Frank Beverly

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest smudgesmith

Can anyone comment on the above i.e Genuine or bootleg ?

I know he did release other stuff on this label, but this one doesn't appear in the discographies I have seen.

Thanks

?????????????????????????????????????:thumbsup:

Social source share

Yes a boot. - Heavy Vinyl like the Connie Clark on Joker (Black label copy) etc etc cannot remeber exactly when they were done but probably around 75/76 Pete Smith will be able to confirm!

Still love the record though and have played it out once in a while! Wouldnt mind a nice Sassy white demo!

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Just wondering what's the definition of a "good boot"

Anyone ??????

One thats not played out ?????laugh.gif

Here's a good boot

Social source share

Can anyone comment on the above i.e Genuine or bootleg ?

I know he did release other stuff on this label, but this one doesn't appear in the discographies I have seen.

Thanks

Hi Steve, If it's black label Liberty Bell with silver writing it's an early 7o's boot (late 60's) I had one of these in a sales box when you took the white Sassy demo!! Best wishes John.

Social source share

Guest mel brat

"..cannot remeber exactly when they were done but probably around 75/76 Pete Smith will be able to confirm!

These were actually the first bootlegs of Frank Beverly, from late 1973 I think, about the time of "Ten Miles High" etc..

(A "good boot" is one to be given up the backside to the likes of Simon Soussan & Co.!)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

These were actually the first bootlegs of Frank Beverly, from late 1973 I think, about the time of "Ten Miles High" etc..

(A "good boot" is one to be given up the backside to the likes of Simon Soussan & Co.!)

unfortunately, simon soussan was THERE when the states were an aladdin's cave, the kid in the proverbial sweet shop who struck on the idea of making even more sweets quite illigitimately!, however he was responsible for bringing many great tunes to the wider attention of the public...and yes the quality of some of the boots were very good ( that includes the chunky vinyl he used...NEVER STYRENE and the sound quality) afterall, he had the pick of the recording studios.

with reference to liberty bell, it must have been a natural choice as the label really exists and the butlers recorded " she tried to kiss me" on the label....an absolute torch stormer!

rob.h

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert