$933 For The Soultors On Timmion?

Guest Big Jim Slade

Guest Big Jim Slade

https://collectorsfre...id=160433530226

who the fuck pays $933 for a new(ish) 45 on the Timmion label?

if this isn't a joke, this shit is absurd. are these bidders really that stupid that they can't wait a month to get this for $100 or is there something else going on here that I'm missing? I'll assume the latter but I have no clue. I try not to give too much attention to eDiggers who get rich off of average 45s but how could I miss a sale like this when it sells for 10 times the going rate.

Anyone wanna buy my Kings Go Forth 45 for $500?

BIG JIM SLADE

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

if this isn't a joke, this shit is absurd. are these bidders really that stupid that they can't wait a month to get this for $100 or is there something else going on here that I'm missing? I'll assume the latter but I have no clue. I try not to give too much attention to eDiggers who get rich off of average 45s but how could I miss a sale like this when it sells for 10 times the going rate.

BIG JIM SLADE

There was one go through in March for $48 so either inflation's kicking in or somebody ate too many drugs on the day they placed a bid. It's one of the mysteries of ebay. Like Winfield Parker on P&L selling for $305...some things can't really be explained, you just have to admire the stupidity.

Social source share

Guest Demotron

It's grimy mid-tempo garage funk. I personally think it's one of the best in its genre, but the price is certainly insane. I remember being surprised some three years ago when a copy sold for $120.

Social source share

No, this one was at $670 with several hours to go.

Apparently the seller has already recieved the payment according to posts on another forum about this.

yeah, and he sold another copy to the second bidder for $600

Social source share

Guest Big Jim Slade

I don't buy it at all. Dude had to have an arsenal of fellow eDiggers inflating the price. The decimal-place idea seems reasonable but not with three people. I met the dealer in person a couple years ago and saw him do nothing but use his Mac book to lurk on the bay. Personally, I think that's kind of a lame existence: to make your living by buying and reselling all the pseudo-garbage for top dollar in glamorous auctions. By pseudo garbage, I mean things that exist in bulk far more than some of us think and other private press rarities that are actually awful. Sure, we all have different tastes and the world is big enough for someone to like everything but, it's one thing to sell a Manzel 45 for $270 and make a 150 bucks from the recently eBayed abundance of stock copies, it's another thing to get just short of a grand for a 45 from years ago. At what point does the line get crossed here? The seller is 25 years old, if I remember correctly.

Either the buyer or seller needs to be chastised for being either an idiot or a corrupt dealer. Don't know the case here, just noting the absurdity.

BIG JIM SLADE

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

No, this one was at $670 with several hours to go.

Apparently the seller has already recieved the payment according to posts on another forum about this.

Just think how much it would have gone for if you'd listed it, my friend!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Social source share

Guest Big Jim Slade

Just think how much it would have gone for if you'd listed it, my friend!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think I'd have got $57!

Hilarious.

Social source share

I don't buy it at all. Dude had to have an arsenal of fellow eDiggers inflating the price. The decimal-place idea seems reasonable but not with three people. I met the dealer in person a couple years ago and saw him do nothing but use his Mac book to lurk on the bay. Personally, I think that's kind of a lame existence: to make your living by buying and reselling all the pseudo-garbage for top dollar in glamorous auctions. By pseudo garbage, I mean things that exist in bulk far more than some of us think and other private press rarities that are actually awful. Sure, we all have different tastes and the world is big enough for someone to like everything but, it's one thing to sell a Manzel 45 for $270 and make a 150 bucks from the recently eBayed abundance of stock copies, it's another thing to get just short of a grand for a 45 from years ago. At what point does the line get crossed here? The seller is 25 years old, if I remember correctly.

Either the buyer or seller needs to be chastised for being either an idiot or a corrupt dealer. Don't know the case here, just noting the absurdity.

BIG JIM SLADE

he posts on waxidermy.com, go there and bitch. i think he's known as a "gripper and flipper" there too though.

Social source share

I try not to give too much attention to eDiggers who get rich off of average 45s....

I met the dealer in person a couple years ago and saw him do nothing but use his Mac book to lurk on the bay...

To be honest, Big Jim, it looks a little more like you're stalking him...

The seller is 25 years old, if I remember correctly...

Yep - you are!

Social source share

Just listened to the soundfile and can honestly say that's the dullest 45 I've heard in the last five years.

Some people only have taste on there tongues, clearly.

$900? I wouldn't give you $9 for it.

I wouldn't give that much $5 tops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

BIG JIM SLADE

sounds like a personal case of sour grapes, not a good look on your behalf. Brendan is a good dude & it's just not cool to be calling out stuff like this in public.

Social source share

BIG JIM SLADE

Ironic really, Funk collectors have been posting this exact topic on their forums about northern 45s for years ! :yes:

when the real big question on this site is weather the Four Tracks "like my love for you" is now worth 150 quid at the most ?

as it seems like the whole production run has been found.

Rare 45 the 80s and 90s

have all the origina boxed 45s haves been found in the usa recently ?

Edited by mossy
Social source share

Guest Dante

BIG JIM SLADE

The seller started the auction at $9.99, so I don't know how he's responsible for the price.

Social source share

The seller started the auction at $9.99, so I don't know how he's responsible for the price.

You're right, it's just the case of 2 "young" ebayers battling over one 45.

You can see it in the Bid history

Oh, and the seller is on Soulsource too. He had some rare LP's and made big money with them. :yes:

Edited by Philippe
Social source share

sounds like a personal case of sour grapes, not a good look on your behalf. Brendan is a good dude & it's just not cool to be calling out stuff like this in public.

I can't say anything bad about Brendan ..he sold me my mint copy of SMALL SOCIETY on CADDEthumbsup.gif

Listed it for the flip which thankfully threw a lot of people off the scentyes.gif

Personally if people wanna pay stupid money for not so rare records then good luck to him ..he usually lists everything at low start prices ,puts up good scans & soundfiles and detailed grading....TOP EBAY SELLER in my book smile.gif

P.s Forgot to add ...he's also a member on hereyes.gif

Edited by NEV
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert