The Puzzles

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ALWAYS THOUGHT THE PUZZLES LATER BECAME THE FATBACK BAND!!

ANY CONFIRMATION ON THAT!!

MAX..

Not sure about the Fat back connection but they were on Fatback records same as Gerry & Paul 'The Catwalk' who I have been told were original Fatback.

My Sweet Baby is a regular play for me also Ady has been playing this early doors down the 100club for a while now.

THE PUZZLES - MY SWEET BABY -

Kev

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

ALWAYS THOUGHT THE PUZZLES LATER BECAME THE FATBACK BAND!!

ANY CONFIRMATION ON THAT!!

MAX..

Weren't the Fatback Band the house band for Fatback? Bill Curtis was a writer and producer at Fatback. The Fatback Band we know were formed in 1970 by Bill Curtis and originally just called Fatback. I've got one of their 1978 recordings on Spring, where they just call themselves Fatback. Same group as The Fatback Band as it's a Bill Curtis production.

It doesn't look like they ever recorded on the Fatback label though as Fatback or The Fatback Band, just Spring and Cotillion amongst others.

The Fatback Band

Sonbert, Fatback was a New York label. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

Weren't the Fatback Band the house band for Fatback? Bill Curtis was a writer and producer at Fatback. The Fatback Band we know were formed in 1970 by Bill Curtis and originally just called Fatback. I've got one of their 1978 recordings on Spring, where they just call themselves Fatback. Same group as The Fatback Band as it's a Bill Curtis production.

It doesn't look like they ever recorded on the Fatback label though as Fatback or The Fatback Band, just Spring and Cotillion amongst others.

The Fatback Band

Sonbert, Fatback was a New York label. thumbsup.gif

Also recorded on Event records.

Kev

Social source share

Not sure about the Fat back connection but they were on Fatback records same as Gerry & Paul 'The Catwalk' who I have been told were original Fatback.

My Sweet Baby is a regular play for me also Ady has been playing this early doors down the 100club for a while now.

THE PUZZLES - MY SWEET BABY -

Kev

crackin double sider that!

Fat Back records were based in St Albans New York and as ya said bout Gerry and Paul's Catwalk.

"Gerry" was Gerry Thomas who I think was keyboard player in the Fatback band. Bill Curtis who put fatback band together...did he own Fat Back records??

steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert