Simon T

• Replies 17
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

sURE IT WAS sAM PLAYED IT AT LIFELINE....BEEN A LONG LONG TIME !

PH

The story is it's a one side of an album acetate (a bit like Sy Hightower in that respect) that never came out.

Richard eventually sold it, to Colin Dilnot I think. Sam has had a carver made of it (somehow) and stuck on a Prelude label too. :thumbsup:

I am more interested in what the rest of the elpee sounds like :lol:

Steve

Social source share

I've always assumed that his last single Special Occasion was on it as it wasn't on the first LP.

Don't know if it's of interest, but here's an article from a July 1978 issue of Billboard Magazine that mentions "Space Age Lover" and "Special Occasion" (plus its b-side):

post-1392-1272960058266_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

• 3 years later...
Guest ralfmouf

Don't know if it's of interest, but here's an article from a July 1978 issue of Billboard Magazine that mentions "Space Age Lover" and "Special Occasion" (plus its b-side):

attachicon.gifbillbrandon.jpg

Hi,

I still like & would love this track & hear it on the Clifton Halls recording which was about when I went there,

But hey whoever has the PRELUDE demo album with it on will he ever allow us mere mortals the pleasure of hearing it  ? Or will he take it to his grave to be lost forever....Why not release ???????????

ALF WORKSOP NOTTS

Social source share

Guest ralfmouf

Hi,

I still like & would love this track & hear it on the Clifton Halls recording which was about when I went there,

But hey whoever has the PRELUDE demo album with it on will he ever allow us mere mortals the pleasure of hearing it  ? Or will he take it to his grave to be lost forever....Why not release ???????????

ALF WORKSOP NOTTS

Oh BTW im referring to "Space Age Lover"

ALF

Social source share

So I do believe Richard sold it to Colin D. Colin D let Sam cut a copy of it, that's how Sam has it....on a 7" done up to look like a Prelude demo.....whereas the original was an acetate LP that JA found in the US. I think the original is back with Richard now. I tried to prize it out of him a couple of years back, not a cat in hells chance.

Social source share

• 1 year later...
Guest ralfmouf

Hi Guys,

I dont know what glory there is from owning this track but I still wonder why non of them or the person who owns it never plays it ! but have they ?

ALF

Social source share

10 hours ago, ralfmouf said:

Hi Guys,

I dont know what glory there is from owning this track but I still wonder why non of them or the person who owns it never plays it ! but have they ?

ALF

Richard has played the track recently on his radio show(s).  Collecting records, like art is a personal thing, most collectors of any sort don't have their collections open to the public so why should records be any different.  I like nothing better than to hear unissued material but can fully understand why collectors don't share.

Oh and it is on one of the Stafford Story podcasts I did of Richards contribution to the venue.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert