Jimmy Raye "original"

hatsoff2.gif HI ALL.... QUESTION: HOW DO YOU SPOT A FAKE! (NO PUN INTENDED,) AS JOHNNY MANSHIPS GUIDE MENTIONS 4 SPOTS?...I HAVE 2 COPY'S OF THIS, BOTH LOOK AND FEEL IDENTICAL, HOWEVER COPY 1 HAS MATRIX S-OO2^A(the arrow is in fact a triangle delta style) AND COPY 2 HAS MATRIX S-OO2A .. NO TRIANGLE,WHICH IS WHAT OR ARE THEY 2 ORIGINALS OR 2 BOOTS???ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

post-13241-12742231447804_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hatsoff2.gif HI ALL.... QUESTION: HOW DO YOU SPOT A FAKE! (NO PUN INTENDED,) AS JOHNNY MANSHIPS GUIDE MENTIONS 4 SPOTS?...I HAVE 2 COPY'S OF THIS, BOTH LOOK AND FEEL IDENTICAL, HOWEVER COPY 1 HAS MATRIX S-OO2^A(the arrow is in fact a triangle delta style) AND COPY 2 HAS MATRIX S-OO2A .. NO TRIANGLE,WHICH IS WHAT OR ARE THEY 2 ORIGINALS OR 2 BOOTS???ph34r.gif DAVE KIL

The easiest way to spot the first boot is that the copy it was dubbed from jumps a few seconds before the end!

PS Dave - dug out my Lester Young on Barry to spin at the weekend - guess whose name is scratched in the runout??hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

The original should have S-002 B in the run-out groove (NOTE! it should have a B, not an A) on the "Philly Dog" side and directly opposite of the S there should be PES stamped.

The copies you have are bootlegs seeing that they both have got variations of S-002 A in the runout groove.

Social source share

Always thought the triangle delta was the orig.

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif HI ALL Thanks for the feed back, it seems to me that there are at least 4 variations off this record, that all seem to have identical labels and plastic/vinyl ith the same center dip? the difference is in the matrix marks, who can say for certain that it was Booted AND WE HAVE ASSUMED that the one that has the most bits in the matrix is the only legit pressing, why cant there be 2? and why would a bootlegger put a triangle on or take it off a rerun??

There is some history in the BAREFOOT IN IN CHINATOWN, I GOT IT FROM CONTEMPOS SHOP HANAWAY ST LONDON in 72 for 75p along with Mamie Galore? and way back then I put my name on many records (SORRY) at the time it was a top sound, there is a Cissy Huston Demo out there with my name on it, scribed with a hot needle, (SORRY AGAIN) I was Blocked at the time?ph34r.gif DAVE

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif HI ALL Thanks for the feed back, it seems to me that there are at least 4 variations off this record, that all seem to have identical labels and plastic/vinyl ith the same center dip? the difference is in the matrix marks, who can say for certain that it was Booted AND WE HAVE ASSUMED that the one that has the most bits in the matrix is the only legit pressing, why cant there be 2? and why would a bootlegger put a triangle on or take it off a rerun??

There is some history in the BAREFOOT IN IN CHINATOWN, I GOT IT FROM CONTEMPOS SHOP HANAWAY ST LONDON in 72 for 75p along with Mamie Galore? and way back then I put my name on many records (SORRY) at the time it was a top sound, there is a Cissy Huston Demo out there with my name on it, scribed with a hot needle, (SORRY AGAIN) I was Blocked at the time?ph34r.gif DAVE

Send them both to JM,he will confirm one way or another :yes:,also i thought the boots were styrene?,and there

was a sky/light blue boot as well.

Dave f.........

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert