Behind The Scenes At Northern Soul The Film Clip

Mike

• Replies 27
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Nice pair of lads, spoke very eloquently and they certainly sounded respectful, can't help but like them and they seamed genuinely interested in what they are doing rather than an actors clinical distant approach.

The shirts look great and I am impressed that they both seamed to have enjoyed and embraced the parts.

Wouldn't it be great to have a Quadrophenia Type Northernsoul Revival?

"I think I may wear my baggies again"

Social source share

Agree Simon, respectful chaps. Good to see their honesty too.

Hopefully the education they get from the likes of Keb, Ady and co can come across in their performance (not just the moves but the passion etc), particularly any dance scenes. I know Keb and a pal of mine worked hard with the lead actor on the other film and from the word go he showed a similar appetite to learn and reverence towards the northern soul movement from back in the day through to now.

Looks like an interesting project this, and one im sure will have a lot of discussion about on here.

Lets see how things progress.

Might go check those gingham shirts out on the website, see if they do soul sourcer discount :rolleyes:

Azza

Edited by LilJimmyCrank
Social source share

Anyone bought one of these Brutus shirts?

https://www.brutus-trimfit.com/

They claim to have captured the fit/feel of the 60's originals.

And the pictures look good.

But would be interested to know from first hand.

MB

Yeh, they've done a good job. However, they are the original trimmfit so be careful on sizing.

My lads got the tartan check and it looks nice but he's 18 and trim build - No Brutus pour moi I'm afraid!

Greg.

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Looks interesting thumbsup.gif

That Elliot chap reminds me of a younger Byrney :ph34r:

Nah - when I was that age I had a tash :ohmy::ph34r:

Does look interesting, directed by a lady who knows here soul :yes:

Social source share

Guest Dante

Looks nice. Although I think a couple of people will get mad if this goes well and starts a Quadrophenia style revival thing as ImberBoy said.

So, what nighter did that lad go to?

Social source share

guaranteed this film will be great. Director not only knows her soul, but also is a great filmmaker. I've seen her short film set in the 70s and she's really good about capturing an era. She also did that Moloko music vid (

) with great northern dancing in it. I've seen some of this new film and looks amazing! This will blow that rubbish Soul Boy (or whatever its called) out of the water!!!
Social source share

guaranteed this film will be great. Director not only knows her soul, but also is a great filmmaker. I've seen her short film set in the 70s and she's really good about capturing an era. She also did that Moloko music vid (

) with great northern dancing in it. I've seen some of this new film and looks amazing! This will blow that rubbish Soul Boy (or whatever its called) out of the water!!!

With 2 films coming out you will have so many people looking to compare them..... Its gonna be of interest we will see many viewpoints posted on soul source for sure rolleyes.gif

Bring them on, bring them on.... :lol:

Social source share

Moloko - Familiar Feeling

Mega pop vid, some great research but a few mistakes?

In the vid our heroine R³is­n Murphy, is polishing a pair of shoes, how fookin big are they! They look a size 14!

Also in the vid we see R³is­n sat on the bog putting on her lippy and generally passing the time whilst singing into the camera, I'd like to see her do that a say Bidds!!! She'd fookin pass out!

Social source share

This is a great film project and , at last, done by someone from the scene, with people who know the score....these dancers and actors have gone out to learn about the scene, to dance and to know the music.

Great script too!

Gonna be a big thing!yes.gif

Social source share

Her husband is a pretty good DJ as well! :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

So why is this film acceptable and the other not acceptable, seeing as nobody has seen either of them?

Bit like the dance class controversy from a few months back isn;'t it? Dance classes are a joke...oh, unless they're done by someone you know...

Social source share

So why is this film acceptable and the other not acceptable, seeing as nobody has seen either of them?

Bit like the dance class controversy from a few months back isn;'t it? Dance classes are a joke...oh, unless they're done by someone you know...

I guess cos its been 10 years in its meticulous and soulful planning and its done by somebody FROM the scene who cares passionately about getting it right.

Pete. I think maybe your own dancing is a joke, but these guys have achieved continuity by practicing , listening to the music, going to clubs and embracing the scene for a year before filming. Thats how you get an authentic feel and look, as opposed to getting a load of young actors together (obviously cant use the origanal dancers WAY TOO OLD) on the day and teaching them to dance in a hurry. These guys can REALLY dance, believe me and a couple are way better than most of the old Wigan dancers.

Hope that answers you question.

Social source share

Paul, some of the actors in the other film learnt for months and months with some well respected dancers on the scene too. They also attended events on nighter calender. Whilst it may not have been for the duration these guys did, I don't think it's fair to dismiss the efforts put in by some of the actors on the other film.

Agree with you on your other points though and hope the maticulous planning comes to fruition in what hopefully will be a fantastic end product.

Not much insight into storyline yet though?? Anyone got a rough outline?

Social source share

I'm a very good dancer actually Paul. Not that I do much nowadays.

And between the sheets looking at your avatar... :rolleyes:

Not sure about a few things with regards to this film mate... I don't think Elaine or the crew will be on here like the other lot were.... I think they have learnt a lesson from that epic..... :laugh:

Social source share

Paul, some of the actors in the other film learnt for months and months with some well respected dancers on the scene too. They also attended events on nighter calender. Whilst it may not have been for the duration these guys did, I don't think it's fair to dismiss the efforts put in by some of the actors on the other film.

Agree with you on your other points though and hope the maticulous planning comes to fruition in what hopefully will be a fantastic end product.

Not much insight into storyline yet though?? Anyone got a rough outline?

Hi mate, wasn't knocking the dancers in the other film, just saying that the alternative to not having Dance Classes/ School, is to make it up on the day and that has failed in the past. Its GREAT script, absolutely BANG ON! I guess thats because its done by someone whos seen and done it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert