Any Good Shops In Nashville

Hi Guys i have to go to Nashville on Monday to look at a machine for our clients and was wondering if there are any good shops to check out.

Im only there for a day and a half before i fly back to Mexico so nothing too far out of the way.

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Guys i have to go to Nashville on Monday to look at a machine for our clients and was wondering if there are any good shops to check out.

Im only there for a day and a half before i fly back to Mexico so nothing too far out of the way.

Cheers

Steve

It's the luck of the draw Steve.

I had a magnificent hit there in a local shop in the 80's simply because a Chicago RnB DJ had recently relocated to Nashville and dumped his spares in a local Nashville store. I think I pretty much bought 'em all, so a lucky hit. I did better in Nashville then anywhere else on that occasion.

So scan 'em all mate. There's probably only a handful of shops now and you can get round 'em all in a day and half.......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I was there about a month ago...

...Happy huntinglaugh.gif !

Seriously, as far as Nashville goes, there's only really the Great Escape. They put most of their good stuff on eBay now, but if you're looking for $2 and $3 dollar records in at least adequate condition, you'll probably scoop up a handful of things to fill your shelves with.

They have three locations - the best known one is on Broadway, but their West Nashville shop had better stuff. The one out in Madison looke like it had the same 45s in stock that were there when I was last in Music City about 3 years ago.

There's also Phonoluxe out near Nolensville Pike, but their 45 stock hasn't changed in years and is mostly country anyway.

Like Ian, I've had many a good vinyl hit in Nashville down the years but it's not somewhere that I would specifically go for a record hunt any more.

Best,

TONY

PS: If you do hit the Escape on Broadway, you should check out the delicatessen' Noshville' a block down and on the other side of the street. Comes personally recommended by both me and Steve Cropper!

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

They have had MAJOR flooding in Nashville-early this week i think !

You'll do well for cheap stuff as above Phonolux is good-but start at the back of the store-most of us get fed up after 4 hours laugh.gif

I did get a Toni basil out of the stuff with no covers on for 25 cents though, if you know your RnB stuff theres tons of that as well

Happy Hunting

Rob

Social source share

They have had MAJOR flooding in Nashville-early this week i think !

You'll do well for cheap stuff as above Phonolux is good-but start at the back of the store-most of us get fed up after 4 hours laugh.gif

I did get a Toni basil out of the stuff with no covers on for 25 cents though, if you know your RnB stuff theres tons of that as well

Happy Hunting

Rob

Thanks for all the reply's guys.

Ive just had my itinerary and im apparently about 2 hours outside Nashville ,so maybe i might strike lucky.

Fingers crossed.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert