Willie Tee's Rarest On Ebay Last Week

Tommaso

• Replies 21
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

VERY NICE THAT, NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE, PARTICULARLY LIKE THE YOU GONNA PAY SOME DUES SIDE. THINK IT'LL PROBABLY SCRUB UP QUITE WELL AND SOMEONE GOT THEMSELVES A BARGAIN, CRACK OR NO CRACK thumbsup.gif

BRI PINCH.

Neil Rushton is selling a comp album on here withh all his goodies on including those 2 tracksthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Stunned!

Been a major want for years!

Hope a dealer got it!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Discussed at length a few months back regarding Butch /Andy Dyson spin

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/124145-willie-tee-you-gonna-pay-some-dues/page__p__1268994__hl__willie%20tee__fromsearch__1entry1268994

Once again a rarity versus quality making collectors drool ....ffs he's done far better that this ....it sounds like he's just been asked to make up some words to a tune on the spur of the moment in a jazz club...get over yourself boys biggrin.gif

Social source share

I've got to disagree with that Nev.. I think this is a bloody fantastic record, and I'd like one if it was in my range!

Butch played it in Milan and it had everybody dancing to it, and 90% of the people attending the night definitely don't know value of soul records!Got to say I like most of his stuff anyway.

I'm not sure this is a bargain anyway, it can't be played out for sure!!

Social source share

ffs he's done far better that this ....it sounds like he's just been asked to make up some words to a tune on the spur of the moment in a jazz club...get over yourself boys biggrin.gif

You're right Nev, he has done far better than this, but an average Willie Tee record is still better than most out there... and for years I've collected everything I can by the man...

...and I'm still looking! :lol:

:yes:

Sean

Social source share

I've got to disagree with that Nev.. I think this is a bloody fantastic record, and I'd like one if it was in my range!

Butch played it in Milan and it had everybody dancing to it, and 90% of the people attending the night definitely don't know value of soul records!Got to say I like most of his stuff anyway.

I'm not sure this is a bargain anyway, it can't be played out for sure!!

Sorry Tomasso .....i must confess ,i was just pulling a leg or two when i wrote the offending remarklaugh.gif

It was a tongue in cheek comment inspired by all the other people who seem to think it's cool to write negative comments about rare records yes.gif

Willie Tee, in my opinion, has made so many fantastic records that have benefited our scene ,infact some incredible ,timeless records that you never tire of hearing,cheap or expensive!

And if you look at the last thread that i posted a link to ,it went for £700 a few yrs back on ebay so would prob be a £1000+ set sale recordyes.gif

Social source share

Sorry Tomasso .....i must confess ,i was just pulling a leg or two when i wrote the offending remarklaugh.gif

It was a tongue in cheek comment inspired by all the other people who seem to think it's cool to write negative comments about rare records yes.gif

Willie Tee, in my opinion, has made so many fantastic records that have benefited our scene ,infact some incredible ,timeless records that you never tire of hearing,cheap or expensive!

And if you look at the last thread that i posted a link to ,it went for £700 a few yrs back on ebay so would prob be a £1000+ set sale recordyes.gif

Be sure to get the 'smilies' in the right place Nev yes.gif- that way you can seem cool writing negative comments about people who are just voicing their opinions like youyes.gifyes.gif

Social source share

Be sure to get the 'smilies' in the right place Nev yes.gif- that way you can seem cool writing negative comments about people who are just voicing their opinions like youyes.gifyes.gif

Lighten up Mike ......like i said tongue in cheek sad.gif

I merely wanted to see what it was like being on the recieving end of an ear bashing for writing a negative,even tho i REALLY DO like the record in question, and for what it's worth i'm too old to wanna try and be cool,you either like me for what i am ..if you don't then i apologise ,but im never gonna be pretentious ..EVERno.gif

Perhaps your reading it all wrong ..who knows /who cares ..

p.s i thought "cool" came and went in the 70's biggrin.gif

Social source share

:g:

Relax you guys. I realise you were having a subtle, but joking, 'pop' Nev.

But, like Mike, I don't think some folk have grasped the concept yet.

A bad record is a bad record, regardless of the price - likewise a good record is a good record, regardless of the price.

The likes of me and Mike are really only interested in the music itself... and will comment on the merits of the tune regardless.

I can honestly say I've never been turned on... or turned off by the market 'value' of a tune.

It truly is what comes out of the speakers that counts.

And all the rest is propaganda :yes:

:wave:

Sean

Social source share

biggrin.gif

Relax you guys. I realise you were having a subtle, but joking, 'pop' Nev.

But, like Mike, I don't think some folk have grasped the concept yet.

A bad record is a bad record, regardless of the price - likewise a good record is a good record, regardless of the price.

The likes of me and Mike are really only interested in the music itself... and will comment on the merits of the tune regardless.

I can honestly say I've never been turned on... or turned off by the market 'value' of a tune.

It truly is what comes out of the speakers that counts.

And all the rest is propaganda biggrin.gif

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Fully understand Sean ...i like what i like regardless of what anyone else thinks ,am open ears regardless of genre, but when it comes to buying records i like to dig out the rarities ,as long as they are sublime to my ears ...but sadly everytime i do chance upon them , they usually end up being bloody expensiveohmy.gif

P.s i don't hold any grudges but sadly Mike thought he'd use the oppertunity to make his post personalsad.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert