Phild

• Replies 33
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Love this! Is it its first release on vinyl?

Cheers Daryl

First time on 7". I can't believe this was actually issued on one of those George Clinton & Family albums in the early 90's. Probably sold about 10 copies as it was Volume 4.....

https://www.discogs.com/Various-George-Clinton-Family-Series-Testing-Positive-4-The-Funk/release/1281978

Recorded in Detroit in '79 by all accounts. Tremendous vocal from Levi and great song - the proper title is "Love Enough To Care". Could be another "Prayin'".....?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

First time on 7". I can't believe this was actually issued on one of those George Clinton & Family albums in the early 90's. Probably sold about 10 copies as it was Volume 4.....

https://www.discogs.c...release/1281978

Recorded in Detroit in '79 by all accounts. Tremendous vocal from Levi and great song - the proper title is "Love Enough To Care". Could be another "Prayin'".....?

Ian D biggrin.gif

Cheers Ian will deffo buying the single then.

Cheers Daryl

Social source share

Guest Dante

And you heard it first here on soulsource FOUR TOPS - TO CARE - :tongue:

Nice one. Although let's hope they re mix it. It's all over the place.

Social source share

Ian D biggrin.gif

Hi Ian It says on the album that the title is 'To care', is that wrong then? Why would they put a wrong title on an album??
Social source share

Hi Ian It says on the album that the title is 'To care', is that wrong then? Why would they put a wrong title on an album??

This can and does happen. On our license agreement from the guy who wrote and produced it, and the master it says "Love Enough To Care"

Phil

Social source share

Hiya Steve,

Those albums were pretty much cobbled together from so many out-takes and unreleased sessions that the correct information probably got obscured in the process. Plus the album in question was the fourth volume so "To Care" was probably the working title that had been written on the tapes I presume.

All they had to do was listen to the track LOL. It is the chorus after all.......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

bloody superb -please put the link up on here and on the crossover thread to purchase -ive posted the soundclip link on the xover thread-this is a superb record!!!

BAZ A

Glad ya like it Baz. I couldn't believe that such a great Levi Stubbs vocal was buried away in these sessions. Apparently the Four Tops were working in the studio next door and heard the song and insisted that they do a version! I presume this was cut after they left ABC and prior to them going to Casablanca.......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Great track - Good luck with this fellas thumbsup.gif

Flanny was the first person I heard playing this. He played it at the Orwell many moons ago and me, Baz & Steve Connor all went and bought it on Vol 4 the day after! It got many a hammering after that. Think the boys at Soul in the Sun got onto it too! Cracking little dancer!

btw The LP has another version of Fantastic Four's 'Live up to what she thinks' (by Funkadelic I think?) It's surprisingly good too, although not in same league as FF orig!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Great track, although I'm biased of course because I like anything featuring Levi Stubbs.

And don't overlook the last Soul Intention single by The Superlatives. Well worth checking out and featuring the eternal favourite 'I Still Love You' on the flip side - sounding better than you've ever heard it before.

post-3850-12714353901561_thumb.jpg

post-3850-12714353901561_thumb.jpg

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Nice one. Although let's hope they re mix it. It's all over the place.

Hello Dante,

You'll be pleased to know the Soul Intention 7" will be a remixed and edited version.

Best wishes,

Paul

Social source share

Just listened to the re-edit for approval.

It is phenomenal!

It will receive it's world debut at Dewsbury Town Hall, may 1st.

Will have to be off a carver as we won't have test presses in time.

I'm overwhelmed listening to it.

Phil

Social source share

Great track - Good luck with this fellas thumbsup.gif

Flanny was the first person I heard playing this. He played it at the Orwell many moons ago and me, Baz & Steve Connor all went and bought it on Vol 4 the day after! It got many a hammering after that. Think the boys at Soul in the Sun got onto it too! Cracking little dancer!

btw The LP has another version of Fantastic Four's 'Live up to what she thinks' (by Funkadelic I think?) It's surprisingly good too, although not in same league as FF orig!

Cheers

Steve

PARLIAMENT - LIVE UP (TO WHAT SHE THINKS) -

Social source share

This got quite a few plays in London at "A New Chapter" .

The person that put me on to this (and who might have some info) was Martin Adams from the South Coast

Mark H

Glad this has finally got a 7" vinyl release,saves me keep bugging you to play this Mark:laugh:

Social source share

Just listened to the re-edit for approval.

It is phenomenal!

It will receive it's world debut at Dewsbury Town Hall, may 1st.

Will have to be off a carver as we won't have test presses in time.

I'm overwhelmed listening to it.

Phil

Glad you like it.

I played the remix to a couple of mates who popped in yesterday (Mike Lofthouse and Mike Charlton) and they both gave it the "thumbs up".

There's gonna be strong interest in this.

Edited by Paul
Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest ontheblacktop

What was "prayin"

Ian D :D What was the record "prayin"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert