Loma

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet but the Roy Redmond cut of "A Change Is Gonna Come" is one of the best revivals of that particular song. A wonderful Jerry Ragavoy production with a really committed vocal by Roy, whom I know nothing about. Does anyone have any biographical details on him?

Social source share

• Replies 91
  • Views 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soultan

here are some badly taken pics of loma issues. do you guys use a scanner (or camara) for pics. thought the scanner might be a bit warm. maybe i just need a better camara.lol

the larry laster has reversed labels, dont know if they are all like that.

flip of the soul shakers - its love (cause i can feel it) is a great track in its own right.

cheers

post-8436-12743979761972_thumb.jpg

post-8436-12743979799921_thumb.jpg

post-8436-12743979838608_thumb.jpg

post-8436-12743979876034_thumb.jpg

post-8436-12743979914074_thumb.jpg

post-8436-12743979953021_thumb.jpg

Social source share

here are some badly taken pics of loma issues. do you guys use a scanner (or camara) for pics. thought the scanner might be a bit warm. maybe i just need a better camara.lol

the larry laster has reversed labels, dont know if they are all like that.

flip of the soul shakers - its love (cause i can feel it) is a great track in its own right.

cheers

scanner has never harmed any records I've scanned.

Social source share

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet but the Roy Redmond cut of "A Change Is Gonna Come" is one of the best revivals of that particular song. A wonderful Jerry Ragavoy production with a really committed vocal by Roy, whom I know nothing about. Does anyone have any biographical details on him?

Can offer up a picture of Roy and that is about it...along with the stock and WD labels for his 'That old time feeling'.

If nothing else it should excite rigilbert!?!

:thumbsup:

post-9555-12744947165154_thumb.jpg

post-9555-12744947165154_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Guest rosies dad

post-20258-12745017483667_thumb.jpgpost-20258-12745018462951_thumb.jpg

My all time favorite on the label, which i don't thinks been mentioned yet "I Paid For The Party" what a tune! !!!!

jacob

post-20258-12745017483667_thumb.jpg

post-20258-12745018462951_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Can offer up a picture of Roy and that is about it...along with the stock and WD labels for his 'That old time feeling'.

If nothing else it should excite rigilbert!?!

It does... it does indeed Flynn-san. And I want one... yes.gif

I have a different pic to this standard one of Mr Redmond in my files - a pre-Loma one. Will see if I can dig it out later.

I'm in the process of putting together an image gallery of Loma-related items. If anyone's interested they can find it here:

https://www.lomarecords.com/loma-gallery.html

There's more to come when I get the time...

Social source share

Would happily oblige, but keep getting the following message when clicking on 'Add Refosoul clip'...

>>>You are not authorized to access this page.<<<

Refosoul uploading is I think turned off while the new system is installed, should be back up and running pretty soon.

Social source share

post-13983-12745425487594_thumb.jpgpost-13983-12745425800852_thumb.jpg

post-13983-12745426143071_thumb.jpg

OLYMPICS - NO MORE WILL I CRY - (Rarely out of my play list recently. Awesome group dancer.)

SOUL SHAKERS - GET HIP TO YOURSELF -

SOUL SHAKERS - COLD LETTER -

Dave, don't you think That's Alright sounds a bit like The Clash? Can see what they were listening to eh.

Also got an issue on Calla.

Best

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

Chalky suggested we start a Label Of The Week Thread

As there has been a lot of discussion about Linda Jones Turkey Issue we have decided to kick off with Loma.

As we travel through the Labels they will eventually be archived in "The Sharp End" for easier access.

Loma Label Listing

OK then that's Loma done laugh.gif - what is the new label of the week Roger biggrin.gif

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

OK then that's Loma done laugh.gif - what is the new label of the week Roger biggrin.gif

Cheers

Richard

Definitely start a new one every Sunday.

Suggestions Welcome.

Each week will be archived to easily add to at a later date.

Could be anything collectable from across the Globe, Guessing U.S.A. & U.K. will be the main.

A lot of Interest developing recently on Obscure Releases from Turkey, Argentina etc.

Social source share

J.J. JACKSON - SURE NUFF GOT A GOOD THING GOING - LOMA (Soundclip from Refosoul Archive)

Always reminds me of "Just A Little Misunderstanding"

absolutely, it's totally the intro/chorus chords from "Misunderstanding", I remember thinking the same thing when I bought it.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jeff1510

Chalky suggested we start a Label Of The Week Thread

As there has been a lot of discussion about Linda Jones Turkey Issue we have decided to kick off with Loma.

As we travel through the Labels they will eventually be archived in "The Sharp End" for easier access.

Loma Label Listing

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert