Advise On Ebay Please

I'm pretty new to the world of ebay but have been bidding on a record and

have rec'd an e-mail from ebay saying my bid has been cancelled ! I've never

come across this before , why would this happen ? and who cancelled it ?

Confused of Louth :thumbsup:

Swifty

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm pretty new to the world of ebay but have been bidding on a record and

have rec'd an e-mail from ebay saying my bid has been cancelled ! I've never

come across this before , why would this happen ? and who cancelled it ?

Confused of Louth huh.gif

Swifty

could be for various reasons, the seller may only accept bids from people above a certain feedback score, item not for sale anymore, your from a blocked country....i,ve never had a bid cancelled but i have cancelled bids from people for various reasons and i,m sure the email states the reason.., either the seller or ebay cancelled it.....hope this helpsin some way....phil

Social source share

could be for various reasons, the seller may only accept bids from people above a certain feedback score, item not for sale anymore, your from a blocked country....i,ve never had a bid cancelled but i have cancelled bids from people for various reasons and i,m sure the email states the reason.., either the seller or ebay cancelled it.....hope this helpsin some way....phil

Phil , just had e-mail back from seller ' I have decided to keep it ' , can you do that ?

Still confused

Swifty

Social source share

yep, sure can, it s very annoying,especially if its one you've been after, hope you find another....hatsoff2.gif

Phil , I've just sold some today that finished about an hour ago and to be honest most didn't make what I even paid for them , Doh! so does that mean if I see with not long left and I'm not going to get the price i would like that I can just cancel the bids I have on them ? I wouldn't do it because surely you are in a contract of sale once you have advertised. I'm pretty pissed off about it really. It was George Kirby - What can I do - Cadet and I was winning with $13.50 !

Pissed Off from Louth

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Phil , I've just sold some today that finished about an hour ago and to be honest most didn't make what I even paid for them , Doh! so does that mean if I see with not long left and I'm not going to get the price i would like that I can just cancel the bids I have on them ? I wouldn't do it because surely you are in a contract of sale once you have advertised. I'm pretty pissed off about it really. It was George Kirby - What can I do - Cadet and I was winning with $13.50 !

Pissed Off from Louth

Swifty thumbsup.gif

not 100% sure of the rules on cancelling bids and removing from auction, but in "my ebay" where the drop down menu is next to your items you are selling you have the option to remove from auction, it then asks why and gives you some choices, not to sure if there is a time limit as to when you can cancel, best thing to do if your not sure if an item will sell is to start the bidding at a price your happy to let it go at if you only get one bid, thats what i do, yes.gif

Social source share

not 100% sure of the rules on cancelling bids and removing from auction, but in "my ebay" where the drop down menu is next to your items you are selling you have the option to remove from auction, it then asks why and gives you some choices, not to sure if there is a time limit as to when you can cancel, best thing to do if your not sure if an item will sell is to start the bidding at a price your happy to let it go at if you only get one bid, thats what i do, yes.gif

I agree mate , I only sell bits to get some dosh to buy a few more bits , I just think the Kn*b is

a bit out of order. Anyway had a couple of glasses of Red and have calmed down.

Thanks Phil

Cheers

Social source share

I think, not for defo but think a seller can only cancel an item for sale if 1) it has NO bids on it. 2) there is still more than 24hrs to go, if under 24hrs i was under the impression that it could not be withdrawn from sale.

After all this though ebay seem to have very confusing rules that do not seem to be the same for everyone.

Social source share

Pissed Off from Louth

I was watching this too . :lol: I'm sure many others were. I guess someone put an offer in he couldn't refuse. A lot more than $13.50 I suppose :lol:

Social source share

its ok to pull an item with no bids on, but once a bids on its taboo, ..you can still do it, but better to put a reserve on to start with, otherwise you might not get any bids on future items

Social source share

its ok to pull an item with no bids on, but once a bids on its taboo, ..you can still do it, but better to put a reserve on to start with, otherwise you might not get any bids on future items

Chris , there was a starting bid of 99cents and I put my first bid in , hey I've got over it now but

would I be within my rights to Tw*t him if I ever bump into him ? or should I just be a nice person :shades:

Cheers

Swifty:boxing:

Social source share

Chris , there was a starting bid of 99cents and I put my first bid in , hey I've got over it now but

would I be within my rights to Tw*t him if I ever bump into him ? or should I just be a nice person ph34r.gif

Cheers

if you believe in karma, be a nice person and let it go, if you believe in reality.....twat him ..with the words ..."wheres my george kirby"...ringing in his ears

Social source share

name and shame i say nono.gif i withdrew one the other day only coz i'd listed it twice turning into a togg.gif

kev

Kev , It's just the principal , If records I'm selling dont make what I want does that mean I can just cancel all the bids ?

and I will name and shame when I can 'kin find the tw*ts name !

Cheers

Swifty :hatsoff2:

Social source share

would I be within my rights to Tw*t him if I ever bump into him ? or should I just be a nice person :hatsoff2:

Cheers

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert