Polylined 45 Paper Sleeves

Guest Ivor Jones

Guest Ivor Jones

Oh No. This is how sad i`ve become i`m afraid !huh.gif

Can anyone tell me if these are available for sale from any UK Dealers or Manufacturers ?

Im looking for [White]Paper[NOT CARD] 45 sleeves that have a Polylined insert inside that completely cover and protect the vinyl and label[there is no circular cut out in the plastic for the label].......They sell these in the U.S. at Bags Unlimited but the postage would kinda make it prohibitive.

Also, i would be interested in the Clear plastic inserts for 45s too. These are basically the same thing but just dont have the paper outer sleeve as above. They cover the label too with no circular cut out and they just fit inside the existing sleeve to protect the record.............

So does anyone know if they are available in the UK from any dealers or manufacturers....?

Thanks in advance people,

Best, Ivors

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Oh No. This is how sad i`ve become i`m afraid !huh.gif

Can anyone tell me if these are available for sale from any UK Dealers or Manufacturers ?

Im looking for [White]Paper[NOT CARD] 45 sleeves that have a Polylined insert inside that completely cover and protect the vinyl and label[there is no circular cut out in the plastic for the label].......They sell these in the U.S. at Bags Unlimited but the postage would kinda make it prohibitive.

Also, i would be interested in the Clear plastic inserts for 45s too. These are basically the same thing but just dont have the paper outer sleeve as above. They cover the label too with no circular cut out and they just fit inside the existing sleeve to protect the record.............

So does anyone know if they are available in the UK from any dealers or manufacturers....?

Thanks in advance people,

Best, Ivors

I'm equally tragic Ivor yes.gif Love these sleeves and can't find them anywhere over here. My breath is baited ... ...

atb

Phil

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Mr,Manship,has them for sale on his site.thumbsup.gif

I think they are you want

Kev:hatsoff2:

Thanks for your prompt reply Kev........I`ve just had a look and i cant see anything like it but maybe i`m looking in the wrong place ? Anyone else ?

Social source share

What is the benefit of the plastic insert? Does it keep the record from scuffing or just cut down on static?:D

I don't think it does either by itself.

It may cut down on static by reducing dust etc but it also protects from nasty fluid accidents - depending on how good the record is.. ohmy.gif

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I don't think it does either by itself.

It may cut down on static by reducing dust etc but it also protects from nasty fluid accidents - depending on how good the record is.. :ohmy:

Thanks lads for your input......As far as im concerned,the main benefit of the plastic inner sleeving is to not only protect the playing surface more but also to keep the labels from getting as grubby as they do....Its amazing how much dirt they pick up over the years so i think its a rather good idea.

Regarding the postage costs from the USA to UK.....? I shudder to think what 500 sleeves would set you back postage wise....

Anyone else.......?

Social source share

Guest Phoenix8049

Thanks lads for your input......As far as im concerned,the main benefit of the plastic inner sleeving is to not only protect the playing surface more but also to keep the labels from getting as grubby as they do....Its amazing how much dirt they pick up over the years so i think its a rather good idea.

Regarding the postage costs from the USA to UK.....? I shudder to think what 500 sleeves would set you back postage wise....

Anyone else.......?

Just one little bit of advise when you are using these covers.

I used to use the cardbourd ones with the Polythene inners.

If you pack them to tight they start to sweat for some reason and leave nasty marks on the playing surface that are a son of a B##ch to clean off.

Stu.

Social source share

Anyone else.......?

Did you read my post, Ivor? 500 sleeves at Protected are about 34 quid including p&p from Germany... :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest JohnnyHitman

If you pack them to tight they start to sweat for some reason and leave nasty marks on the playing surface that are a son of a B##ch to clean off.

Stu.

Yes I have to agree, this is really annoying and I finally replaced all the polythene inners as it even sometimes comes to kind of a chemical reaction and it melts together with the vinyl!!

BE AWARE of that!!!

Social source share

Anyone else.......?

I bought 200 from bagsunlimited in 2007 and they told me the postage would be high so I told them to find out how much. It turned out to be $25.15 which about doubled the cost for 200 sleeves but I reckoned at about $50 they were worth it (25c each).

When they turned up they had put them in a large (heavy) cardboard box which would have held twice the number of sleeves! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I asked them in 2008 how much it would cost to post 1000 and 2000 sleeves and this is what they said:

The cost on 1000 S7P is $108.78 with a weight of 21 lbs.

The cost to ship by US Postal Service International Mail is $85.50 with delivery in 2 weeks.

The cost to ship by DHL is $93.65 with delivery in 4 business days.

The cost on 2000 S7P is $205.44 with a weight of 40 lbs.

The cost to ship by USPS is $142.50 and the cost to ship by DHL is $140.74

I didn't go ahead with the order as I couldn't get a definite commitment from people who had said they would be interested in having some.

So it roughly doubles the cost of the sleeves to about 20c each which isn't bad really.

The bags unlimited ones fit in the covers 33 cardboard sleeves too.

Maybe I should import some and sell them on my web site?

Edited by paultp
Social source share

Guest Perception

Stu.

Only if they are stored in a cold or damp enviroment!

Edited by Perception
Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

https://www.protected...13&AnbieterID=1, p&p 13,90 Euro under 27 kg to the UK if you pay by paypal, (go on "Single" on the left hand side, then scroll down to "Single Cover aus Papier gef¼ttert", 4,80 Euro for 100 covers) hatsoff2.gif

hope these boys have plenty of stock! i know i'll be placing an order....yippeee wanted some of these for ages

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Did you read my post, Ivor? 500 sleeves at Protected are about 34 quid including p&p from Germany... thumbsup.gif

Sorry for the delay in replying,last time i looked i thought the thread had gone off the boil ! Thanks to everyone for thier replies........I think i`ll definately give these a go hermanthegerman,they look good to me....Many thanks,

Ivorthumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest covmart

I use these. Not trying to discourage anyone but keep in mind these sleeves are a pain when flipping through a stack of records, due to no hole. Course it might be sacrilegious to flip using the holes anyway, but I thought I'd point it out.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert