The Holy Grail Of Lp's?

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just noticed this--a 'unreleased' album on President. Am not familiar with any of the tracks on it

Anyone shed any light on this

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...0109223001r7899

Looks like it didn't sell at the £5k Jez, so the seller relisted it a week later and it sold for 50 squid!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160396355592

I've never seen it before.

Reckon I'd have paid £50 for it... had I seen it!

:D

Sean

Social source share

Just noticed this--a 'unreleased' album on President. Am not familiar with any of the tracks on it

https://cgi.ebay.co.u...0109223001r7899

Jez

Never seen the LP before & like Sean I might have bid for it second time around had I seen it. I recognise at least two of the tracks:

• Kelly Brothers - Crying Days Are Over which came out on a US label the name of which escapes me. I remember it's orange in colour and it is the label that nearly all the Kelly Brothers' songs came out on so perhaps the one on the LP's A side came out on the same label.
  • Johnny Wyatt - This Thing Called Love which came out on US Bronco - massive back in the day

Mick

Social source share

Kelly Brothers - Crying Days Are Over which came out on a US label the name of which escapes me. I remember it's orange in colour and it is the label that nearly all the Kelly Brothers' songs came out on so perhaps the one on the LP's A side came out on the same label

It's on Sims thumbsup.gif

very good rhythm'n'soul record that!

Social source share

Jez

• Kelly Brothers - Crying Days Are Over which came out on a US label the name of which escapes me. I remember it's orange in colour and it is the label that nearly all the Kelly Brothers' songs came out on so perhaps the one on the LP's A side came out on the same label.

I can't see that song on the LP (????) :thumbsup:

The 2 Kelly Brothers tracks are "Can't stand it no longer", which is on their President LP, and "You're that great big feeling".

Social source share

post-13241-12716365176829_thumb.jpghatsoff2.gif HI ALL..I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE KELLY BROTHERS LP ON PRESIDANT FO 35 YEARS PTL1019 ANYONE GOT ONE?ph34r.gif DAVE KIL.

Yeah, I've got one Dave. Took me a while but struck lucky one night at my own venue, 'The Somewhere Else Club' at the Burscough FC club house some years ago. Remember that, the infamous GBH mob consisting of Gibson, Byrne & Haw :o)

Big Mal, (remember him, wonder where he is these days?) turned up one night with his usual box of 45s plus this box of about 10 Lp's, amongst which was the very rare Kelly Brothers Lp on UK President. MINT!!! :o)

Social source share

Yeah, I've got one Dave. Took me a while but struck lucky one night at my own venue, 'The Somewhere Else Club' at the Burscough FC club house some years ago. Remember that, the infamous GBH mob consisting of Gibson, Byrne & Haw :o)

Big Mal, (remember him, wonder where he is these days?) turned up one night with his usual box of 45s plus this box of about 10 Lp's, amongst which was the very rare Kelly Brothers Lp on UK President. MINT!!! :o)

:hatsoff2: You are to lucky I dont know it's true value but at a guess it must be 100 at a min, Gibo yes Iremember him, I have @cryin days are over on SUE@ what a classic?

:ph34r: DAVE KIL.

Social source share

I have this LP, and I wonder : as it have the same cover and title, is it exactly the same as the US Excello ?

290012302947.jpg

Could you, or somebody, post up a scan of the American release Lp and I can then tell you if it's exactly the same as the UK release Lp, or not.

Social source share

Could you, or somebody, post up a scan of the American release Lp and I can then tell you if it's exactly the same as the UK release Lp, or not.

Track listing is on Soulful Kinda Music and it's exactly the same : https://www.soulfulki...llybrothers.htm

Excello 8007 - Sweet Soul - 1968

Tracks: That's What You Mean To Me / You Put Your Touch On Me / Hanging In There / Comin' On In / If That Will Hold You / Got The Feeling /// Can't Stand It No Longer / Cryin' Days Are Over / Make Me Glad / How Can True Love Be This Way / Falling In Love Again / I'd Rather Have You.

Social source share

Track listing is on Soulful Kinda Music and it's exactly the same : https://www.soulfulki...llybrothers.htm

Tracks: That's What You Mean To Me / You Put Your Touch On Me / Hanging In There / Comin' On In / If That Will Hold You / Got The Feeling /// Can't Stand It No Longer / Cryin' Days Are Over / Make Me Glad / How Can True Love Be This Way / Falling In Love Again / I'd Rather Have You.

:hatsoff2: Hi All...If this is not classed as a classic Rare Soul LP that got a UK release, then what should be in a top 50 must have UK LP listing??:ph34r: DAVE KIL (CDs NOT ALLOWED)

Social source share

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SOUND-OF-SOUL-PROMO-UNRELEASED-ALBUM-PRESIDENT-RECORDS_W0QQitemZ160393273431QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20100109?IMSfp=TL100109223001r7899

Some of the tracks on this Lp came out on the "Keep The Faith" Uk Comp Lps on "Joy Records" Vol: 1,2,& 3,

dist by President Rocords,anyone know when these came out,i`ve had these since the mid/late 70s,i have the 3 Lps but were there anymore vol`s?.

Dave f...........

Social source share

It's a scan of the front cover for the Lp that I was referring to. Anybody?

I'll do one myself when I get home at the weekend if somebody can tell me how to scan an Lp cover on a scanning machine not much bigger that an A4 sheet of paper. :rolleyes:

A photograph might have to do.

Social source share

390089157490.jpgThis always goes for a good price thumbsup.gif

Tracklisting :

1. If That Will Hold You 2. Got The Feeling 3. Can't Stand It No Longer 4. Crying Days Are Over 5. Make Me Glad 6. How Can True Love Be This Way

7. Falling In Love Again 8. I'd Rather Have You 9. My Love Grows Stronger 10. I've Got My Baby 11. You're The Most 12. You're That Great Big Feeling

Social source share

hatsoff2.gif Hi All - I can highly recomend the following rareish LPs:- the MAR.V.LUS Sound of R&B & SOUL - VA - President PTL 1002 (essential LP for soul in 69 = Tighten Ups 2/3 Motown chartbusters 1,2, & most Def #3, SOUL CITY - VA, and so many more Dthedrug Rates *****

(2) the DUCK - Jackie Lee - LONDON HAM 8336, BEspoke to the rare Soul Scene, Before it got started??? ***** (you havn't got a record collection if you ain't got this!) it is a MUST.

(3) this is BLUES - VA ISLAND PINK LABEL IWP5 this brilliant LP contains the FAB Willie Mae Thortons - TOM CAT, A Rare RECORD worth $$$$$ on 45.

(4) the RUFFIN BROTHERS - I am my Brothers KEEPER Tamla Motown STML 11176( a EXCELLANT ++ LP that includes the great - Turn Back the Hands of Time. Always a winner. ***** all the way, what do you say!ph34r.gif DAVE WHUFC WINNERS

post-13241-12722293427369.jpg

DID YOU EVER DOUBT THE EAST END SHOUT CUM ON YOU IRONS!

post-13241-12722293427369.jpg

Social source share

My current lp wants...for the only reason that matters for me 'cause i love certain tracks, may not be reare or expensive but i haven't come across them when i have had cash to buy, since starting buying again

Ron Matlock...Love City

Garry Glenn...Gary Glenn

Gregg Perry...Smokin'

Clyde Mcphatter...Welcome home

O'jays...on little star

and loads of others i once had but not yet replaced

ph

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!