The Dynamics "woe Is Me" Black Gold

I have a copy of The Dynamics "Woe is me" on Black gold 45. Someobody was raving after seeing my copy and said is was very hard to find. I must admit its always a record i look out for in the US but never can i find another copy.

Can anyoine tell me if this record is common or a toughie.....also if anyone knows the value that would be useful too.

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I have a copy of The Dynamics "Woe is me" on Black gold 45. Someobody was raving after seeing my copy and said is was very hard to find. I must admit its always a record i look out for in the US but never can i find another copy.

Can anyoine tell me if this record is common or a toughie.....also if anyone knows the value that would be useful too.

Cheers, Chris

Fairly common. It turned up in bulk in the UK in the 70's and I think it was a fairly typical Soul Pack record at the time which may explain why there's more over here then in the U.S.

I just did a search and turned up a couple for 5 euros and £5......

Ian D :D

Social source share

NOT FOUND ONE ON EBAY. COM FOR 5 YEARS OR SEEN ONE ON A UK DEALERS LIST IN THAT TIME. ITS CERTAINLY ONE OF THE RARER 45 `S ON THE LABEL BY TODAYS STANDARDS. NOT SURE WHAT DEMAND FOR THIS IS THESE DAYS THOUGH IF IT WERE PLAYED IN THE RIGHT ROOMS IT WOULD BE MORE THAN A FIVER. STOCK COPY ONLY AND THE í¢"š¬`SIDE NEVER MADE THE RNB CHARTS EITHERthumbsup.gif

DAVE

Social source share

I like the record and have one -incidently mine was actually a soul pack record from about 85 could of been rod dearlove-this record is one that id firmly put in the hit or miss category "finger in the air when it comes to price"big thumbs up on quality!! sometimes the best yardstick is peoples views and what collctors are switched on to it -the recent discussion on the webs on popside kinda highlights this !!!

BAZ A

Social source share

I like the record and have one -incidently mine was actually a soul pack record from about 85 could of been rod dearlove-this record is one that id firmly put in the hit or miss category "finger in the air when it comes to price"big thumbs up on quality!! sometimes the best yardstick is peoples views and what collctors are switched on to it -the recent discussion on the webs on popside kinda highlights this !!!

BAZ A

TOO RIGHT BAZ, LIKE THE MORE COMMON 45`S ON BIG TOP, TOP TEN AND RCA. SERIOUSLY THOUGH, THERE`S A FEW SINGLES BY THE DYNAMICS ON BLACK GOLD AND IT COULD BE EASLY LOST IN WITH THEM. EVERY TIME I LOOK FOR IT WHICH IS QUITE OFTEN( SAD REALLY) THERES LOTS OF 45`S BY THEM ON BLACK GOLD INCLUDING YOU`RE THE ONLY ONE DEMOS WHICH DONT HAVE WOE IS ME ON THE FLIP.

DAVE

Social source share

your right dave anyone got the black gold lps have one somewhere -would be good to know if woe is on? their were a quality outfit posted voyage thru the mind the other week on the crossover thread -it sounded fantastic !!!

BAZ A

TOO RIGHT BAZ, LIKE THE MORE COMMON 45`S ON BIG TOP, TOP TEN AND RCA. SERIOUSLY THOUGH, THERE`S A FEW SINGLES BY THE DYNAMICS ON BLACK GOLD AND IT COULD BE EASLY LOST IN WITH THEM. EVERY TIME I LOOK FOR IT WHICH IS QUITE OFTEN( SAD REALLY) THERES LOTS OF 45`S BY THEM ON BLACK GOLD INCLUDING YOU`RE THE ONLY ONE DEMOS WHICH DONT HAVE WOE IS ME ON THE FLIP.

DAVE

Social source share

your right dave anyone got the black gold lps have one somewhere -would be good to know if woe is on? their were a quality outfit posted voyage thru the mind the other week on the crossover thread -it sounded fantastic !!!

BAZ A

Hi Baz...it says on me 45 "from the album What A Shame" tis a crackin Ronnie Shannon tune!...as is "She's for real" another Black Gold 45 thumbsup.gif

steve

Social source share

HAD A FEELING the man of taste would appear on this -yes your right mate -shes for real is superb also as is the flip if i remember right-might get in the volts and have a scour about tonight to dig this out lol!!!

BAZ A

Hi Baz...it says on me 45 "from the album What A Shame" tis a crackin Ronnie Shannon tune!...as is "She's for real" another Black Gold 45 thumbsup.gif

steve

Social source share

Ian could you get me those copies at a fiver each please, I know a few guys who are after this record!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated but i think its a pretty hard record on 45.

So, whats it worth?

Cheers, Chris

i put in a search as soon as i saw this thread chris and came up with zero. if ian didnt buy them quickly someone else did. im not goin to price it coz its the usual story. £5 if you aint got it & £50 if you have

dave

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

Ian could you get me those copies at a fiver each please, I know a few guys who are after this record!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated but i think its a pretty hard record on 45.

So, whats it worth?

Cheers, Chris

Blimey, they disappeared quick. Must've been snapped up after you started the thread Chris. As Baz said, it was a fairly common Soul Pack record in the 70's so they'll be out there somewhere mate.

It's one of those records that I always seem to find in odd places and generally never bother picking 'em up 'cos I'm convinced there's tons of 'em out there. First copy I ever picked up was from Cheapo Cheapo for 25p but I've bumped into 100 count boxes of 'em a couple of times over the years......

It'll turn up....

Social source share

I have been looking for them in the States for a few years as i rate it highly...i have a copy and have just found a second copy, not on the net but when i was there last month. I think its a bloody hard 45 to find Ian....as has been backed up by the other posters to this thread.

Think I`ll let my mate have it...he has been looking as long as me!

Chris

Social source share

Blimey, they disappeared quick. Must've been snapped up after you started the thread Chris. As Baz said, it was a fairly common Soul Pack record in the 70's so they'll be out there somewhere mate.

It's one of those records that I always seem to find in odd places and generally never bother picking 'em up 'cos I'm convinced there's tons of 'em out there. First copy I ever picked up was from Cheapo Cheapo for 25p but I've bumped into 100 count boxes of 'em a couple of times over the years......

It'll turn up....

Ian D biggrin.gif

BUT THEN AGAIN ANYTHING COULD TURN UP.THERES A BOX OF THE MAGNETICS ON BONNIE WAITING TO BE FOUND.BELIEVE ME THEY ARE THERE.AT THE END OF THE DAY NOTHING IS SACRED

DAVE

Social source share

I have been looking for them in the States for a few years as i rate it highly...i have a copy and have just found a second copy, not on the net but when i was there last month. I think its a bloody hard 45 to find Ian....as has been backed up by the other posters to this thread.

Think I`ll let my mate have it...he has been looking as long as me!

Chris

You're probably right. I've got a tendency to assume that just 'cos I kept stumbling into things in the 70's (and 80's to a lesser extent), that certain titles cannot be rare. But if those couple of hundred count boxes have all ended up in people's collections since then, then I guess they're rare now......

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert