Looking For Dj's

Wanted Collectors and DJ's of all kinds to help with a Vinyl Freestyling session at a prestigious venue in LIVERPOOL.

The owners are friends, so I am helping generate interest in the area.

This is not a typical Goldsoul gig full of 'bells n whistles', I am looking for enthusiasts to get on stage and give us a 1 hour mix of interesting stuff. We are not looking for Kings Hall floor filling.

If you fancy a day out at the Albert Dock and think you could entertain with Northern, Modern, Latin, R&B and any other sub genre that takes your fancy, either PM me or email.

The date is; AUGUST 29th(Sunday) 3-11pm. Looking for around 6 spinners.

Cheers,

Kev

Social source share

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I can see this as a top opportunity for budding collectors n DJ's to show their stuff, be great to see some of our South Yorkshire youngsters giving it a bash.

I'd like to see some of our lady DJ's give it a go, some amazing sounds being spun by some very passionate and well informed people.

Excellent opportunity all round here for the Northernsoul community to show support and encouragement, and maybe hear one or two good sounds.

Social source share

I can see this as a top opportunity for budding collectors n DJ's to show their stuff, be great to see some of our South Yorkshire youngsters giving it a bash.

I'd like to see some of our lady DJ's give it a go, some amazing sounds being spun by some very passionate and well informed people.

Excellent opportunity all round here for the Northernsoul community to show support and encouragement, and maybe hear one or two good sounds.

Social source share

Kev i think you will struggle to find an DJs on this site laugh.gif

Aye...I know what you mean. Thankfully a few really interesting fellas have put themselves forward, so it looks as if the fresh ideas and new venue, might generate interest in one of the UK's legendary city's.

Social source share

Aye...I know what you mean. Thankfully a few really interesting fellas have put themselves forward, so it looks as if the fresh ideas and new venue, might generate interest in one of the UK's legendary city's.

Off topic Kev but just a suggestion, R:E: next kings hall.

Any chance you could do something about the early morning daylight getting inside the venue, bin bags over the windows seemed to work fine many years ago at many venues.........believe me mate it knackers the event anytime past 04.00am..........please!!

Social source share

Any chance you could do something about the early morning daylight getting inside the venue, bin bags over the windows seemed to work fine many years ago at many venues.........believe me mate it knackers the event anytime past 04.00am..........please!!

Good call. I'll get right on it.

Social source share

Kev can I urge you not to do this please!

During the last Stoke one of the ladies I was talking to burst into flames and I was left looking at a pile of Vampire dust, lucky escape!

sexy-female-vampire-costume.jpg

Social source share

interest in what your mates resturant ? didnt you play cd's last time??

I host a Dinner type do on the first Thursday of the month. That particular clientele is looking for Hits and laidback stuff, hence the audience have no interest in whether its on vinyl or not.

The Bank Holiday planned event is a different one. I have suggested a full vinyl only freestylin' gig. Liverpool is a cosmopolitan city with no real Northern Soul history(as in there are not 100's of do's there week in week out). Hopefully it opens up a fairly dormant territory.

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

Liverpool is a cosmopolitan city with no real Northern Soul history(as in there are not 100's of do's there week in week out). Hopefully it opens up a fairly dormant territory.

Strange realy how our 'freinds' at the other end of the East Lanc's never had any real interest in 'Northern' given nearly all the surrounding towns are real hotbeds of the music....

Perhaps a broader genre coverage may drum up some local interest.

Social source share

Guest Bogue

Just remembered....you did have that happen..so best edit that :no:

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

Guest proudlove

Kev can I urge you not to do this please!

During the last Stoke one of the ladies I was talking to burst into flames and I was left looking at a pile of Vampire dust, lucky escape!

sexy-female-vampire-costume.jpg

Simon...............if she looked like that I'd happily burst into flames with her.................

Steve.

Social source share

Guest gfarrington

Wanted Collectors and DJ's of all kinds to help with a Vinyl Freestyling session at a prestigious venue in LIVERPOOL.

This is not a typical Goldsoul gig full of 'bells n whistles', I am looking for enthusiasts to get on stage and give us a 1 hour mix of interesting stuff. We are not looking for Kings Hall floor filling.

If you fancy a day out at the Albert Dock and think you could entertain with Northern, Modern, Latin, R&B and any other sub genre that takes your fancy, either PM me or email.

Cheers,

Kev

pm'd you

Social source share

Cheers,

Kev

Give Cally a go !! He is from Birkinhead and has a FANTASTIC collection. He Plays Top rarities, RnB, Latin, obscure bits - AND HE IS A REALLY NICE BLOKE

I know cause he DJs with us at our little night in North Wales

Give Cally a go, he is a local and he has got what it takes !

Best !

Social source share

Cheers,

Kev

I love to DJ kev but i can't because i know what punters like and i don't want to spoil them,Billy.

Social source share

Hi Kev,

Just noticed Gary Farrington has posted and PM'D you. I was at the Newquay weekender last week and on Sunday Afternoon there were no DJ's there for the afternoon spots so Gary went and fetched his records down and played for around an hour and a half. Although there were not too many people in, he played a nice mixture of R & B, underplayed oldies and well known tunes which made great listening. He then had to go and get changed/sorted for the evening and left me to keep playing (using his records). I stuck with the more popular and classic oldies for another hour before the evening DJ's came on. The selection of records in his box probably sums up so many collectors/djs with a fantastic mixture of all types of tunes. As one of the scenes well known and genuine nice guys and someone local to the area, I would like to recommend that you try to find a slot for Gary on this event. It's guys like Gary (and Linda) who keep the scene going up and down the country.

Hope this neutral recommendation helps when considering your line up.

regards

Ally Mayer

Social source share

Thanks for the push Ally. I have known Gary for an age. He's one of a few who remains fairly modest about his abilities.

I will definitely be using him. He's a 'stand up guy' as De Niro would say!

As I said before, this exercise is to make me aware of collectors with DJ ability who can offer a different type of entertainment to All Singing All Dancing Weekenders etc.

Cheers Ally.

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

Cheers,

Kev

didnt gary mention the sink then with its history 'am surprised ?? plenty of intorest over the years and still is .wicked.gif:yes:

Edited by steptoe
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert