Uk Tamla Motown Demo

sold my uk tmg demo copy of this on e bay a few months ago for around £18, but noticed this on e bay think the seller thinks its either worth mega money.or hes just trying to rip some poor punter off. have a look how much effort hes put into the ad https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TAMLA-DEMO-TMG855-GLADYS-KNIGHT-PIPS-NEITHER-ONE-US-/390189752601?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Records&hash=item5ad91f2119

Social source share

• Replies 28
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest JIM BARRY

sold my uk tmg demo copy of this on e bay a few months ago for around £18, but noticed this on e bay think the seller thinks its either worth mega money.or hes just trying to rip some poor punter off. have a look how much effort hes put into the ad https://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item5ad91f2119

i can't believe he spent so much time onthe advertisingohmy.gif

Social source share

sold my uk tmg demo copy of this on e bay a few months ago for around £18, but noticed this on e bay think the seller thinks its either worth mega money.or hes just trying to rip some poor punter off. have a look how much effort hes put into the ad https://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item5ad91f2119

Unbelievable this guy as 312 records on Ebay and everyone as a write up and description including an autobiography of the record and how how it came about, the research alone must taken forever !

The bulk of which are between £5 - £10 - Give the Guy a Trophy ! hatsoff2.gif

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif HI ALL. This is my copy and you have had 2 copys that mean there are 246 un accounted for?

yes.gif I Don't ask for much but we have a Duty to the the ebay member, and to reasure the public, that the record TMG 855 has been correctly described. as I for the record call him Bill Shakespiar nfa, Don't believe him. However if he is proved right I will put up my copy framed with BILL'S own words on the sales section of Soul Source (any money raised will go to the dthedrug "not only but more than Skin Deep Vol20 © dtheddrug & "more than Skin Deep 2009..ph34r.gif DAVE(Keeps it in his skyrocket) kil

post-13241-12730528008221_thumb.jpg

Social source share

You lot need to get a life, just because it ain't a dancer doesn't mean it isn't as collectable to someone and a tenner ain't that bad a price for a Motown demo, christ we pay a tenner for a new release. The guy has feedback of over 10,000 so he is doing something right, plus he can sell it for what he likes.

Social source share

If it sells for the tenner, I guess you will be the one that has ripped someone off.rolleyes.gif

Social source share

You lot need to get a life, just because it ain't a dancer doesn't mean it isn't as collectable to someone and a tenner ain't that bad a price for a Motown demo, christ we pay a tenner for a new release. The guy has feedback of over 10,000 so he is doing something right, plus he can sell it for what he likes.

It's nothing to do with the record, it's to do with his description, it's f*cking annoying

Social source share

re: rockingeric - his packaging is rubbish too - bought a (genuinely very rare!) record from him for about 200 quid and it was just packaged in some folded card together with a couple of worthless pop 45s (pretty pointless as extra packaging).

Social source share

Guest moggy

laugh.giflaugh.gifIve just read the write up on the record, jeeeezz he must have some time on his hands,

but hey I cant fault his enthusiasm biggrin.gif the only suprise is his starting bid, with a dossier like that I was kinda expecting a Frank Wilson type starter biggrin.gif and as for you Smithy, live and let live Victor tongue.gif

Edited by moggy
Social source share

Haven't a clue who he is, it's just the way people get upset on here over a record on ebay is unbelievable.wink.gif

Nobody's getting upset buddy !

Its a disscusion about an Ebay seller and how he describes is records in such detail !

Nothing else ! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Nobody's getting upset buddy !

Its a disscusion about an Ebay seller and how he describes is records in such detail !

Nothing else ! thumbsup.gif

Yes I know that but would you be talking about his detail if it was a 1K+ record or would the discussion be the opposite in saying how detailed he had covered all our questions regarding this rare one of a handful 45.

To a lot people the TMG 45 demo is a rare record and want to read that info, I know from some of the questions I get asked on my ebay sales, that potential bidders ask the most simple questions, so I guess he's just trying to cover all the angles along with some sales hype, we know better so ignore it, instead of trying always to be the higher us, we're not as some of the question I see getting asked on SS prove at times, we know what we know and no more.

Social source share

Yes I know that but would you be talking about his detail if it was a 1K+ record or would the discussion be the opposite in saying how detailed he had covered all our questions regarding this rare one of a handful 45.

To a lot people the TMG 45 demo is a rare record and want to read that info, I know from some of the questions I get asked on my ebay sales, that potential bidders ask the most simple questions, so I guess he's just trying to cover all the angles along with some sales hype, we know better so ignore it, instead of trying always to be the higher us, we're not as some of the question I see getting asked on SS prove at times, we know what we know and no more.

yes but if you look at his listing he constantly repeats what hes already typedlaugh.gif

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Is it just me, or does he sound like an allnighter goer at around 3 in the morning who for some reason best known to the chemist is still wide awake?

Social source share

Guest Dante

you would not want directions off him if lost you might be there for daysyes.gif

:thumbsup::lol::huh:

Prolly he just retired. In two years time he'll be telling a nickle's story to a cashier.

Social source share

:lol::huh::lol:

Prolly he just retired. In two years time he'll be telling a nickle's story to a cashier.

The GK 45 is not alone in having the attached " sales pitch " , as he applies similar ones to his other listings .

I would have loved to have seen his schoolwork : I bet the teacher used to dread him handing it in :thumbsup:

Malc Burton

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

e mailed him asking how rare this record really is, here is his reply

WELL PETE, WHEN DID YOU LAST SEE A COPY AS A DEMO AND JUST HOW MANY UK

TAMLA DEMOS OF THE EARLY 1970s TURN UP ON EBAY IN 2010? ANYWAY IT HAS A £10

START WHICH HAS TO BE WORTH THAT TO AT LEAST ONE FAN SOMEWHERE IN THE

WORLD!!! IT MAYBE THE B SIDE ON THE DEMO IS DIFFERENT TO THE ISSUE BUT I

HAVE YET TO FIND ONE TO CHECK. ERIC

-rockingeric

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

yes but if you look at his listing he constantly repeats what hes already typedlaugh.gif

When you list loads as he does, he most probably hit the sell similar button which is what I do and then just changes what you have to for the next record, so he doesn't actually re-type all of it.

Social source share

Unbelievable this guy as 312 records on Ebay and everyone as a write up and description including an autobiography of the record and how how it came about, the research alone must taken forever !

The bulk of which are between £5 - £10 - Give the Guy a Trophy ! hatsoff2.gif

Descriptions like that are intended for the search engines.

Waste of time really as Google takes about 7 days to pick it up and index it; by then the item has finished.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert