy is like new in fact so clean that i was a little worried but all seems to be right with it . i paid around 400 as i was under the impresion it is like rocking horse poo to find.

cheers regards paul

Edited by steptoe
Social source share

it was played in europ and down south i think?. my copy came from a guy called irish greg he played it out on a reguler basis down at the dome down south . or at least thats what ive been told . this copy is like new in fact so clean that i was a little worried but all seems to be right with it .

:yes:

That copy more than likely came from me, as I flogged most of them to friends in and around London!

I told them to just buy it if they didn't know it, as it was good/rare/will have its day!

Can't remember it being played at the Dome regularly...maybe once or twice.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

Guest Sean Haydon

A lovely record mate. Karl Heard spin of late, also Phil Kowalski recently started playing it at Burnley before the end.

Selling it? :wink:

Social source share

Guest marco

I first heard this on a tape I got at Stafford from Terry Mac from Manchester.

Great tune. Been played a lot over the past few years.

Lovely stuff Joan. Alongside Oscar Wright, one of my all-time favourite male vocal performances...

Paid you £75 quid for it 10 years ago if memory serves, Dave. Contains the immortal line "scold my hand to make me understand... I need you"

wow!

Edited by marco
Social source share

Dave Thorley played it at TOTW a few times too, I got a copy at that time from Ady Pountain for £3, personally I don't rate it as a 3 figure sound, but, heh who's to say?

Edited by Tony Smith
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert