Most active in this topic

had a sh*te stay at home and wish hadn't weekend myself

anyone out there like to pass on just how good there weekend wassoul wise

events that fullfiulled

sounds that left a mark

laughs that still laughing about

you know the score thumbsup.gif

If it's any consolation to you;

we had no money for the entire weeknd, including yesterday and today because although I took a lot on friday, I can't access it til tomorrow.

Because it was raining all day, we spent the bank holiday walking around the merry hill shopping centre window shopping .

Social source share

If it's any consolation to you;

we had no money for the entire weeknd, including yesterday and today because although I took a lot on friday, I can't access it til tomorrow.

Because it was raining all day, we spent the bank holiday walking around the merry hill shopping centre window shopping .

Me too sad.gif Havn`t been into the outside world for 12 days no.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Been getting my house together ready to go back on the market. Spent the weekend up to my pits in cleaning, this and scraping that products.

I had the estate agent in at lunchtime today, and he says , I'd paint a few of the rooms. LOL.

So its the same again this weekend. Which means no Gloucester all nighter for me.

Gutted.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

get a grip you lot lol

at least your healthy enough to go out !

felt so bad this week i can hardly walk and my sick pay aint enough to go out even if i could

so stop moaningthumbsup.gif

i lost my job last friday, but it didnt stop me having a boozey wkend lollaugh.giflaugh.gif hic

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

I am sorry to hear so many tales of woe.

But i went to Grosvenor rooms all dayer on Sunday,and boy am i glad i did.

As i can honestly say it was probably the best all dayer i have ever been to,

and thats going back 30 odd years.

The venue and atmosphere was just right,it was an absolute packer.

Music and Djs were great and people so very friendly,

even quite a few youngster there.

It was also for a good cause.

So i cannot fault it in anyway.

Stu.

Social source share

Been getting my house together ready to go back on the market. Spent the weekend up to my pits in cleaning, this and scraping that products.

I had the estate agent in at lunchtime today, and he says , I'd paint a few of the rooms. LOL.

So its the same again this weekend. Which means no Gloucester all nighter for me.

Gutted.

Sorry about that Mike, hoped to see you there, I'm coming up with Dave Greenhill.

Social source share

I am sorry to hear so many tales of woe.

But i went to Grosvenor rooms all dayer on Sunday,and boy am i glad i did.

As i can honestly say it was probably the best all dayer i have ever been to,

and thats going back 30 odd years.

The venue and atmosphere was just right,it was an absolute packer.

Music and Djs were great and people so very friendly,

even quite a few youngster there.

It was also for a good cause.

So i cannot fault it in anyway.

Stu.

thats better

seeing someone had a better weekend than melaugh.gif

what else out there soul wise ticked all the boxes?

Social source share

come on people help me out

:laugh:

Left work on friday evening bang on 5pm (had taken a change of clothes to work) and got to London Bridge by 6.15.....met a few friends in pub in Borough Market...after a quick one into an Italian restaurant for food and drink before a bus ride to Solid Hit Soul. A cracking night ...so good i missed my last train home and ended up in a travel lodge for the night:hatsoff2: ..... took me until Monday morning to recover!!!!!!

great crowd in SHS and fantastic uptempo 60s Northern Soul...guest DJ Rob Smith was brill....

Social source share

go go children on saturday..top nite with des parker ,full dancefloor most of the night with a couple dozen left wanting more at the end,checkout the review in events....then pete robinsons memorial niter on sunday another great nite left at 6 to drive home,spent all monday on the sofa....and thats after djing a 2 1/2 hour set at a britpop/indie night in bristol on friday till 230....just done a days work driving around the sw and now im f*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...but not complaining...roll on friday for the gloucester allniter:D

dean

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Sorry about that Mike, hoped to see you there, I'm coming up with Dave Greenhill.

Was planning to spend most of this one upstairs with you guys as well.

I hear its going to be warm, so at least I can congratulate myself at not having to see Dave's knees yes.gif

Social source share

thats better

seeing someone had a better weekend than melaugh.gif

what else out there soul wise ticked all the boxes?

Played a gig @ a beach party in Ibiza on Friday night (George from Nightmares On Wax's 40th Birthday Party) and it was the greatest gig I've done in 40 years. Seeing a bar and a beach full of people dancing to the FuTuRo re-edit of Marvin's "What's Going On" @ 10.00pm on a beautiful warm night in Ibiza with a brilliant crowd who were totally up for it takes some beating in my book..............it's all downhill from here LOL....

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

went to drax friday and the place was packed ,heard a bit of everything and got hammered

managed a ride to town on my scoot saturday morning ,pottered about in the garden rest of the day.

our dear friends from tother side of penines sharon and bernie aka jack n vera came saturday evening to stay and we went to local pub with some other good friends saturday night . took part in the quiz ,had a great chillout night and got hammered again.

went to metrodome ont scoots sunday morning to help set up for the night with team tarn only to be told that our good friend steve (yocky) had been taken to hospital with chest pains , this shocking news put a bit of a damper on things but after talkin to joy and heard he was ill but ok , we assured them that the show would go on,we set up the room and sound systems as per usual and went home somewhat subdued, got to the metro dome early and angie , jean and val set up on the door , met nel and johnny redpants and a few more early arrivals , helped out on the door most of the night , running erands etc and meeting faces old and new many had heard about steve and were anxious for news and some were hearing about it first time , managed to get in both rooms and everything seemed ok and the night flew by in a whirl and went really quick for me ,didnt drink that much but enjoyed it immensly and was thoroughly worn out.

had a lazy day monday weather not too good said goodbye to jack n vera and spent the rest of the day watchin crappy tv.

cheers b

Edited by barney
Social source share

Was in Bamberg at Soul Shakers Weekender! Soul Sam's selections at 4 am on sunday morning were just phenomenal, a big atmospheric room packed with 400+ people (mostly under 30) dancing as happy as they could be! not that i heard a bad track throughout the whole weekend, all in all the whole "Bamberg Experience" was simply unbeatable! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Out on Friday at "Solid Hit Soul", Saturday at "Go Go Children", Sunday at "Marrs Bar". All different in style, but similar in that they were ALL busy, and ALL brilliant in their own way - NO DOOM & GLOOM in my weekend (apart from only having 11 Hours sleep over the 3 nights)

Des Parker

Social source share

Had a reasonably quiet weekend for me, as Im back to Iraq this weekend, however, went round Disco Daves Friday night with a mit full of records to play him, he had some for my listening pleasure too, so had a great night catching up & listening to tunes.

Sunday was the Brighton Beach Nighter & I was spinning a few int Modern Room................Deejaying recently hasnt been that satisfying for me for one reason or another, but fcuk me Sunday restored my faith.............the room had been quiet altho Guy Hennigan had treated us to some superb funky 7ts dancers to die for, Tim Smithers bought on more of the same, many totally unknown to me, but quality all the way............then I was up, as usual I was hoping to play 7ts thru to recent releases & as the room was quiet thought I would almost be playing for Jenny & a couple of mates, first record went on.......wooooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the place went up, people thronged down from the Main Room (???) filled the place right up & they danced like there was no tomorrow WOW what an atmosphere, someone said that after I dropped the first tune, one of the Northampton crowd went round upstairs to spread the word, dunno really, but one of the most satisfying sets of records I've dropped in a long time.

The rest of the night was brilliant too, great sets from Tim Smithers, Guy, Steve Mac etc upstairs & again, a strange phenomenam (spelling !), all were determined to play a few of thier tunes which would be unknown to nearly all there & you would think this would have killed the room, did it fcuk, it fuelled it !!!......................so we ended up with a rammed Main Room, dancing to a fantastic balance of lesser known & known tunes, with a full dance floor right to the final record..........bloody hell, what more could you ask for & less than an hours drive for me too,.................................................. still buzzing.

Russ

Social source share

Had a reasonably quiet weekend for me, as Im back to Iraq this weekend, however, went round Disco Daves Friday night with a mit full of records to play him, he had some for my listening pleasure too, so had a great night catching up & listening to tunes.

Sunday was the Brighton Beach Nighter & I was spinning a few int Modern Room................Deejaying recently hasnt been that satisfying for me for one reason or another, but fcuk me Sunday restored my faith.............the room had been quiet altho Guy Hennigan had treated us to some superb funky 7ts dancers to die for, Tim Smithers bought on more of the same, many totally unknown to me, but quality all the way............then I was up, as usual I was hoping to play 7ts thru to recent releases & as the room was quiet thought I would almost be playing for Jenny & a couple of mates, first record went on.......wooooooooooooooooooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the place went up, people thronged down from the Main Room (???) filled the place right up & they danced like there was no tomorrow WOW what an atmosphere, someone said that after I dropped the first tune, one of the Northampton crowd went round upstairs to spread the word, dunno really, but one of the most satisfying sets of records I've dropped in a long time.

The rest of the night was brilliant too, great sets from Tim Smithers, Guy, Steve Mac etc upstairs & again, a strange phenomenam (spelling !), all were determined to play a few of thier tunes which would be unknown to nearly all there & you would think this would have killed the room, did it fcuk, it fuelled it !!!......................so we ended up with a rammed Main Room, dancing to a fantastic balance of lesser known & known tunes, with a full dance floor right to the final record..........bloody hell, what more could you ask for & less than an hours drive for me too,.................................................. still buzzing.

Russ

where did you drop em russ:laugh: playlist then?

Social source share

Not the blowing the trumpet of our night, but the weekend started off with a bang for me at our Yorks Vs Lancs special!!

We've had so much sh*t from the management of the venue where we host That Driving Beat, it was really nice to shove it royally up their a*se sideways with a packed house and busy bar.

Mixed crowd (mainly soulies but of all ages), top DJ's all on form (especially Ady, his spot blew me away), great sounds and top atmosphere.

If they boot us out, it won't have been for the want of trying and at least we'll go out with a bang.

The only thing to top it off would've been a Yorkshire win.........a draw was a fair result though

Azza

Social source share

come on people help me out

laugh.gif

MIKE ONLY JUST READ THIS UN HAVE TO LAUGHT .. was gonna go to bury town hall friday ,,,,but didn,t then was thinkin of going to bangor weslsh cup final but didnt ..then almost went dublin... but didn,t ended up going to the scooter do in llanudno 3 do ` on there the same bloody nite 200 yards from your gaff mate ,,,,,new i should ave rung you

SORRY STEVE T :hatsoff2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert