Sampler Albums

Following on from Genes thread about the Sounds Superb albums. What about other 60s and 70s albums with US rarities on them. I remember getting a copy of Funky Bottom Congregation when Herb Ward was big. Also I forgot the title but I have another RCA album with Willie Kendricks Change your ways. Wasn't Mamie Galore "No Right To Cry" on one as well.

Paul

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

can't believe you forgot Herb Ward's biggie "honest to goodness" think the mamie galore track was on a really strange compilation Doris Duke& friends I think,sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Mick

link

No thats right Mick Doris Duke & friends but not sure who her friends are as there's

no artists listed on the label or sleeve. Could be wrong here but think it was on Manhatten label ? Will have a check tonight

Social source share

can't believe you forgot Herb Ward's biggie "honest to goodness" think the mamie galore track was on a really strange compilation Doris Duke& friends I think,sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong

Mick

link

You're right about that album, I've never seen a copy - ever.

I thought Change Your Ways was on Funky Bottom Congregation but if it's not then it's on Just A Little Bit Of Soul. Blowing Up My Mind is on one of those two, as well as the aforementioned Herb Ward atrocity - in my all time top 5 worst records that one.

Social source share

You're right about that album, I've never seen a copy - ever.

I thought Change Your Ways was on Funky Bottom Congregation but if it's not then it's on Just A Little Bit Of Soul.  Blowing Up My Mind is on one of those two, as well as the aforementioned Herb Ward atrocity - in my all time top 5 worst records that one.

link

blowing up my mind and change your ways in same lp, think it is the just a little bit of soul,

mark

Social source share

This topic has brought up an old question of mine......Was the Gladys Knight track "Stranger" only available on that Motown compilation (name escapes me), i ask because an age ago someone told me it was, think the guys/girls on here will let me know.

Social source share

This topic has brought up an old question of mine......Was the Gladys Knight track "Stranger" only available on that Motown compilation (name escapes me), i ask because an age ago someone told me it was, think the guys/girls on here will let me know.

link

Dont know if The Stranger was on a compilation album Brett but its certainally on The Nitty Gritty on UK (S)TML 11135 by Gladys Knight and the Pips.

Superb track.

The Marvelettes also did a version of The Stranger on Their album Sophisticated soul but this is nowhwere near as good as the Gladys Knight version

Social source share

link

back again,brett the stranger originally came out on the "nitty gritty "album,mystery solved

Mick

Social source share

Dont know if The Stranger was on a compilation album Brett but its certainally on The Nitty Gritty on UK (S)TML 11135 by Gladys Knight and the Pips.

Superb track.

The Marvelettes also did a version of The Stranger on Their album Sophisticated soul but this is nowhwere near as good as the Gladys Knight version

link

great minds think alike

Mick

Social source share

Just got one this week,white label columbia pictures promo...

Oh no not my baby,Maxine Brown. Differant version?

Hey girl,Feddie Scott.

Up on the roof,Drifters.

Exclusively for broadcasting radio and tv,including chains,the Beatles not one of

there best,the theme is Goffin & King.

How much?...50p

Social source share

Great news Ken, there is a beat up old shop in my City that sells books and records.....always pick things up that cheap that the owner only accepts "Old Money". ph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert