I Believe In Miracles

Cunnie

Just been browsing through some of the recent crop of 7" vinyl releases & stumbled on this breath of fresh air by The Sunlightsquare Latin Combo.

It's (another) version of The Jackson Sisters classic I Believe In Miracles & with all the furore surrounding the Mark Capanni release I thought I'd bring it to everybody's attention on here as it's pretty dam good & so is some of the other stuff by them (IMO).

It can be bought from the Sunlightsquare site on the link below so you know your cash is going directly to the source.

Might want to check out some of their other stuff while there as it's so refreshing to see & hear real music played by real musicians like this in 2010.

https://www.sunlightsquare.co.uk/fr_home.cfm

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just been browsing through some of the recent crop of 7" vinyl releases & stumbled on this breath of fresh air by The Sunlightsquare Latin Combo.

It's (another) version of The Jackson Sisters classic I Believe In Miracles & with all the furore surrounding the Mark Capanni release I thought I'd bring it to everybody's attention on here as it's pretty dam good & so is some of the other stuff by them (IMO).

It can be bought from the Sunlightsquare site on the link below so you know your cash is going directly to the source.

Might want to check out some of their other stuff while there as it's so refreshing to see & hear real music played by real musicians like this in 2010.

https://www.sunlights....uk/fr_home.cfm

Martin.

We are split in our house with this..

I like it, Lou thinks it sounds like a world cup song.

Dave.

Social source share

Guest rosemary

Martin.

We are split in our house with this..

I like it, Lou thinks it sounds like a world cup song.

Dave.

that is so funny Loulaugh.gif.....you've made me laugh. I agree sounds like a world cup song.....but I do love the original record and we'd play it often at home.

xx

Social source share

https://www.sunlightsquare.co.uk/fr_home.cfm

Thanks for the tip,this i great i just ordered one off there site,the other ones sound a bit tired now :yes::thumbsup:

Dave f...........

Social source share

Thanks for the tip,this i great i just ordered one off there site,the other ones sound a bit tired now wink.gifsmile.gif

Dave f...........

Not a bad latin soul record (more salsa than latin) latin salsa.............it's the new northern soul!! and your a dinosaur listening to the top 500 if you don't like it.Northern soul reggae was sooooo last week.

post-18577-12724761871859.jpg

Social source share

Sounds better in a full room of dancers than offa keyboard. :thumbsup:

Sorry guys, the only way that would sound any good to me is if the room full of dancers were bikini clad nubiles... in custard.

Which I very much doubt we'd find anywhere near Mansfield. :lol:

I'm with Rob.

It's an assault on the ears.

Music for deaf people.

Adding it now to my list of 'pet hate' records.

:yes:

Sean

Social source share

Sorry guys, the only way that would sound any good to me is if the room full of dancers were bikini clad nubiles... in custard.

Which I very much doubt we'd find anywhere near Mansfield. :unsure:

I'm with Rob.

Music for deaf people.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

The vocal doesn't do it for me, but the instrumental is very good.... are you sure you listened to the right track ???

Otherwise, each to their own, but surprising for one so enlightened..:huh:

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I'm with Rob.

Music for deaf people.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Music for deaf people :laugh::laugh:

Them bikini clad nubiles in custard sound tasty though, deaf or not :yes:

Social source share

Bloody hell, no sitting on the fence with this one is there.

Bit like Marmite!

As for the world cup theme comments I might just give it a spin at Mr Wigleys Bridlington weekender in the middle of the world cup but until then I'll hide it behind my Florescent Smogg if Sean comes for tea:laugh:

Anyway thanks for all the comments so far both positive & negative.

Social source share

Which I very much doubt we'd find anywhere near Mansfield. :yes:

I'm with Rob.

Music for deaf people.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Sean i find this hard to believe after i saw you getting down to Gavins Jazz/Latin set at Soul Essence,or was that getting down behind the bar :lol::lol:

Dave f.......

Social source share

The vocal doesn't do it for me, but the instrumental is very good.... are you sure you listened to the right track ???

Otherwise, each to their own, but surprising for one so enlightened..huh.gif

Surprised that you're surprised Cliff.

I don't like crap vocals.

And there's too many good vocal records out there to waste my time (or dosh) on instrumentals.

If I'm honest... I no longer believe in Miracles.

Especially since hearing this... and the Mark bloody Cappani version :yes:

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I'm with Rob.

Music for deaf people.

thumbsup.gif

Sean

I believe this has been covered up as Murph & the MagicTones:smile:

Social source share

No blinkered Dave-just like SOUL MUSIC-I think this record came out of the other end of said horse in picturelaugh.gif

rob

hello Cliff -thicko here --where's the instrumental hiding-/ link preez-i want to play along with it on my toy "Tijuana trumpet" to annoy

Mr Dixonlaugh.gif

Rob

Social source share

No blinkered Dave-just like SOUL MUSIC-I think this record came out of the other end of said horse in picturelaugh.gif

rob

:rolleyes: Rob horses for courses Mate,i agree the vocal is pants,but i like the Inst side,but if we all liked the same thing i guess

there would not be the all nighter thread thats going on now,as we would all live happy under the same roof and not moan about anything (yeah right) wink.gif:thumbsup::thumbsup:

atb

Dave f.................

Social source share

No blinkered Dave-just like SOUL MUSIC-I think this record came out of the other end of said horse in picture:laugh:

rob

It's not a intended to be soul record Rob.... it's JAZZ :rolleyes:

Some of us have extended boundaries :wink:

If there's one thing that Soul Source has made us all painfully aware of, it's diversity of taste....

Anyway, those good people at Sunlight are pretty damned fast, ordered yesterday, arrived this morning... :thumbup:

BTW... completely agree with you Sean on the Cappani version... it's awful.. :yes:

Edited by Wrongcrowd
Social source share

It's not a intended to be soul record Rob.... it's JAZZ rolleyes.gif

Some of us have extended boundaries wink.gif

If there's one thing that Soul Source has made us all painfully aware of, it's diversity of taste....

Anyway, those good people at Sunlight are pretty damned fast, ordered yesterday, arrived this morning... thumbup.gif

BTW... completely agree with you Sean on the Cappani version... it's awful.. yes.gif

Jazz-not my bag man-still cant find the link !

They must want to get rid of them fast mate if they can deliver that quick yes.giflaugh.gif

Horses for courses but I'm afraid this one is a non -starter for me

Have a tequila and enjoy

post-1887-1272626003375.jpg

Rob

post-1887-1272626003375.jpg

Social source share

Guest Dante

How can you say that Salsa isn't Jazz rolleyes.gif ... it's a bit like saying that potatoes aren't vegetables.....

It probably has its origins in Jazz. But nowadays Jamiroquai is more Jazz than any salsa artist :wave:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert