Problems With Buyers In Italy ?

Before I start I'm not saying that the buyer i sold to is trying to rip me off.

A record is missing in the post and i'm just trying to find out if all is

as it should be before trying to get some money

out of the Royal Mail in compo.

I have the postage receipt etc so I should be Ok.

Has anyone had any problems with a buyer in Italy ?????.

I have contacted the people I know over there but they

dont know him.

PLEASE dont post any names on here just PM me

if you can assist.

Cheers

Kegsy

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Dante

I've seen a couple of eBay sellers who do not ship to Italy unless it's FedEx or something like that due to recurring rpoblems with buyers / post office...

Social source share

Its common in a lot of ebay listings now to see "I no longer ship to Italy " i myself advise Italian bidders that the only way they can bid on my records is if they agree to pay for international signed for shipping which aint cheap !!...the postal system in Italy is just not that great tbh :yes:

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

dont know him.

if you can assist.

Cheers

Kegsy

Whilst stuff can go adrift to any destination it's a fact that Italy and France (especially Paris) are on a lot of seller's (any commodity and not just records) black list. I must admit that so far I've never had a problem with either although I only mail (books) to them occassionally.

Depending on what postage receipt you mean. If it's just a bog standard certificate of posting then it will mean naff all. If it's "International Signed For" it will only cover about £38 or so unless extra insurance is paid for. And that only insures you for loss up until the time it goes on the plane.

Used to be easy to claim off Royal Mail for non-delivery but they've now tightened up on it big time. What you sold it for will mean nothing to Royal Mail. Expect them to ask you what YOU paid for it and they'll want proof. In the event they do pay out it will be for the amount you paid for the record. So if you sold a record for £100 and can prove by way of a receipt etc that you paid £10 for it then they will refund you just £10

May be worth putting a claim in as you may be lucky but don't get yer hopes up.

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

I have sold a few bits to Italy and never had a problem.

If I haven't dealt with someone before and don't know them, I do have an ask about before sending anything pricey. Also I always send airsure now so it is insured, too many horror stories about to take the risk.

Sometimes I take a hit on the postage, sometimes if it is a cheap item I'll ask for the extra postage and if they don't want to pay I refund them through paypal.

If you want to pm me the name I'll check if I have dealt with them or know them.

Cheers

Paul

Social source share

thanks Paul the point is that!!!...i'm an seller and buyer...without any problem...and i'm in italy....usually ask for registered way (but only becuase when records arrive to me.... the postman if i'm not at home left me and advice....however also with regular shipping i don't have problem...the fear to lost something is only mine eheheh

however in italy we have some delay period....only in that part of year....two weeks around christmas and in august....so buy or sell something in the two last weeks of july from england (10 / 15 days regular or registered) or in usa (15 25 days usually) could be not so smart...but for sure you don't lose nothing it's only a delay....and however there are the main office deposit where you can ask...

in 7 and more years of buying and selling make only three paypal reclame....only one resolved with a refund like buyer

probably soon i must made one...for an uk guy(not in this forum)....i've ask him a registered mail...after he says me that he've shipped regular....he say me that item was shipped in 14 april i still waiting it...

like seller i have refund one time an item...and same item after a couple of week come back to me safe and sound....

POSTAL OFFICE IN ITALY ARE VERY SAFE....BUT AND I'M VERY SAD FOR THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF SILLY PERSON THAT MAKE THE PAYPAL RECLAME JOKE...BUT IN ALL THE WORLD....this is the problem

so like have said Paul sell/buy only to people known or with a good partecipation on a forum....

my best

Alfredo

Social source share

POSTAL OFFICE IN ITALY ARE VERY SAFE....BUT AND I'M VERY SAD FOR THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF SILLY PERSON THAT MAKE THE PAYPAL RECLAME JOKE...BUT IN ALL THE WORLD....this is the problem

Alfredo

Hi Alfredo

Thanks for the reply, but given the previous replies regarding the Italian postal system plus a couple of PM's,

I think there must be a problem.

Cheers

Kegsy

Social source share

Whilst stuff can go adrift to any destination it's a fact that Italy and France (especially Paris) are on a lot of seller's (any commodity and not just records) black list.

I had not one but two international signed for's disappear in Paris, tracked as it left the UK, apparently never showed up on the French postal service

Social source share

I'm in the Netherlands, have been for a couple of years now. Prior to that I lived in London for 20 years.

My experience with missing ebay items being sent over here from the UK is that the problem often lies not with the local postal service, ie, the Dutch post office. The problem is that packets do not make it out of the UK in the first place. This has certainly been the case for me with registered items. Where signed for items have gone missing, Post Office investigations have shown that the packets didn't even get a chance to be lost by the postal service of another country - they'd already 'disappeared' well before then.

As well as there being a domestic problem with the postal service in every country, you may find that workers inside the UK post office know that packages going to specific countries are much easier to 'misappropriate than others.

Social source share

dont know him.

if you can assist.

Cheers

Kegsy

Hi Kegsy

I personally have now stopped selling to both Italy and Spain as on more than one occassion have had records supposedly never delivered and why I decided to stop was that I had a record only a month or so ago get lost which was sent by International Signed for Post which if you track it it still shows intransit ie: LOST !!

I have never got anywere with the post office or with paypal to claim my losses and I have had to give a full refund to the buyer !

Its just not worth the hassle !

Regards - Copy208

Edited by Ray Copley
Social source share

As well as there being a domestic problem with the postal service in every country, you may find that workers inside the UK post office know that packages going to specific countries are much easier to 'misappropriate than others.

I think that is very true, and it also works the other way for records coming into the UK.

Postal workers know the system and they know that if a packet is shown on the system to have left the UK then it can be misappropriated if it isn't tracked all the way. Similarly, if a packet is not shown as having arrived in the UK, it too can be misappropriated.

Someone has a Troy Dodds of mine that disappeared in this way. The tracking shows it leaving the states but never appearing in this country.

The international mail services available from the UK are somewhat ludicrous to be honest:

"International Signed For" - tracked to point of departure from UK then not tracked until delivered when a signature is obtained.

"Airsure" - tracked all the way then not signed for. Why not? :yes:

Neither service is guaranteed. So effectively the mail services are admitting that they cannot deliver reliably.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I had not one but two international signed for's disappear in Paris, tracked as it left the UK, apparently never showed up on the French postal service

Trouble is Pete that "International Signed For" flags the package up as possibly being worth a bit and worth nickin'

Bastuds

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I think that is very true, and it also works the other way for records coming into the UK.

Postal workers know the system and they know that if a packet is shown on the system to have left the UK then it can be misappropriated if it isn't tracked all the way. Similarly, if a packet is not shown as having arrived in the UK, it too can be misappropriated.

Someone has a Troy Dodds of mine that disappeared in this way. The tracking shows it leaving the states but never appearing in this country.

The international mail services available from the UK are somewhat ludicrous to be honest:

"International Signed For" - tracked to point of departure from UK then not tracked until delivered when a signature is obtained.

"Airsure" - tracked all the way then not signed for. Why not? :blink:

Neither service is guaranteed. So effectively the mail services are admitting that they cannot deliver reliably.

And I believe it's only tracked as far as the last postal depot, that is it's not scanned by postie as he pops it through the door.

Social source share

can reply...again...in all country there are some same way of shipping...i think it's useful to know for buyer and seller this kind of news....

for example the international package from italy to other country have an full trackable....(i've try this one cost about 16 euro and that one is safe like a fedex....)

and i don't speak about unsured delivery more and more safe....but you can pay an custom taxes in percentage on the value of the object...

the recomended shipping have a trackable only since when it leaves italy...and became no more trackable for foreign states...usually this way of shipping cost about 8-9 euro for a 45 and is the most useful for all buyer and seller....and i'm quite sure

also the inernational signed (in usa or in uk) have the same beahaviour so you can't track the package when it arrives in the other counrty but i think there are some way of shipping that have a full trackable...also in usa or in uk.... no???? i think if you received a lot of pm on the fail shipping for italy....i'll reply it's not for an postal fault...but only for an HUMAN FAULT.... :thumbsup:

Social source share

I did some work a few years back for a major UK international airport and when I was walking airside in the middle of the night between locations, I saw royal mail packages and luggage that had probably fallen off whatever was transporting them just sitting on the grass by the runways. I went back twice more over the next 4 or 5 weeks and they were still there unmoved, so anyone saying that post doesn't leave the UK - doesn't surprise me at all...

cheers Sutty

Social source share

Guest southpaw

this thread got me thinking...i should move to italy and get a job in a post office and wait for small, square, flat, packages... easier to build my collection that way!

ohmy.gifwicked.gif

Social source share

I did some work a few years back for a major UK international airport and when I was walking airside in the middle of the night between locations, I saw royal mail packages and luggage that had probably fallen off whatever was transporting them just sitting on the grass by the runways. I went back twice more over the next 4 or 5 weeks and they were still there unmoved, so anyone saying that post doesn't leave the UK - doesn't surprise me at all...

cheers Sutty

ohmy.gifohmy.gif The agony!

Social source share

Guest LWJ2

I have had major problems with France and Russia to which i don`t send anymore and i have to say Italy is slowly joining the list ...never had a problem with the rest of Europe or the USA

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert