Guiness Label Listing

• Replies 10
  • Views 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Has anyone got a full discography for the Guiness label.

Just the original U.S. releases, not the Jap re-issues

Thanks

Dave

Got this off the web a while back,but it has this statement so i have not posted it on here but here`s the link to the web page.

"This is an informational list, these records are not for sale. Discography copyright © 2003-2010 by Robert Plante, may not be reproduced without permission. All rights reserved."

https://forbiddeneye.com/labels/guinness.html

Dave f.................

Social source share

Got this off the web a while back,but it has this statement so i have not posted it on here but here`s the link to the web page.

"This is an informational list, these records are not for sale. Discography copyright © 2003-2010 by Robert Plante, may not be reproduced without permission. All rights reserved."

https://forbiddeneye....s/guinness.html

Dave f.................

Interesting point that. The web page might well be subject to copyright, but there is no way a discography can be subject to copyright because it's just a list of factual information. A comparison would be if you listed the England team, and said it was copyrighted to you. That would mean no other newspaper, website, or any other sort of media would be able to list the England team.

Social source share

As you say Dave, you cannot copyright such a list. What you can protect is the presentation and format of it, but only if that were sufficiently unique or novel.

On the other hand, if listings are sufficiently large and detailed enough, and as such represents a unique source of collected information, then it could be classified as a database and thus subject to copyright protection. yes.gif

Social source share

Interesting point that. The web page might well be subject to copyright, but there is no way a discography can be subject to copyright because it's just a list of factual information. A comparison would be if you listed the England team, and said it was copyrighted to you. That would mean no other newspaper, website, or any other sort of media would be able to list the England team.

Dave your far more knowledgeable than me in this area,so i was being safe rather than sorry wink.gif:thumbsup:

Dave f.........

Social source share

As you say Dave, you cannot copyright such a list. What you can protect is the presentation and format of it, but only if that were sufficiently unique or novel.

On the other hand, if listings are sufficiently large and detailed enough, and as such represents a unique source of collected information, then it could be classified as a database and thus subject to copyright protection. :thumbsup:

Oh I agree entirely, that's why I said the web page might be subject to copyright, and I agree with your second point as well.

This is the copyright statement on Soulful Kinda Music........

Copyright Statement

I've been advised that I should have a proper copyright statement on the site to protect the work I've put into it.

I've thought about it, and decided that the following will be the copyright statement.

This website is about Soul music. About the sharing of knowledge so that we can all learn more about the music and the artists we love. If you want to use any of the information contained on this website, please do. The only thing I would ask is that you credit this website as the source of your information.

That should just about cover it.

Dave.

yes.gifyes.gif:D :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert